Old 02-01-2005, 08:40 AM
Administrator

Royal House of Saxony (Wettin)

The Kingdom of Saxony
House of Wettin Royal Arms
Albertine Line

The Royal House of Saxony

House of Wettin

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . R. . . . . . . . . .

The Royal Standard of Saxony 1815-1918
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . R. . . . . . TStandard of the Crown Prince of Saxony
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

° . . ° . . ° 

Old 08-23-2005, 03:16 PM
Serene Highness

Royal House of Saxony (Wettin)

The Prince and the Governor

The FIDE congress that is currently being held in Dresden, Germany, has attracted a number of illustrious guests. The Governor of San Luis in Argentina, where the next world championship is being held, was there to greet and inform the delegates. On Sunday he met with Alexander Prince of Saxony. We bring you a photo report.

FIDE (chess federation) full article with numerous photos

Old 08-23-2005, 04:56 PM
Gentry

Alexander is NOT a prince of Saxony, nor is he heir to the headship of the Saxon Royal Family.
Old 08-23-2005, 06:20 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles
Alexander is NOT a prince of Saxony, nor is he heir to the headship of the Saxon Royal Family.
Totally sorry. I just posted what I found.

Old 08-23-2005, 07:16 PM
Gentry

Not your fault, it's just clarification for other readers.
Old 08-24-2005, 04:43 AM
Administrator

Prince Alexander Saxe-Gessaphe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles
Apparently the Margrave of Meissen, Head of the Royal House of Saxony, named Alexander his heir in 1997 "with the agreement of the dynasts of the family". Whether this makes him a legitimate heir to the Headship of a Royal House is another question.
Old 03-23-2006, 01:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince Alexander von Sachsen in Sao Paulo, Brazil on 22 March 2006

The Saxonian minister of foreign affairs and advisor of the Saxonian Prime Minister, Prince Alexander taken up of Saxonia M., to 22.03.2006 during a meeting with investors in the Brazilian restaurant metropolis Sao Paulo. The Wettiner traveled in the past 14 days on behalf of the Free State Saxonia by South America to attach contacts with politicians and enterprises and in-recruit investments. The prince and his wife, princess Gisela von Bayern, live with their four children in Dresden. In the year 1989 the Wettiner celebrated the 900-jaehrige anniversary of the oldest, today still German prince house existing in direct lines. Prince Alexander was intended 1995 for the Kronprinzen of the family.

(photos from DPA)
Old 03-27-2006, 12:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Prime Minister Milbradt, Prince Alexander of Sachsen, on Saturday 25,03,2006 beside his wife, present a book of pictures in the hand in a hotel of the Brazilian restaurant metropolis Sao Paulo. The Wettiner traveled in the past 14 days on behalf of the Free State Saxonia by South America to attach contacts with politicians and enterprises and in-recruit Investitonen. The prince and Princess Gisela von Bayern live with their four children in Dresden.

Photo by Ralf Hirschberger for DPA

Supload.com // Free Image Hosting

Supload.com // Free Image Hosting
Old 04-04-2006, 05:29 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Since when did Prince Alexander drop the 'Gesaphe' part of his name? Or is the caption wrong? Will he be the heir of Pricnce Max-Emmanuel or will the title go to one of the junior branches of the house Wettin?
Old 04-05-2006, 04:49 AM
Administrator

Prince Alexander was named as his natural heir by the Margrave of Meissen in 1997 "with the agreement of the dynasts of the Family" according to Royalty Digest. Alexander moved to Dresden from Mexico and is now head of a Saxon Government department in charge of business development. I guess the 'Gessaphe' has been quietly dropped.

A ps to the Royals and the Reich subject: Prince Maria Emanuel (before he became Margrave of Meissen and Head of the Royal House of Saxony) along with his father Margrave Friedrich Christian were arrested by the Gestapo and jailed in Dresden; both narrowly escaped death sentences in 1944.
Old 05-30-2006, 05:30 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by galuhcandrakirana
Princess Xenia of Saxony, 19, who will also skip the wedding, said: 'I do hope that Ferfried does not experience a similar fate to that of Franz Gsell.'
Just a short info about Xenia Princess of Saxony: she is the illegitimate daughter of Iris Princess of Saxony (thus German family law accords her her mother's last name which is "Prinzessin von Sachsen") and an unknown father. Iris herself is the legitimate but morganatic daughter of Prince Georg Timo von Sachsen and Margit Lukas, who was the daughter of a butcher. Iris grew up at her mother's parent's house without knowing of her Royal background till she was 18. She has been married for four times, in between she had two daughters from unknown fathers according to http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb....16.html#i26563
Other genealogy sources say the same.

The Family of Saxony does not recognize Iris and her children, especially as Xenia (the above quoted "princess") tries to build a career in TV by taking part as a "Princess" in shows like "The Castle" which was the medieval version of the jungle- thing "I'm a star" or in boulevard-TV-programmes where she sells her Royal background.

