The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-29-2006, 03:44 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessalice
can someone tell me, was she a Princess of Luxembourg before her marriage? i think she was, but have kind of hit a snag in trying to figure out this on the Internet.

Yes, she was born Princess Antonia [Antoinette] of Luxembourg...see here.

Old 10-29-2006, 10:10 PM

thank you!

thank you, my friend! i thought so, just wasn't sure...i appreciate your kind help.

Old 03-30-2007, 04:23 PM
Courtier

Maria Anna Bavaria engaged!

It was announced today on another Royal board that Princess Maria Anna in Bavaria is engaged to marry some guy named Dr. Klaus Runow. No source mentioned. Does anybody know more? Photos f.i.
Old 03-30-2007, 04:37 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple_platinum
Prince Luitpold von Bayern, taken up on Tuesday 07,03,2006 in his restaurant king Ludwig at the fair in the Riem arcades in Munich. The painting in the background shows a motive for picture from lock high swan gau with a scene from a daring opera.

Photo: Peter Kneffel / DPA
Wow! That is really his restaurant? Are you sure? I walked along this restaurant almost every day!
Old 03-31-2007, 07:38 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefanie
It was announced today on another Royal board that Princess Maria Anna in Bavaria is engaged to marry some guy named Dr. Klaus Runow. No source mentioned. Does anybody know more? Photos f.i.

Their Royal Highnesses The Prince and Princess Max have announced the engagement
of their youngest daughter Maria Anna to Dr. Klaus Runow.

http://www.seegerpress-online.de/top...R_00178376.jpg
Old 03-31-2007, 07:48 AM
Courtier

Looks as if Dr. Runow is quite a bit older than Maria Anna (born 1975).....
Old 03-31-2007, 08:06 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan
Here he is last year at the wedding of Prince Manuel and Princess Anna zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg together with his mother Beatrix and oldest sister Alice.

http://www.seegerpress-online.de/see...ochzeit+bayern
I know that it was a smaller gathering and it was raining, but with the tiaras, gowns, orders, and tuxes - couldn't the guy polish his shoes?
Old 03-31-2007, 04:36 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmabruin
Their Royal Highnesses The Prince and Princess Max have announced the engagement
of their youngest daughter Maria Anna to Dr. Klaus Runow.

http://www.seegerpress-online.de/top...R_00178376.jpg

Thanks for posting. Cute Couple. Is there more information about this engagement? Really interested.

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-02-2007, 06:36 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Darn, I thought that Duchess Elisabeth had sufficiently trained her girls to get a HSH at least But seriously, congrats to the couple. Does anybody know more about the groom-to-be?
Old 04-02-2007, 02:13 PM
Courtier

The groom-to-be

He´s 38 years old and works as an investment banker in London.
Old 04-02-2007, 07:46 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo
Darn, I thought that Duchess Elisabeth had sufficiently trained her girls to get a HSH at least But seriously, congrats to the couple. Does anybody know more about the groom-to-be?

I'll take a Handsome Doctor/Investment Banker over a HSH anytime

They make a cute couple. Looking forward to wedding pics.
Old 04-02-2007, 11:17 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilytornado
Wow! That is really his restaurant? Are you sure? I walked along this restaurant almost every day!
So have you tried the food there? Is it any good?

OK here's a dumb question.

Is this the Wittelbach family? What is the family name of the Bavarian Royal Family?
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 04-03-2007, 01:22 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
OK here's a dumb question.

Is this the Wittelbach family? What is the family name of the Bavarian Royal Family?
Yes, they are the Wittelsbachs.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 04-04-2007, 10:22 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kate14
Is there more information about this engagement? Really interested.
Me too!
I read the wedding is to happen this summer:

Neue Kolumne: Deutschlands schönste Prinzessin heiratet - Bild.T-Online.de

Really looking forward.
Old 04-04-2007, 10:25 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
So have you tried the food there? Is it any good?
No, I have to admit that I was always in a rush. But it looked very cosy from the outside (as much as it can be right next to a big mall).
But I can test it for you in summer and than report.
Old 04-04-2007, 11:12 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilytornado
No, I have to admit that I was always in a rush. But it looked very cosy from the outside (as much as it can be right next to a big mall).
But I can test it for you in summer and than report.
The restaurant is one of a series which was started with the prince's restaurants at his castle at Kaltenberg. The other's are named "König von Bayern". It's nice, typical Bavarian food, nothing spectacular but well presented, not overly expensive and served with the very good beer from the prince's brewery Kaltenberg. As Kaltenberg Castle is only about 10 kms from here, we like to go there in summer because it's a fun place to be. I especially like his dark brown Ale "König Ludwig Dunkel". In addition the prince organizes a historical (medieval) festival with tournament and markets there every summer - very good entertainment.

Here's a link to the homepage (English version): König Ludwig Schloßbrauerei Kaltenberg
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 04-04-2007, 11:18 PM
Royal Highness

Cool

To me, Maria Anna is the prettiest German Princess with her sister Sophie next. Maria Anna and Dr. Runow make a very handsome couple.
Old 04-05-2007, 04:50 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I think their sister Marie is rather pretty to, but a bit to skinny. IMHO the Bavarian Princesses look lovely but the younger ones were unfortunate enough to inherit their mothers teeth. My own favourite is Dss Helene, she seems terribly sweet and cheerfull (daddy's girl perhaps?)
Old 04-11-2007, 02:50 PM
Serene Highness

They are a nice looking couple. I wonder when and where the wedding will take place? It seems they live in London?

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Old 04-14-2007, 05:31 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurberryBrit
I wonder when and where the wedding will take place? It seems they live in London?
The groom works in the London's Citibank, but I doubt the wedding would happen in England. The article I posted above says the ceremony is to take place next Summer and that Maria Anna is going to take a Brussel's lace veil and a family diadem.

Tags
bavaria, ritter von kahr