Duke Carl and the Royal House of Württemberg 1: Ending 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think King Juan Carlos may attend the funeral?

It will probably depend if he can already after his hip operation last month. They could also send Infanta Elena she attended the Wedding of Friedrich and Marie in 1993 and also the one of Philipp and Marie Caroline in 1991.

Last edited:

The funeral for Duke Friedrich of Württemberg took place in Altshausen, Germany, today, May 25.

Among the guests were King Philippe and Queen Mathilde, Prinz Lorenz, Prince Hans-Adam, Prince Alois and Princess Sophie of Liechtenstein:

** rex gallery ** bild.de: Abschied von verunglücktem Herzog **

** swr.de: Letzte Ehre für Friedrich Herzog von Württemberg **

** stuttgarter-nachrichten: Auch das belgische Königshaus ist gekommen **

** suedkurier: Große Anteilnahme bei der Beisetzung von Friedrich Herzog von Württemberg **

Last edited:
What a sad day.

I also recognize Sybilla of Luxembourg, Archduke Karl, Margrave Max, H Prince Bernhard and H Princess Stephanie of Baden, the Duke of Bavaria, the Duke and Duchess in Bavaria, Dss Elisabeth in Bavaria and husband.

I was at Altshausen today but only the Press and invited guests were allowed to enter the Castle ground- Therefore i stood on the Marketplace where one could see the guests leaving the Busses and cars from the back not sure which i all saw. Among those i recognized. Countess Helene of Limburg Stirum, one of Duchess Diane brothers eitehr the Duke of Orleans or the Comte de Evreux (not sure which one), Princess Sybilla of Luxembourg, Fürst Hans Adam of Liechtenstein in a car with son Alois, daughter-in-law Sophie and another woman (could be Marie Caroline but not sure), Margrave Max of Baden, Ludwig and Marianne of Baden, Bernhard and Stephanie of Baden with a son, Donatus of Hesse, Duke Franz of Bavaria, Duke Max and Duchess Elizabeth in Bavaria with daughter Anna and her husband, Duchess Elisabeth in Bavaria and Daniel Terberger,, Fürst von Hohenzollern, Georg Friedrich of Prussia, Donata of Mecklenburg, Michal and Dagmar of Saxe-Weimar, The Fürst and Fürstin zu Oettingen-Wallerstein, Fürst and Fürstin zu Leinigen, Heinrich of Hannover with son Albert, Fürst zu Schaumburg-Lippe and many more

After all the guests had said farewell to the Duke whe where allowed to go into the Church where one could have a look into the Crpyt throught a Glassdoor.

Last edited:
Thanks Stefan.
Did the Duchess de Montpensier, born Wurtenberg and her Children attend the funerals

Thanks Stefan.
Did the Duchess de Montpensier, born Wurtenberg and her Children attend the funerals

Don't know about her but apparently Marie and Jean where there. But i haven't seem them. Perhaps they stayed already at the Castle.

So so sad. :sad: Poor Wilhelm, such a burden on his shoulders all of a sudden. Luckily the family seems a close-knit one who will support one and other.

Thank you for your report, Stefan. Do you live in the region, that you were able to attend? And did you watch the service on the market square with the others?

So so sad. :sad: Poor Wilhelm, such a burden on his shoulders all of a sudden. Luckily the family seems a close-knit one who will support one and other.

Thank you for your report, Stefan. Do you live in the region, that you were able to attend? And did you watch the service on the market square with the others?

I live in the Stuttgart area from where the Württemberg Family originates and had their seat until the abolishion of the Monarchy. It is only since 1918 that they live in Altshausen. From there it is about 2 hours by car. Yes i watched the Service on the Market Square.

Stefan ,
Who is the lady next to Duchess Marie and her Son ? Duchess Diane ?.
I saw only a picture of Duke Philippe and his wife. Prince Max and his wife were devasted. No other siblings. Did the old Duke Carl attend ?

Since Eberhard obviously was walking with Friedrich' s two daughters I' m asking myself wether he' s (still) married to that Desiree Cnopf. The circumstances of that marriage were always a little mysterious IMO.:cool:

Stefan ,
Who is the lady next to Duchess Marie and her Son ? Duchess Diane ?.
I saw only a picture of Duke Philippe and his wife. Prince Max and his wife were devasted. No other siblings. Did the old Duke Carl attend ?
Yes that is Duchess Diane. Duke Carl was present in the Church as he could be seen from the back on the Video which was streamed outside. Probably he wanted to avoid the photgraphers and left to another entrance. Apparently there is also direct way to the Castle.

Last edited:
So they are 3 generations ?Why did written under the pictures that the Lady was Duchess Diane ?

The German Royals are doing well. Their whole Royal Houses were represented .

Last edited:
A very sad occasion. It's good to see that there was a large turnout and the interior of the chapel looks beautiful.
It's times like this that are reminders of how short life really can be...

Are any of his uncles involved in the family business too? It seems a rather large responsibility for somebody who is still rather young.

Are any of his uncles involved in the family business too? It seems a rather large responsibility for somebody who is still rather young.

Duke Michael is repsonsible for the Wineyards of the family and this part of the business. Donm't know if Duke Eberhard is also invloved but don't think so. Earlier this year it was said that Duke Carl is also involved in the business even more now after the death of Duke Friedrich. As i understand it will be severaql years until Duke Wilhelm will take over

The money will be for her foundation. Nice gesture from Princess Diane !

I see she is also auctioning a Fish patterned porcelain of the Portuguese Bordalo Pinheiro.

The money will be for her foundation. Nice gesture from Princess Diane !

Also the money from the sale of her artworks goes into her foundation.

I saw the list of the Auction. Very low Estimation for a Royal Auction.
I was surprised by the many dresses she had. I don't like them too vintage.(from 36 to 44...)
There are also Wedding dresses but not hers.
French, German and Spanish and Portugeese items , but I don't like any.
Or I am a fan of Royal Auctions !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom