The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-29-2009, 12:03 PM
Courtier

I am still interested in the issue of the restitutions to the Saxony Royal Family. What they finally get?
I read on Wikipedia:
"Prince Ruediger who is a psychologist,[1] also works in forestry, as in 2003 with his eldest son Prince Daniel he founded the Wettinische Forstverwaltung (Wettin Forest service) which operates in Moritzburg.[5] The forest which is owned as well as run by the royal family, is approximately 1200 hectares in size."
It would seem they have kept the land so. I've read in the posts before that if they obtained the castle of Moritzburg too, they have now sold it back to the state. Nobody has more precise information? Why they haven't obtained the others castles (such as schloss Wachwitz)?
Finally there was the porcelaine collection: they obtained a part of it (they sold in London in 2006) and the other part has remained property of the state? Or it is property of the family, but kept in the state museums? And in this case, the state pay for the lease?

But then another very intresting issue is: how whatever they get was divided between the family?

Old 12-07-2009, 09:24 AM
Heir Presumptive

Prince Dedo of Saxony died:

Google Übersetzer

I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 12-08-2009, 11:53 AM
Serene Highness

An English-language obituary of Prince Dedo of Saxony with several photos: Royal Musings: Death of Prince Dedo of Saxony
Old 12-09-2009, 08:50 AM
Aristocracy

Does anybody know anything about his illegitimate daughter Marie-Christinne (b. 1956) and her mother ?
Old 12-22-2009, 02:09 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSP View Post
Does anybody know anything about his illegitimate daughter Marie-Christinne (b. 1956) and her mother ?
Neither Prince Dedo of Saxony nor his youngest brother Gero ever married. Both the princes were childless as well.

You are thinking of their first cousin, Princess Maria Josepha of Saxony (b.1928). Maria Josepha is the one with the daughter named Marie Christine von Sachsen who was born in 1956. The father of Marie Christine is not known.
Old 12-22-2009, 09:19 AM
Courtier

mmm, we face an interesting problem!
This site reports that Marie Christine is Dedo's daughter Wettin 12
This obituary of the prince doesn't mention her, suggesting he is childless Royal Musings: Death of Prince Dedo of Saxony
What's the source that report she's in fact a daughter of Maria-Josepha?
What is known about her?
Old 12-22-2009, 09:45 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

thePeerage.com - Person Page 3108
This site reports Marie Christine as a daughter of Princess Maria Josepha.
Old 12-22-2009, 12:24 PM
Serene Highness

To prove the point, at the following link you will find pictures of Princess Maria Josepha and her daughter at a funeral in 2005: Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

Maria Christina works as a photographer.
Old 12-22-2009, 02:18 PM
Courtier

I've become interested in the life of princess Maria Josepha. What is known about her? Was it a scandal her pregnacy in such a catholic family? Was she a kind of rebel or it just happened?
Old 02-20-2010, 01:25 PM
Serene Highness

The four-times-married Erina von Sachsen, widow of Prince Timo of Saxony, died on 16 February 2010 in Emden.

She was 88 years-old.

Ostfriesen-Zeitung: Nachrichten im Detail
Emder Zeitung: News Detail

Thanks to the members of Nobiliana forum where this news was originally posted!
Old 02-28-2010, 04:48 AM
Administrator

Princess Xenia of Saxony

Link courtesy of member Kasumi
Tantrums & tiaras: princesses on the pull! | News Of The World

Three princesses (Aaliya of Balasinor in India, Sheillah Cindrellah of Buganda and Xenia of Saxony) will appear in a BBC3 show called "Undercover Princesses".

excerpts...

"Princess Xenia Florence Gabriela Sophie Iris of Saxony goes by the more manageable Gaby while in Essex.
Gaby, a 23-year-old pretty blonde, is heiress to one of the oldest and most noble royal houses in Germany. But she's worried she'll always be a singleton because she never knows whether men like her for herself, or for her royal status.

Having left behind her flourishing pop career and precious chihuahua, Josephine, at her lavish house in Munich, Gaby is eager to get started on her manhunt. "I only meet aristocrats at balls," she sighs. "They're so formal and stiff. I've had a couple of boyfriends, but they were jealous of the attention I get from my career as a pop star."

Citing Prince William as "very attractive", Gaby's expectations seem manageable - she's looking for someone funny who'll treat her with respect."

NB.. Xenia appears previously in this thread at posts #39-42.
Old 03-09-2010, 02:42 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I've watched the first episode and Xenia comes across as very ditsy.
She does seem a genuienly nice person though.
Also she bows to most people she meets.
Old 03-20-2010, 08:46 PM
Gentry

Prince Arne of Saxony engaged?

I don’t speak Germen but from an article I read using an online translator I get that Prince Arne youngest son Prince Rudiger may be engaged; as the article I used the translator for mentions him moving into an apartment in Heidenau with his future wife. Can any German speaker confirm what the article says? Thanks!

Sächsische Zeitung [online] - Sebnitz: Sächsischer Prinz zieht nach Heidenau
Old 03-20-2010, 09:58 PM
Nobility

Indeed it seems like he is going to get married. The article mainly talks about an old factory which was rebuilded. Now there are a couple of lofts between 100 and 500 sqm. Prince Arne is going to live in one of those lofts "Together with his future wife he will move in in spring this year" - I did some other research but couldn't find any further information about the engagement.

I'm not sure but I don't think Arne is the youngest son If I remember correctly he is the one in the middle, I think Daniel is older and Nils is younger.

And finally a question of mine, does someone know how his mother died? She died at a very young age, was she sick or did she have an accident?
Old 03-20-2010, 10:31 PM
Gentry

Thanks very much! Yes you are right he is the middle son my mistake. I see at his brother Nils wedding his girlfriend was given as Sarah Schneider.

< sz-online | sachsen im netz >

Regarding his mother I read on wikipedia she died of a drug overdose but don't if that's true or not.
Old 05-22-2010, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine View Post
it's not her fault that her heritage is somehow tainted.
I think her illegitimacy is better than being inbred. It's also a good way of widening the royals' gene pool, don't you think :)
Old 05-24-2010, 01:59 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossam View Post
I think her illegitimacy is better than being inbred. It's also a good way of widening the royals' gene pool, don't you think :)
Not when she is not actually royal.
Old 07-14-2010, 06:13 AM
Aristocracy

Duke of Thuringia

I hope I'm posting this in the correct section...

Does anyone know anything about Heden (Hedan) II, Duke of Thuringia? Or where, apart from Wikipedia, I might learn about the duke and his family?
Old 09-23-2010, 05:18 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Prince Alexander of Saxony, his wife Princess Gisela (nee Pss of Bavaria) and their daughter Marie Theresa will move to Latin America in early 2012. The sons of the couple will stay in Europe.

More information: Royal Musings: Alexander of Saxony plans move to Latin America
Old 11-22-2010, 05:17 PM

Smile Royal house of Saxony

Could someone please tell me if there is any websites for the Royal family of Saxony (Wettin). as i would like a bit of info aas when doing my fmily tree it turns out at some of my ancestors or the dukes of Saxony.

any hep would be great.

thanks you in advance

royal me