The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > The Imperial Family of Iran

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-15-2005, 01:11 PM
Courtier

well from various sources...specificaly from book written by General Hussein Fardoost.in his book he talks of a letter mullahs wrote to Shahnaz to complain about shah and his desicions against Islam addressing shahnaz as the only religious royalty who has always paid attention to islamic values and their only hope to make shah attention too and... if there was any rumor about her they wouldnt write such a letter to her.
General Fardoost was shah's most trusted friend.they became friends at the age of six,and were always together through school and all their lives.
the reason why she was pushed behind was the fear Farah had about her past being told,though shahnaz was hurt very much she kept silent about it and when the secret was revealed she only didnt deny it and got divorced.
ps.if shah had any concern about relationships of people in his circle he'd have to sent his sister away who was a famous sex nuts.it's told that every night she slept with a diffrent male star or a sportman.

Old 08-15-2005, 03:01 PM
Courtier

As far as his sister, I guess you mean Princess Ashraf lol, I don't think the Shah would have ever stood up to her. Not only were they very close, but I don't think anyone would have stood up to Princess Ashraf. Plus, people say that he would have been lost (politically and emotionally) without her.

And Reza's Court Minister Asadollah Alam (another trusted friend) tells the same story I did. Shahnaz apparently did become very religious, I'm not sure when the change took over, do you think Fardoost wrote this after the change?

Old 08-15-2005, 03:01 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

What past was Farah trying to hide??
Old 08-15-2005, 05:02 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicky
And Reza's Court Minister Asadollah Alam (another trusted friend) tells the same story I did. Shahnaz apparently did become very religious, I'm not sure when the change took over, do you think Fardoost wrote this after the change?
yea he wrote his book after the revolution.another good source is the book written by Ahmad,Anssari Farah's cousin.I highly recommend it.
Old 08-15-2005, 05:15 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowabelle
What past was Farah trying to hide??
she had an affair(not a loving affiar of course)with by Ardeshir Zahedi (shahnaz's husband) to earn her living expenses.
Old 08-15-2005, 05:17 PM
Courtier

this picture http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...hmentid=174213
isnt certainly from shah's funeral.because the man in middle in Hoveida,the prime minister who at the time of death of Mohammad Reza was eighter jailed or killed.
Old 08-15-2005, 05:22 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by cute_girl
she had an affair(not a loving affiar of course)with by Ardeshir Zahedi (shahnaz's husband) to earn her living expenses.
I never heard that before. I thought she was a student or something when the Shah picked her out.
Old 08-15-2005, 06:10 PM
Courtier

in all the books written by Shah's generals and friends you can read this story.
she was a student and engaged to her cousin who supported her,once she started seeing another man he stopped supporting her,so she left paris for a while to do something for her living(her father was dead and hadnt left anything but loans and her mom was a tailor).
in Tehran she was told that General Zahedi is very generous to girls who surrender themselves to him,as a last resort she tried that.
Zahedi and his father were very powerful and had helped shah a lot in coup-detat and shah was supposed to be indebted to them,actually he was a weak man who didnt want to admit this and the fact that the he couldnt make right desicions without help of them.also he was jealous that CIA trusted Zahedi more and besides he'd kept shah's daughter as a hostage!and that weakend shah's postion more and more.
on the other side Zahedi didnt like the ignorence and selfishness of Shah,after a quarrel,to ruin his false pride,he decided to humiliate him with choosing shah a wife who'd slept with Zahedi before,so he interduced the two to each other,and pushed shah into this marriage by saying that "this girl isnt from a noble family like your previous wives so isnt going to expect much of you and will be a homebody person,wont nagg if you have misstresses,wont interfere with your decisions,will have no power and will only bring up her children.she isnt beautifull so the chances of her having affair with other men is less,poor people wont rebel against you if you marry on of them..."so shah accepted.Zahedi was the worst of husbands,threatening Shahnaz to death if she opens her mouth.
during years very geniunly Zahedi spread the secret through courtiers and army generals,and as one night in a party in his villa named Hesarak he'd shown Farah to his friends,everyone started to whisper about Farah,soon she became unpopluar.
Shah begged him to go away and to divorce her daughter,Zahedi who had insulted Shah in the best way possible agreed and left for USA as an ambassador with a winning smile.
this the brief story of what I've heard and read.
Old 08-15-2005, 06:59 PM
Aristocracy

