The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-22-2006, 08:22 PM
Serene Highness

Jo, Thank you for correcting what I posted and clarifying what happened in regards to Prinz Alexander von Saschsen...wonder if there has been any newer articles on the subject.

Could you perhaps tell me what the article about Diana and Rüdiger was about? Thanks in advance.

Old 09-24-2006, 09:34 AM
Serene Highness

T.R.H. The Margrave and Margravine of Meißen - Head of the Royal House of Saxony

Source: Seeger-Press

Old 10-18-2006, 07:29 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin
Jo, Thank you for correcting what I posted and clarifying what happened in regards to Prinz Alexander von Saschsen...wonder if there has been any newer articles on the subject.

Could you perhaps tell me what the article about Diana and Rüdiger was about? Thanks in advance.
Sorry, I did only just now see your question concerning prince Rüdiger.

The article says that the prince and his wife Diana have separated a year ago, but have decided to give their marriage another try. But it it didn't work out, so the divorce proceedings are going on as scheduled, so the divorce will be finally within the next weeks.

Diana claims she has only been the maid and cleaing woman while he is sad that the marriage didn't work out. He says he doesn't know where she is but the article alleges she is staying with her family in Ireland.

Hope this helps.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 01-07-2007, 09:14 PM
Nobility

Saxony's Current Status

After 1928, it is my understanding that the Wettins continued to live in Saxony, leaving only in 1945. What is Maria Emanuel's current residence? Are they back in Dresden?
Old 01-08-2007, 08:42 AM
Heir Apparent

The Margrave and his wife live in La Tour de Peilz at the Lake Geneva in Switzerland. The family is trying to regain their properties in Saxony but AFAIk they weren't successful yet.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 04-25-2007, 03:32 PM
Nobility

Wettins of Saxony - Current Status?

It seems that the Wettins suffered the greatest losses of German royal houses after World War II. The family scattered and they lost there property. Now, with the end of Communism, they are back in Saxony. Prince Maria Emanuel adopted his nephew Prince Alexander of Gessaphe as his heir. (Although now Prince Albert, Maria Emanuel's brother, disputes the succession.) Prince Alexander works for the Saxon government as a trade representative.

Did the family recover any of its holdings in Saxony?

Why did so many German royals end up in Mexico? Several of the Wettins and the Hohenzollerns ended up there. Was it simply because they had to go somewhere and the Mexicans agreed?
Old 04-25-2007, 05:33 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Not an agreement that I know of. But indeed many German royals left for South America, even before WII. My guess is that wanted to make a fortune or live a life that they wre used to, with servants et all, which was not possible in Germany anymore. Especially during the years between the wars the former german royals werent treated very nicely. I exchanged information about the brother of Barbara of Mecklenburg (nee Prussia) ith Arturo Beehche on one of the royalty forums some years ago, but sadly I lost that information due to computer failure. He seems to have known the Prince who lived in Costa Rica (could also be Barbara's parents btw). You could try to contact him on his website: EuroHistory.com
Old 06-02-2007, 10:38 PM
Serene Highness

An interview with Prince Alexander von Sachsen Gessaphe
Alexander Prinz von Sachsen
Old 06-07-2007, 07:28 PM
Nobility

Schloss Wochwitz was the Wettin home in Dresden up to 1945. They were trying to get it back. I thought the matter was still in the courts, but I read on a website today that the case was closed and they lost. Is this true?
Old 07-30-2007, 09:20 PM

Smile Any News Updates on Prinz Rüdiger?

Hello

Not a lot has been heard about the whereabouts and activities of Prince Rüdiger since his divorce from Diana and his subsequent advertising appeal for a new Royal lady. Was this for real?

Has anyone got an update on this and his other current activities / public appearances please? What passionate projects is he currently involved with?

Does anyone also know where one may post official correspondence to him?
Thank you in advance.

Opal2Amber :hedwig:
Old 07-30-2007, 09:34 PM
Serene Highness

Hi Opal2Amber,

I'm afraid that I can answer only the first question.

Yes, it was reported that Rüdiger Prinz von Sachsen was advertising for a spouse of royal blood. It is quite unlikely he'll find one. My guesses as to why: his previous criminal record (he served time in jail for tax evasion), the suicide of his first wife, and now this divorce from his second wife (a marriage that lasted a year).
Old 07-30-2007, 10:06 PM
Serene Highness

Photograph of the Margrave and Margravine of Meißen: [img=http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/2930/margravemariaemanuel1td1.th.jpg]
Old 11-01-2007, 11:42 PM
Gentry

A little bit of history on the night after the famous moment:

Prince Frederick III, Elector of Saxony was the Prince that was patron and protectorate of Martin Luther. Luther nailed his 95 Theses to the door of the Wittenberg church on October 31, 1517.
Old 01-01-2008, 10:17 AM
Gentry

Why can't the Margrave declare Rudiger, Prinz von Sachsen his heir since he is a Saxon prince in the male line, though morganatic. I mean Alexander is a Lebanese for goodness' sake.
Old 01-02-2008, 03:55 AM
Administrator

Rudiger has a somewhat chequered past and has proved to be "unfortunate" in his marriages. Alexander Saxe-Gessaphe is at least "respectable" and has a wife of impeccable ancestry, her father being a Wittelsbach and her mother an Archduchess of Austria (Tuscany).

The great tragedy of the modern Saxon House was the death of the intended heir, Prince Johannes of Saxe-Coburg & Gotha, who died at the age of 17 or 18 in 1987.
Old 01-02-2008, 06:25 PM
Gentry

Well my point Warren is that bloodline is bloodline and whether one is repectable and has fortunate marriages or not is another matter altogether. I also believe that there are several existing lines of the House of Wettin who could inherit the Saxony headship and titular throne. I think he's decision is unreasonable. But then again, these opinions dont matter to the Margrave, he solely decides, isnt it?
Old 02-10-2008, 06:36 PM
Nobility

Hello. I remain curious about the fate of Schloss Wachwitz. I don't think the Wettins were able to recover it, were they? Was that a big disappointment to them since that was their main residence before 1945 - or at least I think it was. Did the family recover any of their homes in Saxony?
Old 02-14-2008, 08:47 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinulord View Post
Well my point Warren is that bloodline is bloodline and whether one is respectable and has fortunate marriages or not is another matter altogether. I also believe that there are several existing lines of the House of Wettin who could inherit the Saxony headship and titular throne. I think he's decision is unreasonable. But then again, these opinions don't matter to the Margrave, he solely decides, isn't it?
You are right, there are other existing lines of the House of Wettin (a.k.a. the Saxon duchies) that could inherit the Saxony leadership.

And as far as deciding who the heir is, I believe the Margrave does have the final decision, but the other male dynasts do have to give their approval (in this case, Prince Albert and Prince Dedo).

It should be interesting to see who inherits leadership of the Saxon royal house after Maria Emanuel's death.
Old 02-14-2008, 02:29 PM
Super Moderator

It was decided in a Family Council a few years ago that Alexander should be the Heir. Also Alberto, Gero and Dedo gave their consent then. Albert has now changed his mind.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 04-16-2008, 10:13 AM
Gentry

Hello,

Yesterday (15th April 2008), Princess XENIA von Sachsen and the Croatian party girl DAVORKA TOVILO appeared in the (German-language) talk show "OLIVER GEISSEN" ("Blitzlichtgewitter - Ich will reich und berühmt sein"). XENIA's appearance begins at the 26th minute.

Here you can watch the show:

Oli Geissen online sehen - Die Oliver Geissen Show als Video bei RTLnow.de

Enjoy and many greetings, :)

A Friend