HIH Prince Ali Reza (28 April 1966 - 4 January 2011)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you, frank, it's really interesting article.

One time with a great sense of humour, lively and another time - melancolic?:eek:
Maybe the late Prince suffered from bi-polar disorder?:ermm:

Hommage au prince Ali Reza d’Iran dans le Maryland | Noblesse & Royautés

Sorry, but I think they shouldn't smile: (I'm not saying about crying, but at least more serious faces would be more appriopriate imo).

Last edited by a moderator:
They are not smiling, they are just trying to cope .

The thread has been cleaned up because of several posts that were source of arguments and derailments.

In particular,
posts containing speculations about the grief of Ali Reza's relatives and about the causes of his suicide, as well as other speculative and off topic contents, have been deleted.

Any future off-topic and speculative post will be deleted by a moderator without notice.

MAfan
for the
Iran forum Moderators

Sorry, but I think they shouldn't smile: (I'm not saying about crying, but at least more serious faces would be more appriopriate imo).
What gives anyone here the right to say what they should be doing. Smiling, even at a terrible time, unfortunately, I am perosnally aware of that, is still a human emotion.

Major Depressive Disorder, in my case, has affected and has altered many plans and dreams that I had expected to happen in my life.
MDD can be a very severe emotional state of mind, and no one can understand another person's depression. No one can understand

No one can understand how the late prince and the late princess felt before deciding to take their own lives. How sad most people speculate on such life-altering events.
I will pray for the late prince/ss and hope they have found the peace they were obviously looking for.
Rest in Peace!

The Crown Prince has announced a daughter for the late Prince Alireza called Iryana Lelia was born on 26 July to Raha Didevar. How sad this little girl will never know her father :sad:

Reza Pahlavi - Announcement of Birth

So sad this baby will never know her father. :sad:

It is very nice from the former imperial family to announce the birth. It probably means that the baby daughter is welcomed like a part of the family and that the family will help both mother and daughter.

It sounds like the Iranian royals are being targeted by God for some sick reason. How many more of these horrible deaths can anyone take?

AristoCat - you may find that some readers of your post would disagree with you about the idea of a deity which "targets people for some sick reason"....

It's so infinitely easy to blame God for everything that goes wrong.

I dunno, it's just so tragic and with the other tragedies lately, it's like God is being perverse.

It´s a great new for the Pahlavi family. I am sure that they will be with them.

I suppose as they were not married, the little girl hasn't her father's name unfortunately.

Since she has been acknowledged by Ali Reza's family as his daughter, maybe she'll bear his surname Pahlavi; but I don't think she'll be Princess.

Why not? Her father was a prince, and with the mother was he engaged... Does she not inherited his titel? "Her blood is blue." The mother doesn't become titel and money, I can understand it, but his daughter why not?

I wouldn't imagine that she would be a Princess, unless they do something that the Greeks did YEARS ago when a King (was it George I or II) died. Either way, she wouldn't be in line to the throne.

I sincerely hope that the birth of the little girl will ease the pain of losing a son and brother. It probably won't but they will have her to treasure in the future.

Zonk, I think you are referring to Princess Alexandra, wife of King Peter of Yugoslavia, daughter of King Alexander and Aspasia Manos. Yes, she was born five months after her father's death, but her parents were married, albeit civilly.

That's who it was. Thanks...I forgot they were had a civil marriage...but prior to his death the marriage was recognized correct?

That's who it was. Thanks...I forgot they were had a civil marriage...but prior to his death the marriage was recognized correct?
Alexander's father was exiled and he was crowned King, so in fact he did recognize his own marriage, but when his father regained his crown after Alexander's death, he recognized the marriage at the behest of Queen Sophia, retroactively.

Why not? Her father was a prince, and with the mother was he engaged... Does she not inherited his titel? "Her blood is blue." The mother doesn't become titel and money, I can understand it, but his daughter why not?
There was no official announcement about their engagement; only with Sara Tabatabai 10 years ago.

There was no official announcement about their engagement; only with Sara Tabatabai 10 years ago.

Actually I think they were not engaged, if they had been, it would have been announced. Maybe they would have got engaged and married, if Alireza was alive. But when he died and Ms. Raha was pregnant, it sounded better to say fiance than just girlfriend.

The royal family have confirmed that a daughter has been born to the prince, congratulations to the family, I assume any child born to a prince will inevitably be a prince or princess since the child carries the gene as well as the blue blood! The name chosen for the child further confims that the royal family have embraced this new addition to their family.May the birth of princess Iryana Leila Pahlavi bring happiness and peace to the broken hearts of all those who mourned our beloved prince's tragic demise...

Back
Top Bottom