Royal, Princely and Noble Families of Germany & Austria 2: Ending 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dulce Elena

Gentry
What does everyone know about this young, handsome, eligible royal? He is the royal of the month (at least I think I read right)! I know he spends his time between Bremen, Berlin and Hechingen. That's about it. He's involved in his late grandmother's charity work (Prinzessin Kira Stiftung), and he done some traveling, but not much else. C'mon y'all...spill :D

I found the picture of Sophie back, but I can't post it here because it's from a Yahoo group.

The group is called 'Royauté' (it's French). Mind you it's NOT 'Royauté2', in message 2006, there are photos from the funeral of Kira of Prussia, GF's aunt. Sophie is the girl on the photo on the 2nd row, 1st one from the left.

House of Cleves

This is where Anne of Cleves came from but is it still a royal house? Anne was of German royalty is all i know- who are the descendants of the Cleves house?

The Ducal family of Cleves became extinct in 1609 when the male line died out and the Duchy of Cleves was subsequently devided between Brandenburg and Wittlesbach families before becoming part of Prussia in 1815.

Reccommended Links:

Wikipedia Article

Infoplease Article

Princely Wedding Shock!

I have no information to add apart from some biographical detail...

HSH Prince Alexander, born 1979, is the son of Prince Alfred and lives with his family in Vienna.

Prince Alfred is the brother of Hereditary Prince (Erbprinz) Johannes von Schönburg-Hartenstein; their father is Alexander, the 8th Prince (Fürst).

Whatever the reason, cancellation of the wedding at the last moment must be very embarrassing for such a noble and proud family.

The Gotha must be agog!

Viola-Theresa said:
s.gif
Prince Alexander canceled wedding
Cancellation by SMS
Prince Alexander von Schönburg-Hartenstein (26) and his fiancée Comtesse Anne-Victoire de Rougé (24) canceled their wedding near-term.

Last edited:
But isn't it weird to text message guests on the way to the wedding??

This sounds like a very puzzling event!

No explanation

Still a complete mystery as to what happened to bring about the abrupt wedding cancellation, and why. The G-ARMB has no further info either.

Just a precision: Anne-Victoire de Rougé is not a countess. In France, daughters don't get the titles of their father (except if daughters of a prince or a King). So she is mademoiselle Anne-Victoire de Rougé. But her father is count de Rougé.

Is there a german prince called eric?

Does anyone know if there is a member of the royal family called Eric?

Last edited by a moderator:
bad_barbarella said:
Does anyone know if there is a member of the royal family called Eric?
Which Royal Family?

There is HRH Prince Eric of Bourbon-Parma (b 1953), married to Countess Lydia of Holstein-Ledreborg (her mother is Princess Marie Gabrielle of Luxembourg, a sister of Grand Duke Jean).

Archduchess Michaela of Austria (a daughter of the Archduke Otto) married Duke Eric Alba-Teran d'Antin, but they are divorced.

Images of German Empresses and Queens

I'd appreciate images of empresses of the Holy Roman Emipre and Germany - any esp. medieval. Berta of Tourin, Agnes de Poitu, Maria Anna von Bayern etc. The more, the better.

mustnt forget that most Royals were married to other royals

Thus the Baron and Baroness Von Smolevitz.....related to Hanna Rothschild.
The Von Smolevitz" were also my grand parents. So, i descend from Russian royalty and Deutschland. My grandfather was killed during ww2. Jewish royalty. Grandmother went to U.K. with their 3 children. My mother the midle one. she met my Father, Princess Esterina Romanov's son, married him ... and had myself the youngest and my sister.

carol_romanoff said:
Thus the Baron and Baroness Von Smolevitz.....related to Hanna Rothschild.
The Von Smolevitz" were also my grand parents. So, i descend from Russian royalty and Deutschland. My grandfather was killed during ww2. Jewish royalty. Grandmother went to U.K. with their 3 children. My mother the midle one. she met my Father, Princess Esterina Romanov's son, married him ... and had myself the youngest and my sister.
None of my genealogies mention a 'Princess Esterina Romanov'. Is there an alternate spelling?

There is no trace on Internet of barons Stolevitz.

Danielane said:
There is no trace on Internet of barons Smolevitz.
Yes, I checked that too, same result. But we'd probably find a Rothschild or two. :D

Warren said:
Yes, I checked that too, same result. But we'd probably find a Rothschild or two. :D

Indeed. :D
Some Hanna(h) Rothschild existed, but no one is related to a baron Smolevitz. So...

try spelling it properly

Danielane said:
There is no trace on Internet of barons Stolevitz.

and He was killed by the nazi's therefore our family in germany was whiped out...hello ...duh

carol_romanoff said:
and He was killed by the nazi's therefore our family in germany was whiped out...hello ...duh
Why was he killed by the Nazis? Was he involved in the plot against Hitler?