Regarding: " this picture http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...chmentid=174213
isnt certainly from shah's funeral.because the man in middle in Hoveida,the prime minister who at the time of death of Mohammad Reza was eighter jailed or killed."

The man in the middle is former US president Richard Nixon. An yes he was at the funeral.
Old 08-15-2005, 07:23 PM
Courtier

LOL, I didn't look at the link before, that certainly is Nixon there. Here's more of Nixon at the funeral. Corbis provided.

Old 09-27-2007, 07:49 PM
Nobility

I was glad to find this thread. As a Texan myself, the Shah's death was sad (and well remembered) because he had been treated in San Antonio prior to his death. I hope he and his wife were comfortable for the short time they were here...

I believe a year later, his son and heir trained in Texas....

What was the name of the book his sister Asraf wrote? Is she still alive?
Old 09-28-2007, 07:40 AM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – Jordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkie40 View Post
What was the name of the book his sister Asraf wrote? Is she still alive?
The book´s name it´s: Faces in a Mirror
Old 09-28-2007, 08:16 AM
Aristocracy

The book's name is: Faces in a Mirror, and HIH Princess Ashraf is still alive, her official site is: Princess Ashraf Pahlavi of Iran - Site
Old 11-02-2008, 04:43 PM
Serene Highness

Anniversary, 1987 http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1.../1987-july.jpg

Anniversary, 1991 http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1.../1991-july.jpg

Anniversary, 1992 http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...992-july-a.jpg

Anniversary, 2000 http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...000-july-a.jpg

Anniversary, 2000 http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1.../2000-july.jpg

Anniversary, 2000 http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...vi/8413379.jpg
Old 12-14-2008, 12:30 PM
Aristocracy

Official visits of the Shah to other countries and of rulers to Iran

Hello!! Post here pics of official visits during the reign of the Shah.

The father of the Shah (Reza Khan) stayed here in Spain during the reign of Alfonso XIII. The Shah one time with Soraya in 1958 (the ruler was General Franco and not the King Juan Carlos). The King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia stayed two times in Iran (during the party of the 2500 years of the Persian Empire when they were already Princes of Spain and in 1976).

Regards!!
Old 12-15-2008, 01:52 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilal View Post
As anecdote, the veil (in Spanish we say "mantilla") that Farah wear this day was a present of Jaime Peñafiel (a journalist of the magazine "Hola") and it belonged to Empress Eugenia de Montijo of France.

Regards!!
Old 01-16-2009, 04:24 PM
Aristocracy

Do you know how many "romances" had the Shah before to know Soraya or Farah? I know Grace Kelly and Maria Gabriela of Saboya, do you know more? I believe that he had a romance with the Duchess of Kent, but I'm not sure :(

Regards!!
Old 01-16-2009, 08:45 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by espejor View Post
Do you know how many "romances" had the Shah before to know Soraya or Farah? I know Grace Kelly and Maria Gabriela of Saboya, do you know more? I believe that he had a romance with the Duchess of Kent, but I'm not sure :(

Regards!!
Do you have some articles about his "romances" with Grace Kelly ?
Old 04-28-2009, 02:10 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieS View Post
Do you have some articles about his "romances" with Grace Kelly ?
I read this story in La Véritable Farah by Vincent Meylan.
Old 04-29-2009, 02:45 PM
Serene Highness

Reza II childhood:
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...i/1971-aug.jpg
Reza II and Farah Pahlavi in Cairo, Egypt, 1980:
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...hlavi/1980.jpg

Tags
iran, pahlavi, reza, shah