Royal, Princely and Noble Families of Germany & Austria 2: Ending 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous:
The caption to Pic 4 from the Münstersche Zeitung.de link is:

Gruppenfoto mit Täufling, Eltern und den vier Taufpaten Dr. Garnet Casperk (vorne rechts), Cousine Claudia Nemnich (rechts oben), Philipp Fürst von Urach (hinten Mitte) und Emanuel Erbprinz zu Salm Salm (hinten links)

And I've always thought MY eyes were brilliant, Warren :D

Count Bjoern Bernadotte, oldest son of the Mainau-family, arrives with
his future wife Sandra and his sister Countess Bettina for a christening
of a bell in honour of his mother, who passed away in 2008, the evening
before his church wedding on the island Mainau, Germany, 06 May 2009.

On pic 2 and 3 the couple poses for some pics, you can already imagine
what a lovely bride the new Countess will be :)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Pics of the wedding of Count Bjorn and Countess Sandra Bernadotte, Mainau Island, Bodensee, Germany - 07 May 2009
Gallery IBL

:previous:
Posted in their own Royal Weddings Forum thread but relevant here as it is a follow-on from iceflower's pre-wedding pictures.

Solms-Baruth, German prince fights for return of Nazi-seized land

German prince fights for return of Nazi-seized land (News Feature) - Monsters and Critics

Prince Friedrich zu Solms-Baruth, 45, is the 5th Prince of Solms- Baruth, and grandson of Prince zu Solms-Baruth III.
He says his grandfather's land and property in the eastern state of Brandenburg was seized by the Nazi's after an abortive bomb plot to assassinate Adolf Hitler in 1944. a claim dismissed by a court in Potsdam late last year.

In its December ruling, Potsdam Administrative Court recognized that zu Solms-Baruth's grandfather was persecuted by the Nazis, but argued this had not been the reason his land and property were expropriated.The properties in question had belonged to the prince's family since the 16th century. Today they are administered by the Brandenburg state, and by municipalities in and around the town of Baruth.

A settlement was reached in 2003 between zu Solm-Baruth's father and the German government, regarding the bulk of the family estates. The prince is now fighting for the rest of the estate still being held by Brandenburg state and associated cities, including forested areas said to be worth more than 7 million euros (9.4 million dollars) alone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Löwenstein-Wertheim-Freudenberg

Wedding of Erbprinz Hubertus of Saxe-Coburg & Gotha, Coburg, 23 May 2009...

Erbprinz Ludwig and Erbprinzessin Elisabeth zu Löwenstein-Wertheim-Freudenberg: [DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto

Does someone have news on the announced wedding of count Karl-Theodor von Toerring-Jettenbach and on the bride?

Count Carl Theodor zu Toerring-Jettenbach and Natasha Ivanova will marry sometime this year. they have a son Carl Albrecht, born 9 april 2009.

Bettina Countess Bernadotte baptises a rose on the
island Mainau, Germany, 11 June 2009.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Does anybody have information and foto of Tatiana Ivanova?:flowers: She sounds russian to me, and i would love to find out who she is! Thank :)

Pics 10.6.2009

Björn with wife Sandra Bernadotte and Christian Bernadotte
attended the prize winner concert of a singing contest named
after singer Anneliese Rothenberger who was also present at
the event, Mainau, Germany, June 10, 2009.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

is there anyone who knows how the relationship the children of the two late wifes of count Lennart Bernadotte are? the children of the first one don't appear on the website of island of Mainau foundation and in the pics of count Bjorn wedding.

