The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-28-2018, 09:19 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
That is not the way how it works. It is the same as saying: ow... Prince Charles is already 70, we better make his son Prince William the new King after Elizabeth II. The succession simply follows the established path. And it will go to Prince Luitpold after Duke Max, alike it will go to Prince William after Prince Charles.
I'm very well aware about how such succession works. But I read somewhere before that Duke Max, by a House-internal decree, bill, document or whatever, renounced his rights for succession in favor of their cousin Prince Luitpold.
Unfortunately I have no idea where I read it, so I also can't check it anymore and therefor I was hoping someone in here could help me with that.

Old 11-28-2018, 09:32 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralf View Post
I'm very well aware about how such succession works. But I read somewhere before that Duke Max, by a House-internal decree, bill, document or whatever, renounced his rights for succession in favor of their cousin Prince Luitpold.
Unfortunately I have no idea where I read it, so I also can't check it anymore and therefor I was hoping someone in here could help me with that.

Perhaps Duke Max has rennounced his rights, perhaps he has not. But even if he has it is not public known. We will have to wait and see what happens after the death of Duke Franz.
Waht i have heard from people who know such things is that Duke Franz has taken Prince Luitpold's son Prince Ludwig under his wings and helped him to prepare for his future role as Head of the House.

Old 11-28-2018, 09:44 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Waht i have heard from people who know such things is that Duke Franz has taken Prince Luitpold's son Prince Ludwig under his wings and helped him to prepare for his future role as Head of the House.
Also dann bedeutet es dass der Freund von mir doch Recht hat wenn er behauptet dass Prinz Ludwig der Nachfolger wird...
Aber gut, ich nehme an dies ist noch nicht offiziel angekündigt oder gesetzlich festgelegt?

translation: so, then it means that my friend was correct when he claimed that Prince Ludwig will be the successor. But good, I assume that this is not yet officially announced or determined by law?
Old 11-28-2018, 10:21 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Also dann bedeutet es dass der Freund von mir doch Recht hat wenn er behauptet dass Prinz Ludwig der Nachfolger wird...
Aber gut, ich nehme an dies ist noch nicht offiziel angekündigt oder gesetzlich festgelegt?
At some point Prince Ludwig will of course be the Head of the Royal House. A the latest when Duke Franz, Duke Max and his father have paseed away.

Old 11-28-2018, 01:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Perhaps Duke Max has rennounced his rights, perhaps he has not. But even if he has it is not public known. We will have to wait and see what happens after the death of Duke Franz.

Prince Ludwig told that in an interview with the Sueddeutsche Zeitung. He today works for 10 months a year in Africa as an unpayed development helper - he has founded an IT company in Kenia which helps Áfrican start-ups with organization, internet appearances, and all sorts of business needs for IT. His life there is supported by his family's money and in return for his apanage he does representational engagements for two months.

The article is from 2015 but when this year Duke Franz celebrated his 85th birthday, he got a portrait of himself from and painted by the Princess Gloria of Thurn & Taxis, which he deemed suitable to be auctioned off for charity (make of that whatever you want, Stefan) and the money raised went to Prince Ludwig's projects in Kenia.

https://www.sueddeutsche.de/bayern/l...erde-1.2684865

His younger brothers Heinrich and Karl are already working in managing their father's companies and estates, so Ludwig can one day concentrate on his duties as Head of the family and House of Wittelsbach.
Old 11-30-2018, 11:54 AM
Administrator

Felipa, Princess of Bavaria, und Christian Dienst attended the opening of the Dallmayr Foodhouse in Munich on November 27:

** Pic **
Old 12-04-2018, 02:45 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Just a guess, but could it be that the agreement is about the inheritance of Duke Franz's estate, so that it passes directly to Luitpold or Ludwig, rather than the headship of the royal family?
Old 12-12-2018, 04:25 AM
Administrator

Ursula, Princess of Bavaria, was invited to the Chanel Christmas Dinner in Munich yesterday, December 11:

** gettyimages gallery **
Old 12-13-2018, 10:19 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
The article is from 2015 but when this year Duke Franz celebrated his 85th birthday, he got a portrait of himself from and painted by the Princess Gloria of Thurn & Taxis, which he deemed suitable to be auctioned off for charity (make of that whatever you want, Stefan) and the money raised went to Prince Ludwig's projects in Kenia.

https://www.sueddeutsche.de/bayern/l...erde-1.2684865
In dem Artikel steht ja deutlich erwähnt wie die Nachfolge läuft: zuerst Franz' Bruder Max, danach Luitpold und dann erst dessen Sohn Ludwig. Ich denke dies ist dann auch der richtige Folge.

translation: the article clearly states how the succession will go: first Franz' brother Max, afterwards Luitpold and only then his son Ludwig. I think that this is the correct sequence.
Old 12-16-2018, 10:22 AM
Administrator

Leopold, Prince of Bavaria, participated in the charity action "Sternstunden Tag" of the Bavarian radio broadcasting in Munich on December 14:

** Pic **
Old 12-21-2018, 04:04 AM
Administrator

Leopold, Prince of Bavaria, and Ursula, Princess of Bavaria, attended the 23rd BMW Advent charity concert in Munich yesterday, December 20:

** gettyimages gallery **
Old 02-09-2019, 01:38 AM
Administrator

Christian Dienst, husband of Felipa, Princess of Bavaria, was seen during the BUNTE & BMW Festival Night as part of the 69th Berlinale Filmfestival in Berlin on February 8:

** Pic **
Old 04-05-2019, 04:55 AM
Administrator

Leopold, Prince of Bavaria, and Ursula, Princess of Bavaria, attended the world premiere of Circus Krone Mandana in Munich yesterday, April 4:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **
Old 05-09-2019, 02:33 PM
Administrator

Max, Duke of Bavaria and Elisabeth, Duchess of Bavaria, attended the dinner held for the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall in Munich this evening:

** Pic **

More about the Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall's visit to Germany can be found here.
Old 05-28-2019, 04:09 AM
Administrator

Anna, Princess of Bavaria, and Manuel, Prince of Bavaria are expecting their fourth child. The couple already has two sons and a daughter:

** bunte: Anna von Bayern Zum vierten Mal schwanger! **
Old 05-28-2019, 07:11 AM
Majesty

Wow! I thought they are done (Anna is 41, the youngest child - four and a half, older ones - in school age).
But surprises do happen.
Congratulations to the couple!
Old 06-04-2019, 02:53 PM
Administrator

Franz, Duke of Bavaria, attended the opening of the Museum of Bavarian History in Regensburg today, June 4:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **
Old 06-28-2019, 02:24 AM
Administrator

Franz, Duke of Bavaria, and Ursula, Princess of Bavaria, attended the opening of the "Munich Opera Festival 2019" in Munich yesterday, June 27:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **
Old 07-03-2019, 06:03 AM
Administrator

Auguste, Princess of Bavaria, participated in the event "Women in Motion: Sustainability and Women Today" in Munich yesterday, July 2:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 1 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **
Old 07-03-2019, 07:27 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Auguste, Princess of Bavaria, participated in the event "Women in Motion: Sustainability and Women Today" in Munich yesterday, July 2:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 1 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Oh... those pearls... magnificent

Tags
bavaria, bavaria;house;chef;luitpold;ludwig, england, germany, hohenzollern, jacobite, ritter von kahr