The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-23-2010, 12:30 PM
Gentry

There is Haus Wettin which I belive is run by Prince Daniel and there is Prince Albert's site Albert Prinz von Sachsen

Old 11-23-2010, 06:07 PM

Smile

thank you all for the info the only problem is that the sites that you have all givin me seem great but i cant speak german or read it lol so if anyone could give me any english sites that would be great

cheers royal me

Old 12-13-2010, 03:02 PM
Aristocracy

Has someone got any pictures of Pss Maria-Anna and her lebanese husband Robert of Afif-Gesaphe ?

I am also looking for pictures of Virginia Dulon, Pss Ernst-Heinrich, and of Charlotte Schwindack, Pss.Timo, as well as Pr. Rudiger's wives, Astrid Linke and Diana Dorndorf.

Thanks in advance
José
Old 02-06-2011, 03:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Saxony Pays Former Royal Family $6 Million for Lost Porcelain

The German state of Saxony agreed to pay 4.2 million euros ($5.8 million) to compensate its former royal family for porcelain lost after World War II. - Bloomberg.com
Old 04-17-2011, 04:55 PM
Courtier

Xenia von Sachsen talks about the child abuse trough her father.
Poor girl.

Xenia von Sachsen: Vom Vater missbraucht: „Ich habe mich selbt therapiert!“ - BUNTE

Google Übersetzer

Old 04-17-2011, 05:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

That's awful and shocking!Pedophiles could be in each family,no matter of money or social status!
How old is she now?Is her father a prince and still alive?If he's alive ,he should be punished
Old 04-17-2011, 05:56 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenora View Post
Is her father a prince and still alive?
I don't know who her father is exactly, but surely he isn't a Prince, and neither is Xenia.
She is not Princess Xenia of Saxony, but Xenia von Sachsen, where "von Sachsen" is merely her surname, not part of a title.
Both Xenia and her sister Xandra took their surname from their mother, Iris Prinzessin von Sachsen (morganatic daughter of Prince Timo of Saxony), who was unmarried both times when her daughters were born (Xenia was born after Iris' second divorce and before her third marriage, and Xandra after Iris' third divorce and before her fourth marriage).
Old 04-20-2011, 05:35 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Didn't she appear in some sort of British reality show? And I believe she has been eager to get press attention too, usually milking her faux titles. It makes you wonder if her claims are true this time (if so, it is horrid indeed).
Old 04-20-2011, 05:45 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Yes, she appeared at reality show "Undercover Princesses"; and now, at the age of 24, she has also written and published her autobiography, whose title in English sounds as "Xenia. From the life of a princess in the 21 Century".
Old 04-30-2011, 09:31 PM
Commoner

Oh yeah! That tv show! She did not find a love though :P
Oh and google says she's been in two other tv shows aswell! 'Popstars' and 'Der Burg'... is she a singer?
Old 05-17-2011, 08:49 PM

An unknown Royal member of the House of Saxony

The attached picture (note rings) was given to my wife's grandfather by a member of the House of Saxony. Can anyone identify the woman? The rings?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01116.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	194.3 KB
ID:	277311   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01117.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	196.2 KB
ID:	277312   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01118.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	192.2 KB
ID:	277313  
Old 11-20-2011, 05:50 PM
Serene Highness

Is the house of saxony a deposed royal family? And another thing I don't understand why princess Xenia of saxony,duchess to saxony isn't married,I propose she possibly marry prince Amadeo of Belgium .good match?
Old 11-21-2011, 02:20 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandduchess24 View Post
Is the house of saxony a deposed royal family? And another thing I don't understand why princess Xenia of saxony,duchess to saxony isn't married,I propose she possibly marry prince Amadeo of Belgium .good match?
Firstly they were yje former Kings of Saxony, a Kingdom in Germany, with its capitol at Dresdon.They family were well known for their patronage of art and architecure. Dresdon was considered one of the most beautiful cities in Europe before the second world war when much of it was destroyed by bombing by the Allies. Dresdon is also famous for its fine chihna and poreclain.

Xenia is not a Prinncess, technically nor is her mother as her parents marriage was not approved by the head of the family. In my opinion she would not make a good match for Amadeo, not just because of her parentage but she seems, from what little I have read and seen, to be a publicity grabbing user.
Old 11-22-2011, 04:10 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAfan
She is not Princess Xenia of Saxony, but Xenia von Sachsen, where "von Sachsen" is merely her surname, not part of a title.
Both Xenia and her sister Xandra took their surname from their mother, Iris Prinzessin von Sachsen (morganatic daughter of Prince Timo of Saxony), who was unmarried both times when her daughters were born (Xenia was born after Iris' second divorce and before her third marriage, and Xandra after Iris' third divorce and before her fourth marriage).
That is entirely correct and very well written. Xenia is not a real princess and I might add she is definitely a publicity grabbing girl who claims to be a senior royal with connections to all the royal families which she is most certainly NOT.
Old 11-23-2011, 06:28 AM
Nobility

Anyway her correct german surname is Prinzessin von Sachsen and not only von Sachsen.

She might not be a real princess, but she is at least a real member of that family. That is a big difference to those adobted royals and nobles in the german newspapers and magazines.

Her unprincely behaviour is part of another discussion.
Old 11-23-2011, 07:30 AM
Courtier

To be correct,as her father is Theo Clevan,she is technically not a member of this family as she adopted the surname of her mother,who is a member of the Wettin family as a descendant from the morganatic branch...
Old 11-23-2011, 09:44 AM
Nobility

In Germany all people are free to choose wether their mother's or their father's surname and for my maternal grandparents I'am a member of their family.
Sure, the Gotha restrictions are much tighter but Gotha is not over but under German law.
Old 11-23-2011, 04:23 PM
Courtier

A member of the family she is although we don't know if the main branch of the Wettins even has contact or respects the morganatic branch of Xenia's mother.....
Old 11-23-2011, 06:22 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphine View Post
In Germany all people are free to choose wether their mother's or their father's surname and for my maternal grandparents I'am a member of their family.
Sure, the Gotha restrictions are much tighter but Gotha is not over but under German law.
I am not saying that she is not member of her family,considered family with her relatives etc.,but she is not a member of the dynasty of Saxony...

For example,daughter of Princess Margaret,Lady Sarah Chatto is considered a family,but she is not a member of Wettin dynasty while her mother is/was...simple!