An interview with Prince Alois K. von Löwenstein

Fürst Löwenstein: When my ancestors at the head of the Catholic laity organization stood, there were other objectives of the bodies from the time of persecution under Bismarck and the Nazi period were: the unconditional loyalty and support of the pope and the bishops, a critical and distanced attitude toward government and politics, the awareness of the Catholic faith in Germany

kathnews » “Was anspricht, ist Echtheit”

Translation into English here:
Google Tradutor

I do not know how Princess Elizabeth (Princess Elizabeth de Croy, born into royalty as a descendant of the kings of Hungary) is related to the bride but a kind woman:

A Royal Ambassador for the Animals: Princess Elizabeth de Croy | The Humane Society of the United States

Princess Elizabeth de Croy, 1921-2009
Princess Elizabeth worked tirelessly for animals all around the world for more than 40 years, seeking to stop cruelty and advance animal welfare legislation.

Dedicated to animals

A WSPA Advisory Director and great asset to us for over 25 years, Princess Elizabeth travelled across Europe and Asia with WSPA, successfully lobbying governments to introduce legal protection for animals and saving future generations from pain and suffering.
She also found time to be an ambassador for WSPA member societies the Humane Society International and Naturewatch UK, and founded her own member society: animal shelter Refuge de Thiernay.
This shelter has done inspirational work in caring for neglected and abused animals in France and will be a suitable legacy for a life dedicated to animal protection.
Princess Elizabeth was a real force for good. Her dedication to animal protection and her commitment to WSPA was outstanding, and she will be sadly missed by everyone she worked with, all over the world............

From June 28 till July 3rd the 59th conference of the Nobel
Prize winners took place in Lindau, Germany, Countess Bettina
Bernadotte is the president of the board of trustees, once
her father had been in that position.

Here's a pic of her during the conference:

----> Pic

:previous: I thought the Bernadotte's were French and then Swedish? Are they also German?:flowers:

The family comes from France; in 1813, they became swedish, with King Carl XIV. A branch of te Family, descendant from Prince Wilhelm, second son of King Gustav V, lives in Germany, in Mainau, where they own the castle of the island. The late Count Lennart belonged to this branch.

thx MAfan:flowers: Why did they not stay Princes and Princesses? They were not accepted by the German "authority that says you are noble"?

The family comes from France; in 1813, they became swedish, with King Carl XIV. A branch of te Family, descendant from Prince Wilhelm, second son of King Gustav V, lives in Germany, in Mainau, where they own the castle of the island. The late Count Lennart belonged to this branch.

Do you refer to the Comital title? They were given this title because the marriage of Count Lennart, former Prince Lennart of Sweden, was not allowed by the King and/or the Parliament. According to the swedish law, has lost all his rights and titles due to this marriage now allowed. Later he had been created Count of Wisborg, the title given to all the former Swedish Princes (except Prince Charles, who was given in 1937 the title of Prince Bernadotte in Belgium, by his brother in law King Leopold III).

Pics 30.7.2009

Countess Diana Bernadotte and daughter Paulina Marie pose
for a photosession on the island of Mainau, Germany, July 30:

It's their second photosession this year, both ladies enjoy the
camera :)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

Paulina is one very pretty little girl. :)
Was it an 'official' photo session? It looked more like some private pictures of tourists to me.

Countess Bettina Bernadotte opened an exhibition of
historical agricultural engines on the island of Mainau,
Germany, August 6, 2009:

-----------> Pic

Prince Maximillan of Bentheim-Tecklenburg is head of the house and also is he has a wife and a son I don't remember their names though they were mention on the family site. He allows vistors to vist his palace and the gardens that surround the palace the princess is well into charity work.I wish I could find more about them but they live private and quiet lives away from other royals and nobles.

The prince has two older surviving brothers. Why the first born renounced his rights? And why he renounced in favor of Maximilian and not of the second born?

The prince has two older surviving brothers. Why the first born renounced his rights? And why he renounced in favor of Maximilian and not of the second born?
Both of the older brothers have rennounced theri right. Why is not known. There was another brother Christoph who died in an car wreck in 1987.

I was incorrect he is only hereditary prince meaning he is heir-presumptive
did one of his other brothers keep their rights to become become head of
the house? I thought he was head of the house finding someone else is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom