Duke Carl and the Royal House of Württemberg 1: Ending 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It isdukeWilhelm who is the son of the late Duke Freidrich. Itr was earlierthis year announced that Wilhelm will get business experience bevore taking over the Hofkammer business. Until then his uncle Duke Michael will take over this position.

And anyway it was always Wilhelm who was to became the Head of the Royal House one day as the only son of the oldest son but of course it was expected that he would follow his father rather than his grandfather.

Sorry, of course its Wilhelm not Philipp. But you did not answer the question, why you called Friedrich the second "heir".

Sorry, of course its Wilhelm not Philipp. But you did not answer the question, why you called Friedrich the second "heir".
I feel that it's important to remember that many members of the forums don't have English as their first or even second language.

On December 23, Marie Caroline of Württemberg with brother-in-law Andreas von Maltzan and sister Anna in Bayern-von Maltzan attended the handover to tenant Korbinian Kohler who is planning a unique mental retreat and will take over the stately complex Wildbad Kreuth, south of Kreuth, Germany, from April 1, 2021.

** gettyimages gallery **

Congratulations to the couple!

I have a problem with the descendants of Princess Pauline "red princess", Melchior Willim's wife. They had three children:
* Marcella (b. 11 Jan 1881 Breslau), a nun
* Raphael (b. 4 May 1882 Breslau, d. 1939 Paraguay), his descendants was researched by WARGS
* Michaela (b. 16 Sep 1883) - here is a question
There is a man on MyHeritage - Mario Dublanka - who believes he is the Princess' great-grandson. The exact line looks like this:

1. Michaela (b. 16 Sep 1883, d. 12 Dec 1943 ?? Breslau) m. Paul Grosser (b. 15 Jan 1871, d. 31 July 1926)
1.1. Susanne (b. 12 Apr 1921 Breslau, d. 19 Dec 1999 Koln), m. Wilhelm Dublanka (b. 20 Jun 1920, d. 6 Mar 1977 Bielefeld)
1.1.1. Mario Dublanka (b. 5 Nov 1944 Breslau)

Are there any sources to support this line? Most say nothing about Michaela except the date of birth.

I have a problem with the descendants of Princess Pauline "red princess", Melchior Willim's wife. They had three children:
* Raphael (b. 4 May 1882 Breslau, d. 1939 Paraguay), his descendants was researched by WARGS
There is a man on MyHeritage - Mario Dublanka - who believes he is the Princess' great-grandson. The exact line looks like this:

1. Michaela (b. 16 Sep 1883, d. 12 Dec 1943 ?? Breslau) m. Paul Grosser (b. 15 Jan 1871, d. 31 July 1926)
1.1. Susanne (b. 12 Apr 1921 Breslau, d. 19 Dec 1999 Koln), m. Wilhelm Dublanka (b. 20 Jun 1920, d. 6 Mar 1977 Bielefeld)

Are there any sources to support this line? Most say nothing about Michaela except the date of birth.
Michaela was to my knowledge the nun not Marcella.

Yes, Michaela married Paul Bruno Otto Grosser and died in 1943. I am attaching her death record which I found in Ancestry.

Attachments

• Michaela Willim Grosser.jpg
    Michaela Willim Grosser.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 83
Yes, Michaela married Paul Bruno Otto Grosser and died in 1943. I am attaching her death record which I found in Ancestry.
Thanks, that settles it then. Seems Warg, Marlene and me were wrong.

Thanks, that settles it then. Seems Warg, Marlene and me were wrong.

Well, the first (usually reliable) source I checked stated Melchior and Pauline had no children so I guess there is a lot of misinformation out there about the family.

Sophie D'Andigné (née Württenberg) just gave birth to her first baby. She posted a picture on her IG.

Is te Baby the first Great Grand Child of Duke Karl and Duchesse Diane ?

Is te Baby the first Great Grand Child of Duke Karl and Duchesse Diane ?

Yes as Sophie is their first grandchild who is married. And it is also the first great-grandchild of Duke Max and Duchess Elisabeth in Bavaria. Not sure but i think it is also the first great-great-grandchild of the Count and Countess of Paris.

All my condoleances to the family and especially to his wife.

Statement from the Count of Paris on the death of Duke Carl of Württemberg
It is with great sadness that I learn of the disappearance, in Germany, of my uncle His Royal Highness the Duke of Württemberg.

Madame la Comtesse de Paris and my children join me in conveying our condolences to my aunt, Her Royal Highness Princess Diane, to my cousins and their children, but also our loving thoughts at this difficult time.

I pay tribute to the Prince for his many commitments to his family and his country during his long life.

I assure, with my family, His Royal Highness Prince Wilhelm, who now succeeds his grandfather at the head of the House of Württemberg, of my support.
https://comtedeparis.com/disparition-de-son-altesse-royale-le-prince-carl-duc-de-wurtemberg/

Article about the late Duke.

https://www.suedkurier.de/region/bo...echobox&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1654621863
https://www.schwaebische.de/landkre...tent=pushdatum 2022-06-07T11:43:32_1654602212

The flags at the castle in Altshausen fly at half-mast: Carl Duke of Württemberg died in the early hours of the morning. The 85-year-old was on medical advice in the Oberschwaben Clinic. This was confirmed by his personal advisor Joachim Butz when asked by the "Schwäbische Zeitung". Carl Duke of Württemberg had been struggling with health problems for years. Around two years ago he handed over day-to-day business to his son Michael. After a stay in Hinterstoder, he returned weakened to Altshausen at the beginning of last week. "On medical advice, he went to the Oberschwaben Clinic for a thorough examination. His body was marked by a long illness and the past few years," said Butz. He is survived by his wife Diane and five children. His eldest son Friedrich died in a tragic traffic accident in May 2018. A date for a requiem has not yet been set.
I was at the "oberschwaben Klinik" this morning but of course nothing was published then..

Last edited:
Disappearance? I hope that's not what is says because if would be rather concerning if he disappeared and nobody has any clue where he is but he is presumed death (the S-W-B's know how complicated that makes life - next to not knowing if to mourn or to keep hope). I assume he said 'passing' (or something similar that indicates his death rather than his disappearance).

My condolence to the House of Wurttemberg and the Duchess. It must be hard to loose the husband after more then 60years... I wonder if his grandson will be the new Head of the House or his Son Michael. A previously posted Link says: "Around two years ago he handed over day-to-day business to his son Michael" Maybe he thought his Grandson is to young..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom