The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > Royal Families of Germany and Austria

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-15-2009, 07:24 PM
Gentry

Very cute

Old 06-15-2009, 08:08 PM
Aristocracy

Does anybody have information and foto of Tatiana Ivanova? She sounds russian to me, and i would love to find out who she is! Thank

Old 06-20-2009, 04:32 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Pics 10.6.2009

Björn with wife Sandra Bernadotte and Christian Bernadotte
attended the prize winner concert of a singing contest named
after singer Anneliese Rothenberger who was also present at
the event, Mainau, Germany, June 10, 2009.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **
Old 06-23-2009, 05:31 AM
Courtier

is there anyone who knows how the relationship the children of the two late wifes of count Lennart Bernadotte are? the children of the first one don't appear on the website of island of Mainau foundation and in the pics of count Bjorn wedding.
Old 06-28-2009, 11:35 AM
Aristocracy

An interview with Prince Alois K. von Löwenstein

Fürst Löwenstein: When my ancestors at the head of the Catholic laity organization stood, there were other objectives of the bodies from the time of persecution under Bismarck and the Nazi period were: the unconditional loyalty and support of the pope and the bishops, a critical and distanced attitude toward government and politics, the awareness of the Catholic faith in Germany

kathnews » “Was anspricht, ist Echtheit”

Translation into English here:
Google Tradutor
Old 07-05-2009, 08:39 AM
Heir Presumptive

I do not know how Princess Elizabeth (Princess Elizabeth de Croy, born into royalty as a descendant of the kings of Hungary) is related to the bride but a kind woman:

A Royal Ambassador for the Animals: Princess Elizabeth de Croy | The Humane Society of the United States

Princess Elizabeth de Croy, 1921-2009
Princess Elizabeth worked tirelessly for animals all around the world for more than 40 years, seeking to stop cruelty and advance animal welfare legislation.

Dedicated to animals

A WSPA Advisory Director and great asset to us for over 25 years, Princess Elizabeth travelled across Europe and Asia with WSPA, successfully lobbying governments to introduce legal protection for animals and saving future generations from pain and suffering.
She also found time to be an ambassador for WSPA member societies the Humane Society International and Naturewatch UK, and founded her own member society: animal shelter Refuge de Thiernay.
This shelter has done inspirational work in caring for neglected and abused animals in France and will be a suitable legacy for a life dedicated to animal protection.
Princess Elizabeth was a real force for good. Her dedication to animal protection and her commitment to WSPA was outstanding, and she will be sadly missed by everyone she worked with, all over the world............
Old 07-23-2009, 01:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

Sueddeutsche.de has made a nice, but fictional "notesheet" of the German minister of economics, Baron Karl-Theodor zu Guttenberg.

Was auf dem Notizzettel von Wirtschaftsminister Guttenberg steht - jetzt.de - Macht - jetzt.de

Very funny!
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 07-26-2009, 04:43 PM
Super Moderator

From June 28 till July 3rd the 59th conference of the Nobel
Prize winners took place in Lindau, Germany, Countess Bettina
Bernadotte is the president of the board of trustees, once
her father had been in that position.

Here's a pic of her during the conference:

----> Pic
Old 07-26-2009, 05:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

I thought the Bernadotte's were French and then Swedish? Are they also German?
Old 07-26-2009, 05:52 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The family comes from France; in 1813, they became swedish, with King Carl XIV. A branch of te Family, descendant from Prince Wilhelm, second son of King Gustav V, lives in Germany, in Mainau, where they own the castle of the island. The late Count Lennart belonged to this branch.
Old 07-27-2009, 02:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

thx MAfan Why did they not stay Princes and Princesses? They were not accepted by the German "authority that says you are noble"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAfan View Post
The family comes from France; in 1813, they became swedish, with King Carl XIV. A branch of te Family, descendant from Prince Wilhelm, second son of King Gustav V, lives in Germany, in Mainau, where they own the castle of the island. The late Count Lennart belonged to this branch.
Old 07-27-2009, 05:35 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Do you refer to the Comital title? They were given this title because the marriage of Count Lennart, former Prince Lennart of Sweden, was not allowed by the King and/or the Parliament. According to the swedish law, has lost all his rights and titles due to this marriage now allowed. Later he had been created Count of Wisborg, the title given to all the former Swedish Princes (except Prince Charles, who was given in 1937 the title of Prince Bernadotte in Belgium, by his brother in law King Leopold III).
Old 07-30-2009, 04:26 PM
Super Moderator

Pics 30.7.2009

Countess Diana Bernadotte and daughter Paulina Marie pose
for a photosession on the island of Mainau, Germany, July 30:

It's their second photosession this year, both ladies enjoy the
camera

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **
Old 07-30-2009, 04:47 PM
Courtier

Paulina is one very pretty little girl.
Was it an 'official' photo session? It looked more like some private pictures of tourists to me.
Old 08-02-2009, 03:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

http://i31.tinypic.com/5xn9ue.jpg

seems private to me. If I had upper arms like that I would not be caught pictured with an icecream in front of me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsel View Post
Paulina is one very pretty little girl.
Was it an 'official' photo session? It looked more like some private pictures of tourists to me.
Old 08-09-2009, 04:15 AM
Super Moderator

Countess Bettina Bernadotte opened an exhibition of
historical agricultural engines on the island of Mainau,
Germany, August 6, 2009:

-----------> Pic
Old 08-15-2009, 12:02 AM
Courtier

Prince Maximillan of Bentheim-Tecklenburg is head of the house and also is he has a wife and a son I don't remember their names though they were mention on the family site. He allows vistors to vist his palace and the gardens that surround the palace the princess is well into charity work.I wish I could find more about them but they live private and quiet lives away from other royals and nobles.

I'm head of a dynastic house no matter what others say.
Princess Kamorrissa,Countess of Welle
Old 08-15-2009, 05:37 AM
Courtier

The prince has two older surviving brothers. Why the first born renounced his rights? And why he renounced in favor of Maximilian and not of the second born?
Old 08-15-2009, 06:22 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by amedea View Post
The prince has two older surviving brothers. Why the first born renounced his rights? And why he renounced in favor of Maximilian and not of the second born?
Both of the older brothers have rennounced theri right. Why is not known. There was another brother Christoph who died in an car wreck in 1987.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 08-21-2009, 07:27 PM
Courtier

I was incorrect he is only hereditary prince meaning he is heir-presumptive
did one of his other brothers keep their rights to become become head of
the house? I thought he was head of the house finding someone else is.

I'm head of a dynastic house no matter what others say.
Princess Kamorrissa,Countess of Welle