Duke Carl and the Royal House of Württemberg 1: Ending 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC Prince Max is also the owner of Schloss Wildenwart, so perhaps it will be inherited by one of the yonger daughters.

Thanks MAfan. It is quite an extential range of properties.

I believe that the duke of Wurttemberg -or the 'Hofkammer des Hauses Wurttemberg' still owns three palaces of the family: Schloss Althausen, Schloss Friedrichshafen and Schloss Mon Repos in Ludwigsburg. But perhaps I am missing a few.

Last edited:
Yes the House of Württemberg still owns Altshausen Castle,Friedrichshafen Castle and and Monrepos Castle and also lots of other Domains around Stuttgart which are renteted out in Erbpacht.
As for the Duke in Bavara Tegnersee and Wildbad Kreuth he inherited from his adopted father Duke Ludwig in Bavaria. Both had long belonged to the ducal line. Don't know if he himself owns Wildenwart Castle as it came from the Royal line. A few of the daughters of King Ludwig III. lived there until the 1970's and after the had passed aways it was taken over by Duke Max.

Last edited:
Who is on the portrait behind The Duchess Wurttemberg (photo 3)?

:previous:

I believe that is the duchess herself, wearing a fur hat.

:previous:
Thanks for the information!
The Duchess of Wurttemberg on the said portrait resembles a Russian boyarina. I find it quite unusual.

Last edited:
As I am very interested in fabric and mostly antique and vintage, I wonder if she designed the fabric or found the fabric somewhere that is antique. I wonder who actually made the robes for they are beautiful and if possible I would really like to find out about the fabric itself. Thank You!

Iris Caren and Sylvie of Württemberg attended the premiere of the musical "The Hunchback of Notre Dame" in Stuttgart, Germany, on February 18:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Duke Friedrich of Württemberg dies in car crash

He died in a car crash this afternoon.Duke Friedrich - aged 56 - leaves his wife and three children.He was the eldest son and Heir.Gott habe gnaden!

R.I.P.

www.schwaebische.de/

Last edited:
Such a shame. Sorry for his wife and children , parents, and siblings.

His widow and children are descendants of the actual Kings of Württemberg, which he himself was not.

Very tragic News. I fell very sorry not only for his wife and children but also for their parents who suddenly lost their Heir who also adiminstrated the posessions of the Family.

What an awful tragedy and what a shock & loss for his wife, children and parents.

Last edited:
What an awful tragedy!
Condolences to his wife, children, parents and siblings.

Rest in peace.

Oh damn, what a shock! A reminder that it can all be over in a flash, when you're right in the middle of life.

Drive safely everyone!

Late Prince Alexis of Windisch-Graetz, who lost his life in a similar way, was able to save posthumously life of a few people...
Would it be possible this time with Duke Friedrich?

This is really a bad Car Accident . His car was a Porche. How did the Duke this manoeuvre on a small Road and a very long Trailer.? In the other car 3 persons has only small injuries. The damages are more than 100.000 euros. (German newspaper)

The Family lost Husband Father ,his Heir , his manager of their lands . His Son is only 23 years old and the old Duke is so frail. How sad for this Royal family.

Last edited:
Condolences to the family. It is unfortunate that The Duke Friedrich von Württemberg died so young.

Oh damn, what a shock! A reminder that it can all be over in a flash, when you're right in the middle of life.

Drive safely everyone!

Those were my first thoughts too. It's scary how one event can cause a life to end (and three more, in this case). My condolences to the family; this was tragic news.

His old Porsche had no air bag. Really a terrible accident on a small road going from his parents Castle to his.

A House of Württemberg announced in a press release that the victim was Friedrich Herzog of Württemberg, the eldest son of Carl de Württemberg and Diana of France, cousin and companion of the childhood of King Juan Carlos. The heir Duke, responsible for the administration of family property, leaves a wife, the Duchess Marie; three eldest sons, Duke Wilhelm, 23 years old and successor to the title; the Duchess Marie-Amélie, 22, and the Duchess Sophie-Dorothée, 20, and "all the members of the Ducal Family and the House of Württemberg deeply shocked," read the note.
https://www.hola.com/realeza/20180510123954/fallece-friedrich-herzog-von-wurttemberg/

Do you think King Juan Carlos may attend the funeral?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom