Old 05-24-2012, 11:32 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Yes, it means what you think it means.

Awesome! :-)

Old 05-27-2012, 07:04 PM
Administrator

refer posts #293 and #294 two pages back.

Old 07-04-2012, 08:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

Today I had a nice surprise in my mailbox: A handwritten thank-you-card with a very very nice picture of the newly wedded couple Felipa and Christian.
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:12 AM
Administrator

Duke Max and Duchess Elizabeth attended a summer reception of the Bavarian State Parliament
at Schleissheim Palace near Munich, Germany, 17 July 2012.

** Pic **
(yes it's Gloria & Albert looking happy; to see an even happier Max & Elizabeth, click to pic #4)
Old 09-25-2012, 02:35 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Leopold (Poldi), Prince von Bayern and his wife Ursula, Princess von Bayern attended the 'BMW Wiesn' as part of the Oktoberfest beer festival at the crossbowman beer tent on September 24, 2012 in Munich, Germany.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **
Old 09-26-2012, 08:25 AM

Who were Count Berlioz and Duke Pfeitmeister?

Hi everyone. I posted my question on another thread but it doesn't appear it gets much traffic so I thought I would ask it here as well.

I am an author and am conducting extensive research on King Ludwig II and have stumbled upon some letters and diary entries belonging to King Ludwig II. Mentioned in two letters/notes dated November 2 and November 10 1871 are the names "Count Berlioz" and "Duke Pfeitmeister". I have not seen these names attached to anything else in research on Ludwig II. Does anyone have any idea who these people are? It appears, from one of the letters, Count Berlioz was staying in Linderhof at the time of Ludwig's stay in Munich with Frau Vogl. He states in the letter that the castle has fallen into Herr Holstein's hands. Holstein's name is quite familiar to me as is another mentioned in the letter: Herr Hornig, but Berlioz and Pfeitmeister elude me. Any light shed on these two names would be fantastic. Thank you.
Old 09-30-2012, 03:10 AM
Super Moderator

Leopold, Prince von Bayern and Ursula, Princess von Bayern attended the Oktoberfest beer festival at the Kaefer tent in Munich on September 28, 2012. A few days earlier at the same festival Leopold preferred water instead of beer

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **
Old 10-29-2012, 07:03 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Count Michael von Kageneck died on 11 October 2012, aged 70.

He was born at Detmold on 4 December 1941, the second of the three sons of Count Franz Josef von Kageneck and of his wife, née Princess Elisabeth Maria of Bavaria (daughter of Prince Alfons of Bavaria and of his wife, née Princess Louise of Orléans). His father was killed in action later that month, on 29 November 1941.

He was married firstly from 1964 to 1970 to Christina Maria Bengels, secondly from 1972 to 1976 to Beate Apeldorn, and thirdly since 1977 to Lieselotte Buchenthal. By his three wives he became father of six children.

He is survived by his wife, his children, his brother Hubertus (the former husband of Archduchess Michaela of Austria) and his four half-sisters (from his mother's second marriage).

Royal News of 2012, Section I
Old 11-01-2012, 09:58 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Actually there are lots of tiaras in the posession of the Wittelsbach's. Don't know if this one is in the posession of Prince Leopold or some sort of permanent loan to this line of the Family. Apparently it was once in the poession of the last bavarian Queen Maria Theresia. But Prince Leopold is no descendnat of her.
Quote:
What i thought about the Jewels is that they perhaps don't belong to the different Family members but to the Wittelsbacher Ausgleichfonds and are lonas to the different Family members.
The tiara that Ursula, Anna and Felipa have worn may also have been inherited in this way: Queen Maria Theresia --> her daughter Adelgunde, princess of Hohenzollern --> her step-granddaughter (and maybe goddaughter) Marie Adelgunde, mother of prince Leopold of Bavaria.

What other tiaras the Wittelsbachs own? I know the Lover Knots tiara and the huge ruby and diamond tiara that are on display at the Residenz in Munich and the floral tiara that Sophie wore the day of her wedding to Aloys of Liechstenstein.

Is there a site with information in English about the properties of the Wittelsbacher Ausgleichfonds?

Quote:
At last the Lovers Knot tiara which is often worn by the Fürstin of Waldburg-Zeil is no private property as it's one display at the Treasor of the Residenz in Munich.
Are the jewels on display in the Residenz at the disposal of the family? Isn't the tiara worn by the Furstin of Waldburg-Zeil a replica of the one in the museum?
Old 11-08-2012, 04:26 PM
Super Moderator

Leopold, Prince von Bayern attended the 'Goldenes Lenkrad' (golden wheel) Award 2012 at the Axel-Springer Haus in Berlin on November 7, 2012.

** Pic **
Old 11-18-2012, 09:23 AM
Super Moderator

Yesterday it was announced that Duke Franz has lymphatic cancer. He will undergo chemotherapie fior he next months
Sorge um Herzog Franz von Bayern :: Homepage - Nachrichten - Oberpfalz & Bayern :: Mittelbayerische Zeitung :: www.mittelbayerische.de

unedited Google translation

The head of the former ruling family of Bavaria (the Wittelsbach dynasty) has cancer.
The 79-year-old has canceled all public appointments.

The head of the House of Wittelsbach, Duke Franz of Bavaria, is diagnosed with cancer. In the 79-year-old was diagnosed with lymphatic cancer, such as the management of the former Bavarian ruling family reported on Saturday in Munich. He will undergo several months of chemo therapy, the prognosis stood well. The childless bachelor, lives retired in Munich in a wing of Nymphenburg Palace, in which he is born. He is considered the patron of the arts and is patron of several museums in the Bavarian capital. Even last week, had the 79-year-old public appointments can cancel - he was sick, it was there without giving details.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 11-18-2012, 01:07 PM
Serene Highness

When he passes on, I guess that means that Duke Max will inherit the title. Duke Max is married to Elizabeth Douglass of Sweden. The Douglass family from Scotland maintained a presence, and court employment, in Sweden for some generations. Duke Max's daughter is Sophie of Leichtenstein, and her son Joseph is thought to be a pretender to the Jacobite throne of England, although Sophie and family do not claim that or pretend to that. The Douglass marriage enforces the Scots and Jacobite heritage, to the best of my knowledge. Princess Alice of Gloucester also had the Douglass heritage.
Old 11-18-2012, 02:55 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

What sad news! I hope that the duke will recover from this!
Old 11-18-2012, 03:10 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

I wish him recovery but considering the Duke's age, the seriousness of lymphatic cancer and the stress that can be induced by chemotherapy, the cancer will most probably have lasting and unfortunate consequences for his health even if chemotherapy is successful against it.
Old 11-18-2012, 03:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Hopefully his partner will be with him while he under goes treatment.
Old 12-14-2012, 06:31 AM
Super Moderator

Leopold, Prince von Bayern, Ursula, Princess von Bayern and Filipa, Princess von Bayern attended "Ludwig II" - the Germany premiere at the Mathaeser Filmpalast in Munich, Germany, on December 13, 2012.

** Pic **
Old 12-14-2012, 06:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Felipa's belly is already visible!
Old 12-14-2012, 05:42 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Who is the man portrayed with them in the picture?
Old 12-14-2012, 05:53 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAfan View Post
Who is the man portrayed with them in the picture?
Prince Ludwig, the son of Prince Luitpold.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 12-14-2012, 06:02 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Thank you Stefan. I didn't recognize the Prince without eyeglasses and beard.

Tags
bavaria, ritter von kahr