In the baroque hall of the Schloss Stolberg, the former master seat of the Princes zu Stolberg Stolberg, are located to 17.04.2006
Prince Jost Christian, 4th Fürst und Graf (Prince and Count) zu Stolberg and his daughter, the 11-year old Princess Juliana, who live in Brussels with his wife and son.

In the schloss, which has been restored for several years by the German donation monument protection, to have the work for the 2nd section begun. The first use of areas in the Prince's Wing, to which also the baroque hall belongs, are to take place at the beginning of of 2008 via the resin city. The medieval small town in the south resin commits in this year the 500. Birthday of July IANA, which is considered as an ancestor woman of the Netherlands House of Orange and lived on her birth to 13 years in the Stolberger schloss. The prince visit to the city on the occasion of the 500-jaehrigen of anniversary attendance from the Netherlands House of Orange.

Photo by Waltraud Grubitzsch (DPA)

May 28, 2006
90th Birthday of Baroness Sophie von Aretin
Ellingen

from seegerpress :

Baroness Sophie von Aretin, with husband, Baron Erwein von Aretin

The guests :
1 - Fürst Carl Christian von Wrede, Erzherzogin Anna Gabriele von Habsburg-Austria (neé Princess von Wrede)
2 - Erzherzog Carl Peter & Erzherzogin Alexandra von Habsburg-Austria (neé Princess von Wrede)
3 - Fürstin Katalin von Wrede, Erzherzog Carl Peter & Erzherzogin Alexandra von Habsburg-Austria
4 - Wolfgang-Ernst, 4th Fürst zu Ysenburg und Büingen with Archduke Rudolf of Austria
5 - Fürstin Katharina von Wrede, Reichsgraf Florian von & zu Hoensbroech & Reichsgräfin Desiree (neé Princess of Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach) & son Friedrich Johannes.

more from seegerpress :
1, 2 & 5. Erbprinz Carl Christian von Wrede, Archduchess Anna Gabrielle of Austria (neé Wrede), Countess Sophia von Montgelas (neé Princess von Wrede), and Fürst Wolfgang Ernst zu Ysenburg und Büdingen
3. Reichsgraf (Imperial Count) Florian von und zu Hohensbroech with son Friedrich Johannes, and Fürst Carl Friedrich von Wrede
4. Archduke Rudolf of Austria and his son Archduke Carl Peter
6 & 7: the front of Schloss Ellingen, the seat of the Princely House of Wrede.
8. Family Group (with credit for the identification to Gregor of the GARMB): The Baroness and Baron von Aretin with Carl Friedrich, 6th Prince of Wrede, and Princess Katharina; Hereditary Prince Carl Christian and Princess Katalin of Wrede, née Countess Bethlen de Bethlen; Imperial Count (Reichsgraf) Florian von und zu Hoensbroch with Countess Desiree and son Philipp Benedikt; Archduke Carl Peter and Archduchess Alexandra of Austria (née Princess of Wrede, daughter of 6th Prince) with their children Archduke Lorenz and Archduchess Antonia; Countess Sophie of Montgelas, née Princess of Wrede (sister of 6th Prince), and Fürst Wolfgang-Ernst zu Ysenburg und Büdingen; Archduke Rudolph and Archduchess Anna Gabriele, née Princess of Wrede (sister of 6th Prince):

Royalty Still Very Much in Vogue in Republican Germany.

Germany might not have its own royal family anymore, but that doesn't mean Germans aren't fascinated by aristocratic goings-on in other countries. Royal fever is alive and well, and the media knows how to exploit it.

http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,2144,2104577,00.html

Australian said:
This is where Anne of Cleves came from but is it still a royal house? Anne was of German royalty is all i know- who are the descendants of the Cleves house?
Anne of Cleves was the daughter of the Duke of Cleves (Herzog von Kleve), a duchy whose lands are now split between Kreis Kleve in Germany and the Kingdom of the Netherlands. It is really a lovely area along the Rhine, if one ever gets the chance to visit. In the early seventeenth century, it passed from the House of Nassau to the Hohenzollerns of Prussia through a marriage, and thus was annexed to Prussia. This ended the prominence of the duchy for quite some time.

It also briefly was the stomping ground of Maurits von Nassau, and the many marriages of Cleves princesses to other royal and noble families mean that there are many descendants throughout the continent.

Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Beck

Does anyone here know what happened to this family? Is it true that they simply became Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glucksburg or did they die out? Or, did they stop marrying royal? Thanks!

Dulce Elena said:
Does anyone here know what happened to this family?
In 1825 Herzog (Duke) Wilhelm of Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Beck was invested with the Duchy of Glücksburg by the King of Denmark, and assumed the title of Duke of Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glücksburg.

Duke Wilhelm's 4th son became King Christian IX of Denmark.

The current Duke of SHSG is HH Christoph, married to HSH Princess Elisabeth of Lippe-Weissenfeld, with three sons and a daughter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom