Empress Farah Pahlavi News and Events 2: 2005 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A cupoftea,here is an approximate transalation.Sorry my english isn't perfect.

The journalist says that the Empress is very active in Paris to which she is close .She says french people are close and affectionnate to her because they see her as "the former french student".
Everyday at the same hour,she is on internet and calls people in Iran anonymously.She says that because of her particular voice people recognize her,sometimes,she just tell them that she is the person they sent a message to on the internet.Sometimes,people on phone call her by her title and she prevent them to do so in order to avoid them getting into troubles with the iranian authorities.Usually,people reply to her that they don't care.
She follows the news in Iran ,call family and anonymous people.
She is trying de collect item for her caritative work.She visited the designer Eric Chaix and asks him if he can donate a handbag for an auction to be held in Washington in november for the benefit of "institut Pasteur"
She says that she wants a bag like "Farah bag" he donated last time.The designer says that it's a honor for him to which she replies it's a honor for her.
She added laughily that she just doesn't want a bag made of snake skin.
Then,she visited the art gallery of an Iranian artist.She is always discretly protected by a policeman.
They spoke about her first meeting with the Shah who told her that his two previous marriages failed for different reasons.She was honoured to accept his proposal.She says that her love for the monarch turned into a love to a husband.
The journalist told her that she was the first Iranian consort to be crowned.The Empress says that when the Shah put the crown on her head,she felt as if he put it on the head of all Iranian women.
They spoke of the difficult moments she faced,the moment they left Iran,especially when she saw the Shah's tears and the distraught of the officers.They spoke of the death of her daughter and the suicide of her son.
She says that in all these tragedies,sport,meditation and yoga helped her a lot.She says everyone must try to find something to survive.
She was asked if she felt more like "the former empress" or "Farah".She says title aren't important to her,that she lived 36 years outside her country but feels concerned to what happens to her countrymen

Who is the lady at her right back wearing tiara ???

The caption states she is the daughter of the late Infanta Beatriz of Spain and she is also the mother of Princess Sibilla of Luxembourg, Olimpia Torrolini (King JC of Spain ' s 1st cousin) ?

Who is the lady at her right back wearing tiara ???

The caption states she is the daughter of the late Infanta Beatriz of Spain and she is also the mother of Princess Sibilla of Luxembourg, Olimpia Torrolini (King JC of Spain ' s 1st cousin) ?

It's Olimpia Weiller, née Princess Torlonia and granddaughter of King Alphonso XIII of Spain. She's wearing her grandmother Queen Ena's aquamarine tiara.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

:previous:
NotHRH & JR76,
Thanks for the info. Empress Farah looks fresh & elegant as usual.

She looks great and younger.

Strangely enough the photo in the article is from the wedding of Joachim of Denmark to Alexandra Manley in 2004

Couldn't be - Joachim and Alexandra were married in 1995 and were divorced in 2007. Joachim and Marie were married in 2008.

Strangely enough the photo in the article is from the wedding of Joachim of Denmark to Alexandra Manley in 2004

wrong brother. It's from Fred & Mary's wedding in 2004.

The link works fine for me on my computer and phone. Maybe you clicked on something which lead you to that photo?

Tribute to His Excellency the late ‪#‎Boutros‬ #Boutros-‪#‎Ghali‬
by H.I.M Empress ‪#‎Farah‬ ‪#‎Pahlavi‬
February 19, 2016
I have had the pleasure of knowing His Excellency the late Boutros Boutros-Ghali and his charming wife, Leia for thirty-seven years.
He was a man of strong will, independence and boundless courage who worked with devotion for whatever task he was given. He was also a scholar, a consummate diplomat and a visionary who toiled hard for peace in the Middle East. In 1977, when President Sadat decided to go on his historic journey to Jerusalem, he accompanied Sadat as the minister of state for foreign affairs and played a crucial role in the negotiations, which led to the Camp David accords. As Secretary General of the United Nations after the fall of the Soviet Union he relentlessly pursued peace and harmony among nations and in the words of Secretary General Ban-Ki-moon Boutros-Ghali was, “a memorable leader who rendered invaluable services to world peace and international order.”
He and his wife Leia were dear, loyal and reliable friends throughout our time in exile. I will never forget their kindness and understanding when in 1979 we left Iran and went to Egypt.
On this sad occasion my prayers and heartfelt sympathies go to Leia his devoted wife and to his bereaved family and friends.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

It can be very interesting. Do you know if the book will be translated to many languages?

I don't know. If it sells well in the anglosphere than probably but at this stage it's hard to say - what language were you wanting it in just out of curiosity?

Empress Farah Pahlavi attended the presentation of The New Van Cleef & Arpels Collection : "L'Arche De Noe Racontee Par Van Cleef & Arpels" in Paris:

** gettyimages gallery **

Last edited:

Empress Farah and her granddaughter Noor attended Stephane Bern's Foundation for 'L'Histoire et le Patrimoine - Institut de France' delivering its 2016 Prize on January 5 in Paris:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gettyimages gallery **

Empress Farah attended Charity Gala against the Alzheimer's disease at Salle Pleyel in Paris on January 30:

** gettyimages gallery **

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom