The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-14-2007, 06:29 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine
The restaurant is one of a series which was started with the prince's restaurants at his castle at Kaltenberg. The other's are named "König von Bayern". It's nice, typical Bavarian food, nothing spectacular but well presented, not overly expensive and served with the very good beer from the prince's brewery Kaltenberg. As Kaltenberg Castle is only about 10 kms from here, we like to go there in summer because it's a fun place to be. I especially like his dark brown Ale "König Ludwig Dunkel". In addition the prince organizes a historical (medieval) festival with tournament and markets there every summer - very good entertainment.

Here's a link to the homepage (English version): König Ludwig Schloßbrauerei Kaltenberg
Thanks Jo and Lily.

I'm planning my summer trip and so far we're going to Lake Constanz (in German Bodensee) but we might make a short side trip to Munich and it would be fun to try out.

"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 04-15-2007, 04:01 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
Thanks Jo and Lily.

I'm planning my summer trip and so far we're going to Lake Constanz (in German Bodensee) but we might make a short side trip to Munich and it would be fun to try out.
If you want to travel to the wedding it will probably take on Tegernsee where also her sisters Marie Caroline and Elizabeh married. As for Munich there is many to see for example Nymphenburg Castle or the Residenz in the City and many more. There are many beautiful castles in the Area of Lake Constanze for example Salem where the Baden Family lives a part of it can be visited.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 04-15-2007, 04:20 AM
Gentry

I recommend visiting the castle Arenenberg (on the Swiss side of the lake), where Queen Hortense and Napoleon III lived. Very beautiful!

Kanton Thurgau > Napoleonmuseum
Old 04-15-2007, 10:02 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsa M.
The groom works in the London's Citibank, but I doubt the wedding would happen in England. The article I posted above says the ceremony is to take place next Summer and that Maria Anna is going to take a Brussel's lace veil and a family diadem.
Someone reported it would take place on June 2 but that is the wedding of the Archduke Karl Christian of Austria to Miss St. Romain so I doubt it is the same date.

Also is Tegernsee a castle or a city?

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Old 04-15-2007, 10:08 AM
Heir Apparent

Where were placed her sisters weddings?

About Bayern tiaras Bayern
Old 04-15-2007, 10:49 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnik
Where were placed her sisters weddings?

About Bayern tiaras Bayern
Marie Caroline and Elisabeth married at Tegernsee and Sophie married in Vaduz.

She will probably wear the same floral tiara which was worn by all her sisters on her Wedding Day. Probably a few days before the wedding a Gala will be held at Nymphenburg Castle by Duke Franz. This was done for all her sisters and all the guests have been wearing white tie and tiaras.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 04-15-2007, 11:12 AM
Serene Highness

I saw a picture of Count and Countess von Babenhausen on the Bayern jewelry site posted. What is the connection there?

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Old 04-15-2007, 11:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurberryBrit
I saw a picture of Count and Countess von Babenhausen on the Bayern jewelry site posted. What is the connection there?
I think that this photo was taken one Elisabeth's pre-wedding party.
Relationship
Old 04-15-2007, 11:25 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I think that this photo was taken one Elisabeth's pre-wedding party.
Relationship
Thanks. It looks like they are cousins.

Old 04-15-2007, 02:28 PM
Heir Apparent

As they say royalty and nobles are related more or less.
Old 04-15-2007, 04:55 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan
If you want to travel to the wedding it will probably take on Tegernsee where also her sisters Marie Caroline and Elizabeh married. As for Munich there is many to see for example Nymphenburg Castle or the Residenz in the City and many more. There are many beautiful castles in the Area of Lake Constanze for example Salem where the Baden Family lives a part of it can be visited.
Thanks Stefan. I think we'll be late for the wedding but the area looks beautiful.

When I lived in Germany, I lived in Koeln which was an old and beautiful city but I always enjoyed visiting my friends in München.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 05-07-2007, 04:46 PM
Courtier

Correct me if I am wrong but the Hereditary Princess of Liechatenstein Sophie is a member of this royal house before marrying Hereditary Prince Alois of Liechatenstein?

