Royal, Princely and Noble Families of Germany & Austria 2: Ending 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does someone have news on the announced wedding of count Karl-Theodor von Toerring-Jettenbach and on the bride?
Carl-Theodor Graf zu Toerring-Jettenbach has today advised us of the following:

He was married (civil) to Natalia Alexeevna Ivanova (maiden name), now Countess Toerring-Jettenbach since 28 October 2009.
His son's name is Karl Albrecht Graf zu Toerring-Jettenbach, born on 9 April 2009 in Paris.
The Church ceremony will follow in 2011.

On the occasion of the annual Mainau castle festival Countess Diana has
presented her little son Eric Hagen Lennart. The pictures also include
the other Bernadotte sibblings on October 1st, 2010.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

ZDF is now broadcasting a concert on Mainau of Andre Rieu. Countess Bettina and husband attended and one of her brothers too. I have no idea when it was recorded though.

Hey this may be the wrong place but does someone have any information of the mediatized house of Nesselrode and if the male line this exist and if not when did it die out. Thanks

Countess Diana, together with daughter Paulina and little son Eric Hagen,
have posed for a photo session at the Mainau castle on December 1st, 2010.

The sibblings are really cute! :)

Thanks iceflower, aren't the children just the sweetest things!:flowers:

Academic scandal for Freiherr zu Guttenberg

Karl-Theodor Freiherr von und zu Guttenberg is the scion and heir of a very old German family. His direct ancestors include members of the houses of Eltz, Wrede, von Meran, Löwenstein-Wertheim-Rosenberg, Arenberg, Lobkowitz, Kinsky, Auersperg, Merode Thurn und Taxis, Esterhazy, Schwarzenberg... up to Liechtenstein and through Archduke Johann of Austria - Habsburg-Lorraine.

Quite illustrous. As is his marriage to a descendent of the "Iron Chancellor" Bismarck: Stephanie Countess of Bismarck-Schönhausen.

His job: Cabinet minister of defense of the Federal Republic of Germany.

Academic profession: lawyer. Doctorate from the University of Bayreuth.

A golden boy. Till scandal broke loose some days ago which gets worse by the minute- virtually.

Because the Baron is accused of being a plagiator on using foreign research in his dissertation without declaring it as quotes and mention the real authors. Which for academics and people of honour is something not easily, if at all, to remedy. At the moment lawyers from all over Germany have founded an internet group to check the dissertation and to document any quote taken from someone else's work without mentioning the source.

I follow the case (being a lawyer myself) and it looks really bad for him. He's been given to weeks to explain by his alma mater but the political damage is very bad. We'll see.

Last edited:
Wilhelm Graf zu Stolberg-Stolberg died at Cascais on 3 April.

[He was born at Ascherode on 2 June 1927, son of Joseph Graf zu Stolberg-Stolberg and of Theresia Freiin von Ketteler. He was married firstly from 1961 to 1970 to Princess Irene von Isenburg, secondly, in 1972, to Annemarie Elisabeth Klaas (1933-2002), and thirdly, in 2005, to Frances Ann Sutherland. He is survived by three children from the first marriage and grandchildren.]

Source: Royal News of 2011, Section II

Wilhelm Graf zu Stolberg-Stolberg died at Cascais on 3 April.

[He was born at Ascherode on 2 June 1927, son of Joseph Graf zu Stolberg-Stolberg and of Theresia Freiin von Ketteler. He was married firstly from 1961 to 1970 to Princess Irene von Isenburg, secondly, in 1972, to Annemarie Elisabeth Klaas (1933-2002), and thirdly, in 2005, to Frances Ann Sutherland. He is survived by three children from the first marriage and grandchildren.]

Source: Royal News of 2011, Section II

Solms-Hohensolms-Lich

German birthright not for sale, politicians warned

Sydney Morning Herald, 28 September 2011

Germany's top judge has issued a blunt warning that no further fiscal powers may be surrendered to Europe without a new constitution and a popular referendum, vastly complicating plans to boost the European Union's rescue machinery to €2 trillion ($2.73 trillion). Andreas Vosskuhle, head of the constitutional court, said politicians do not have the legal authority to sign away the birthright of the German people without their explicit consent...

Prince Hermann Otto zu Solms-Hohensolms-Lich, the Bundestag's deputy president and finance chief for the Free Democrats in the ruling coalition, expressed outrage over the [government's] secret plans. ''Unless the German finance minister can give an immediate assurance that there will be no leveraged formula, I will not vote for this law. We might as well dispense with months of negotiations if all this means is that the Bundestag will be circumvented and served cold leftovers,'' he said.