I do like young Xenia, during the quite tough situations in "Die Burg" she showed that she has character and is a rather sweet and well-mannered girl.
But still she is not the right "Princess" to be quoted in such an article, IMHO.
Old 05-31-2006, 09:48 AM
Administrator

Jo, are you saying "people in glass houses..."
Old 05-31-2006, 02:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
Jo, are you saying "people in glass houses..."
I guess, that's what I did. But really, Xenia seems to be a very nice girl and it's not her fault that her heritage is somehow tainted. And she has the right to use that name when it comes to the German law of the time she was born. Sie simply is "Xenia Prinzessin von Sachen, Herzogin von Sachsen."

And: she is not adopted, so she really has some Royal blood in her veins... I recall that at the "Burg" (Castle) show she was early on voted by the callers to become a scullery maid instead of princess and that meant hard work, early hours, primitive circumstances... But she managed very well, never became bitchy for example when she had to work as maid to one of the girls the public voted for as "ladies" etc. As I said, I like her.

And it's a difficult life she has in a way: there is no money that I know of, there is no chance she is invited to the balls of the aristocracy as she has no sponsor from the Saxony-family (they consider her probably as being just a by-blow) but she like other girls dreams of being a "real" princess... So why not try her hand at TV? After all, others are sucessful at that including the current wife of the prince Ferfried, who does not even have a drop of Royal blood in her veins and got her name through marriage (AFAIK - couldn't finde any different information on the net).

So, yes, I wish her well.
Old 06-01-2006, 04:08 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine
But really, Xenia seems to be a very nice girl... So, yes, I wish her well.
...and that's a refreshing sentiment. She'd be pulled to pieces in the Monaco Forums.
Old 06-01-2006, 04:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
...and that's a refreshing sentiment. She'd be pulled to pieces in the Monaco Forums.
Interesting that you say that. When I started reading about Charlene Wittstock I thought that Xenia of Saxony could exactly be the girl for prince Albert. If he has something against the Parisian socialites his sister Caroline champions and looks more for the down-to-earth people his sister Steph favours, then Xenia (apart from being young, blond and nice to look at) could exactly be Princess Right.... LOL

I'm afraid, though, that she might not want the prince...
Old 09-16-2006, 06:24 PM
Courtier

Alles aus: Prinz Rüdiger und Diana gehen getrennte Wege
Aus und vorbei! Lange Zeit war es das bestgehütetste Geheimnis in hiesigen Adelskreisen. Doch die Morgenpost erfuhr: Prinz Rüdiger von Sachsen und Gattin Prinzessin Diana haben sich getrennt. Zum zweiten Mal und diesmal wohl für immer.
http://www.sz-online.de/nachrichten/...asp?id=1228624
=================================================
Rüdiger Prinz von Sashsen, morganatic son of the late Prince Timo of Saxony and Margit Lukas, and his wife Diana (nee Dorndorf) have separated. The couple were married in 2004.
Rüdiger is a cousin of the head of the Saxon Royal House, the Margrave of Meißen.
Old 09-16-2006, 06:29 PM
Courtier

The Prince and the Governor
The FIDE congress that is currently being held in Dresden, Germany, has attracted a number of illustrious guests. The Governor of San Luis in Argentina, where the next world championship is being held, was there to greet and inform the delegates. On Sunday he met with Alexander Prince of Saxony. We bring you a photo report.
http://www.chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=2593
Old 09-16-2006, 06:30 PM
Courtier

Concerning the story on Rüdiger and Diana von Sachsen, I have seen one source that says the couple is already divorced, so perhaps the article is a little outdated.
Old 09-16-2006, 06:35 PM
Courtier

Prinz Alexander bleibt in Diensten Sachsens
Dresden. Neue Hoffnung für Alexander Prinz von Sachsen. Nachdem ihm Wirtschaftsminister Thomas Jurk (SPD) als Ansiedlungsbeauftragter zum Jahresende den Vertrag nicht mehr verlängerte, führt der 52-Jährige nach Informationen dieser Zeitung jetzt Gespräche mit der Staatskanzlei über einen weiteren Einsatz im Dienste des Freistaates. Ob es zum Abschluss eines Beratervertrages oder einer Honorarvereinbarung kommt, ist offenbar noch Gegenstand von Verhandlungen.
http://www.dnn-online.de/dnn-heute/59273.html
=======================================================
Saxon Secretary of Commerce Thomas Jurk extended Prince Alexander's contract with the Saxon government...doing what I'm afraid I don't know. Perhaps someone with a knowledge of German can enlighten us?
Old 09-17-2006, 05:28 AM
Heir Apparent

No, you're not right, Thomas Jurk did not extend the contract... Here's the translation:

Prince Alexander to stay in the services of German federal state Saxony.

Dresden. New hope for Alexander Prince of Saxony. After secretary of commerce Thomas Jurk (SPD) decided not to prolong the prince’s contract as commissioner for the recruitment of new businesses in the area, the 52 year old now talks to the office of the prime minister about continuing his services for the federal state of Saxony, according to informations of our paper. Whether these talks lead to the signing of a contract of consultancy or to the agreement to a payment of fees, is still a topic of the negociations.

"Ansiedlungsbeauftragter" consists of the words "location" and "commissioner" and means in commerce that the prince used his contacts to convince companies to open up a new branch in Saxony.

Greetings from Germany, Jo

'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.