Royal House of Saxony (Wettin)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Prince Alexander of Saxony was styled as Markgraf von Meissen when he attended the funeral of Landraf Mortiz of Hesse in 2013.

His morganatic cousin Rudiger was not invited.

Recently, as reported, Alexander was also received by His Holiness the Pope.

The other Saxon heads of house may disagree on this point, but there are other royal families and institutions who do appear to recognize Alexander as Head of the Saxon Royal House.

As long as Alexander and his family are dedicated to preserving the cultural heritage of Saxony, which they are, one wonders why they should be the subjects of this sort of treatment.

According to the poster Bernardino on the Nobiliana forum, the other lines of the Saxon dynasty did not have succession rights in the Kingdom of Saxony.

The titular Grand Duke of Saxony and Dukes of Saxe-Meiningen & Hildburghausen and of Saxe-Coburg & Gotha are actually dynasts of the Saxon royal family. The last monarchical constitution settles the succession of the Kingdom of Saxony upon the "Saxon princely house", that is the whole House of Wettin itself. A pretender doesn't gain more powers than he would have had during the monarchy itself. Maria Emmanuel couldn't bump eventual dynasts further down.

During the last Saxon re-shuffle, the King of Saxony participated in the discussions. Likewise, a change in the succession of Royal Saxony likely would have involved the Ernestine lines.

My impression is that these two opinions are quite radically different, and the one excluded the other. Either the Royal House of Saxony is formed by the Albertine line of the House of Wettin, as it results from the 1837 House Laws, or it is formed also by the members of the Ernestine line.
But I wonder, if also the members of the Ernestine branch were dynasts in the Royal House of Saxony, wouldn't the most senior of them be the Heir to the late Margrave of Meissen, without any doubt?

The late Head of the Royal House of Saxony acted according with therules of this House. Obviously he had only this choice.

As far as I know, the Imperial House of Brazil recognizes Prince Alexander as Head of the Royal House of Saxony.

That must be due to the fact Prince Luiz, Head of the Imperial House of Brazil, and Princess Gisela of Bavaria, Prince Alexander's wife, are first cousins.

Prince Luiz and Princess Gisela:

http://www.terra.com.br/istoegente/345/fotos/agito_01g.jpg

The Royal House of Saxony is a Catholic House and the Pope recognizes Prince Alexander as the Head of the House.

:previous:

HH the pope does nothing of the sort. He received the prince or 'prince' but that was that. I am sure that HH has more important things to do than get involved in such issues.

Last edited:
During the visit to the Pope the titles of HRH Prince Alexander were respected.

Xenia of Sachsen attended the presentation of live-figures of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex at Madame Tussauds in Berlin, Germany yesterday, December 11:

** gettyimages gallery **

If one goes with the interpretation of the laws regarding the succession in Saxony by the German nobility association, then Prince Daniel of Saxony should be the Head of the house.

They stated that questions of "equal marriages" could be resolved by the Head of the house and that Prince Albert was the legitimate successor of his brother the margrave of Meissen. He recognized Princes Rüdiger and his son Daniel as equal and descendents of a marriage recognized by him, thus accepting their status as Agnats of the family.
Alexander Prince of Saxony was only adopted by his uncle and could thusly not become an agnat. He could though inherit the family estate.
I guess this is why a lot of people accept Alexander as Head of the house, because he has the control of the family money and can thus work together with the representatives of the Federal State of Saxony on projects of preserving the Royal history of the country, while princes Rüdiger and Daniel only have their names.
Not fair but that's how it is.

Xenia is the one from that docusoap about "secret" royals?

I've no idea, I'm sorry. Right now I don't remember any docusoap like that..

Yesterday, January 13, Xenia participated in the couture show "Unadjusted Royal" a creation of the German fashion designer Harald Glööckler in Berlin:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Xenia of Sachsen attended the presentation of the new Range Rover Evoque at Berlin Bridge Studios on March 28:

** Pic **

Xenia of Sachsen attended the opening of the House of BerlinColours at Madame Tussauds in Berlin yesterday, April 10:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

I suppose that the man with her hand on her behind is not a wax doll but a German celebrity?

It's her current boyfriend and he's currently Mister Germany 2019, so he knows how to pose like a doll ;)

Xenia of Sachsen attended the Palmolive Model Night in Hamburg, Germany, yesterday, June 27:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Xenia of Sachsen attended the Bunte New Faces Night in Berlin on July 1:

** Pic **

Xenia is the extramarital daughter of one of her mother's serial lovers and has only used her mother's style, to exploit it and to become a third-rank celebbie with as high points Das Sommerhaus der Stars (read: nobodies labelled as "stars") and Deutschland tanzt (read: nobodies labelled as "stars").

Xenia is the extramarital daughter of one of her mother's serial lovers and has only used her mother's style, to exploit it and to become a third-rank celebbie with as high points Das Sommerhaus der Stars (read: nobodies labelled as "stars") and Deutschland tanzt (read: nobodies labelled as "stars").

Yep, she has played out her "name card" rather bad with her trash-tv appearances. But still better then this Mario-Max dude zu Schaumburg-Lippe with his undies with a crown on it...

I mean, it is surely hard for the not-so-really-nobles to build a carreer. But they stay far below their possibilities.

While she is a seemingly nice young lady, she is only a non-noble nameholder. Her mother has not been accepted by the Royal family as a member because she, like her brother Rüdiger, is from an unequal marriage. While I think this has been unfair in our times (and probably had to do with keeping the Saxony-inheritance within their branch of the family), Xenia and her sister wouldn't even be named as princesses in former times, as they were conceived outside of marriage and only were given the name of their mother due to that - which was "Princess and Duchess of Saxony".

IMHO they should stop the whole nonsense of keeping a former noble title on as a name when you consider how the name laws have changed to be in accordance with democratic ideas and that is completely different from the former laws about titles. So nowadays I get the feeling that most people having a former title in their name are not of noble birth or ancestry while those who are don't have names with titles in them. As there is still so much prestige included in such a name, they really should be abolished. IMHO, of course.

Yep, she has played out her "name card" rather bad with her trash-tv appearances. But still better then this Mario-Max dude zu Schaumburg-Lippe with his undies with a crown on it...

I mean, it is surely hard for the not-so-really-nobles to build a carreer. But they stay far below their possibilities.

Even under the much more strict British laws Mario-Max would be allowed to use his title as his step-father's legally adopted him. Plus that prince is married to his mother and they live as a family. But yeah, all these titles and academic degrees in that family and still they feel as if they were just newly rich "bourgeois".

Xenia of Sachsen attended the Oktoberfest opening in Munich yesterday, September 21:

** Pic **

Theophana of Sachsen-Katte attended the Harald Gloeoeckler and Eric Sindermann fashion show in Berlin yesterday:

** Pic **

Xenia of Sachsen attended 15th Semper Opera Ball 2020 in Dresden yesterday, February 7:

** Pic **

I would rather say no. It's German actor Daniel Termann and so far there haven't been any news about a relationship. Last year she had announced that she was in love with Mister Germany Sasha Sasse, there have not been any news about a possible break-up.

Back
Top Bottom