I'm head of a dynastic house no matter what others say.
Princess Kamorrissa,Countess of Welle
Old 05-07-2007, 04:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Star
Correct me if I am wrong but the Hereditary Princess of Liechatenstein Sophie is a member of this royal house before marrying Hereditary Prince Alois of Liechatenstein?
Part I. The members of this family bear the title Prince[ss] of Bavaria, Royal Highness.
bavaria

Portal des Fürstentums Liechtenstein - - Fürstenhaus - Erbprinzessin Sophie (on German)

She was styled HRH Princess Sophie of Bavaria; in 1973, her father inherited the family name and style Duke in Bavaria from a distant cousin who had adopted him as heir in 1965. Sophie was then styled HRH Duchess Sophie in Bavaria, Princess of Bavaria; on her marriage in 1993 she became HRH The Hereditary Princess of Liechtenstein.

House of Wittelsbach - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 05-08-2007, 07:55 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurberryBrit
Someone reported it would take place on June 2 but that is the wedding of the Archduke Karl Christian of Austria to Miss St. Romain so I doubt it is the same date.

Also is Tegernsee a castle or a city?
Tegernsee is a picturesque and very fashionable lake at the Alps in the southeast of Bavaria, one hour by car if traffic allows it from Munich. A small town is named after the lake and there is the former abbey of Tegernsee which was converted to a palace, renamed Schloß Tegernsee and used as a summer residence by the Royal family back in the 1800s. In the church of this palace the princesses wed. There is a crypt as well where a lot of the Wittelsbachs are buried.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 05-08-2007, 08:00 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Part I. The members of this family bear the title Prince[ss] of Bavaria, Royal Highness.
bavaria

Portal des Fürstentums Liechtenstein - - Fürstenhaus - Erbprinzessin Sophie (on German)

She was styled HRH Princess Sophie of Bavaria; in 1973, her father inherited the family name and style Duke in Bavaria from a distant cousin who had adopted him as heir in 1965. Sophie was then styled HRH Duchess Sophie in Bavaria, Princess of Bavaria; on her marriage in 1993 she became HRH The Hereditary Princess of Liechtenstein.

House of Wittelsbach - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
One should know that princess of Bavaria in fact is the higher title as this means she is from the main line of the family, the line which inherited the Bavarian throne in the 1800s when the older line of Bavaria died out and the crown passed to the reigning Wittelsbach branch of the Palatinate. At that time the new Prince Elector and Duke (later King) brought the members of another minor branch from the Palatinate with him to Munich and when Napoleon created him king, he named the members of that branch Dukes/Duchesses "in" Bavaria to make a difference between the Royal line "of" ("von") Bavaria and the dukes "in" Bavaria. None-the-less, the "in Bavarians" are as noble as the others....
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 05-20-2007, 01:59 AM
Heir Presumptive

I was watching a show yesterday called "Europe from Above" and they were talking about Neuschwanstein Castle owned by King Ludwig of Bavaria. I thought the story behind it was very interesting. Has anyone been there?

http://galeria.organic.hu/2002_08/mi...chwanstein.jpg
Old 05-20-2007, 08:00 PM
Heir Apparent

I've been to Neuschwanstein twice. It's a beautiful castile, a bit over the top, but in the setting it's fantastic.

I've also been to his other castle, Linderhof. After being there I often thought Liberace was his long lost cousin. At the castle, there's an underground grotto called, the Venus Grotto, slightly cheesy, but fantastic nonetheless.

Australian, if you ever get a chance to visit Bavaria, I highly recommend that you make a trip to see both Linderhof and Neuschwanstein castle. Furthermore, Germany is really a beautiful country. Everytime I've been there the people have been very kind and warm. I would love to live there, but only in the spring and early summer.

Old 05-20-2007, 09:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks GlitteringTiaras, im going to do some research on Linderhof, now that you bought it to my attention. I would definitley love to go one day!
Thanks!
Old 05-20-2007, 09:41 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Down the street. It's the third house on the right, United States
I've been to Neuschwanstein once. Its really neat & I really enjoyed the surrounding areas- the mountains & the views. I'd love to go back. I've never heard of his other castle...where is it located?

Live, Highlander. Grow stronger. Fight another day. Highlander: The Series

Old 05-21-2007, 08:41 AM
Administrator

Some pics of Ludwig's creations:

Neuschwanstein
Neuschwanstein
Neuschwanstein big pic
Neuschwanstein dreamy pic
Ludwig's garish bedroom at Neuschwanstein
Neuschwanstein grotto
Linderhoff
Ludwig's gaudy bedroom at Linderhoff