I'm with the Prince on this one. Either it is government for and by the people, or it is not.

HSH Fürst Heinrich von Orsini und Rosenberg died on 11 December 2011, aged 86.

He was born on 29 Jan 1925, the eldest son of the then Hereditary Count (and later Fürst) Johannes von Orsini und Rosenberg and his wife, née Countess Henriette Larisch von Moennich.
He married in 1947 to Countess Eleonore von Goëß; they became parents of seven children (Ladislaja, Johannes, Ferdinand, Markus, Matthias, Henriette and Andrea). The marriage lasted until Princess Eleonore's death in 2004.

He is survived by his children, children-in-law and grandchildren; his sister Franziska, his siblings-in-law, his half-sister Henriette von Bohlen und Halbach (née Princess von Auersperg) and his half-sister-in-law Princess Beatrice von Auersperg with their families.
Orsini und Rosenberg

Countess Diana and her children Paulina and Eric Hagen have posed for the annual Christmas
photo session at the Mainau castle at the end of November:

H.Ill.H. Countess Agathe zu Ortenburg, née Countess von Schaesberg, passed away in Coburg on 20 December 2011. She was 86.

She was born on 14 May 1925, the youngest daughter of Count Georg von Schaesberg and his wife, née Countess Ghislaine de Berlaymont.
She married in 1954 to Count Alram zu Ortenburg, with whom she had four children (Marie Isabell, Heinrich, Stephanie and Karl; Heinrich is the former husband of Princess Desirée von Hohenzollern). Her husband predeceased her in 2007.
She is survived by her children, children-in-law, grandchildren.

Ortenburg
Schaesberghttp://www.angelfire.com/realm/gotha/gotha/schaesberg.html

Does anyone know if the Italian skijumper Sebastian Colloredo is related to the House of Colloredo-Mannsfeld?

I wouldn't say so as there is no Sebastian born in 1987 in this list:

Colloredo

Last edited:
Great grief has fallen on Count Ruppprecht-Maximilian von und zu Arco-Zinnebrg gennant Bogen (b.1941) & his wife Katharina, nee Countess Henckel von Donnersmarck (b.1943):

Their daughter, Countess Isabella-Gabriela von und zu Arco-Zinnebrg gennant Bogen died in Louvain, in January.

She was born in Munich on 5 December 1973 as the second child; she had older brother Aloys-Maximilian (b.1970). On 12 May she married in Schloss St. Martin Alexandre Stefanovich (b. in Washington on 17 November 1961).

Apart from her parents, brother and husband, she bereaved three children: Maximilian-Alexandre, Elisabeth-Eliane (twins, b.2001) and Karl-Ferdinand (DOB unknown).

So young a woman....So sad!

Sources: Arco
Descendants of Duke Friedrich of Saxe-Altenburg

I have a very urgent question: Which languages does Prince Alois Konstantin zu Löwenstein-Wertheim-Rosenberg speak? Thank you!

Since Alois-Konstantin was born and lived in Germany whole his life, I would assume his first language to be German.
He was born in Wurzburg, grew up in Bronnbach, attended school in Milton and univeristy in his native Wurzburg.
The Prince worked mainly in Frankfurt and Munich, and currently lives in Kleinheubach.

In addition to German, I expect he's fluent in English, since he worked in the United States, first in a bank, then for Gulf Oil.

Last edited:
Since Alois-Konstantin was born and lived in Germany whole his life, I would assume his first language to be German.

I read somewhere that he speaks six languages, German and what are the other five?

I read somewhere that he speaks six languages, German and what are the other five?
In addition to German, he definitely speaks English (having worked in the United States for a number of years) and French.
What are the other three languages I cannot tell. Perhaps one of the other members of the forum could help you.

He once mentioned in an interview that he speaks Spanish. Iirc, he mentioned that one of his sisters lives in Spain and he often spends time there.

He is quite a good dacer, I danced with him many years ago, at a ball in Würzburg.

Could one of them be Italian, since his mother Carolina was born an Italian Countess?

Eltz

:previous:
Their engagement was announced on 8 March 2012 in The Times.

Alexander DE CARVALHO & Stephanie VON UND ZU ELTZ Engagement Announcement | The Times

Alexander de Carvalho is 27, and is the son of Michael de Carvalho and his wife Charlene de Carvalho-Heineken, the owner of Heineken brewing company.

The Heirs of Europe: Heineken
Charlene de Carvalho-Heineken - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Thanks for posting. Does anyone know if this lucky Von und zu Eltz is of the same family that owns the stupendous Burg Eltz? If so, there will be no problem spending the Heineken fortune:|

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom