The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-12-2012, 02:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

A lot of guests are unknown to me and to PPE agency !
I am not a fan of flower hats.

Old 05-12-2012, 02:57 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarn67 View Post
Fritz Wepper with wife Angela Prinzessin von Hohenzollern

http://i50.tinypic.com/rle006.jpg
Her maiden name was von Morgen, her mother being a born Countess of Görtz. She was the first wife of Prince Ferfried of Hohenzollern but they got divorced many years ago, so she's either Angela von Morgen or Angela Wepper.

Old 05-12-2012, 03:14 PM
Royal Highness

I read that the Swedish Royal couple sent their apologies. They couldn't attend due to the King's uncle's death.

The bride looked nice, imo. It's not easy to make that strange tiara work. But what what can you do, if there's only one tiara in your family? Does anbody here know more about the history of the tiara?

I wonder if will get to see some pics of tonight's gala. Maybe some guest arriving?
Old 05-12-2012, 05:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucien View Post
... [snipped] PPE Agency
courtesy PPE
Thanks for the photos!
I am surprised to see the von Thurn und Taxis sisters in relatively normal ensembles. Princess Nadja's von Schaumburg -Lippe outfit is fine. Her headpiece, on the other hand, appears somewhat awkward.
Old 05-13-2012, 03:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

500 Gäste: Bayerns Prinzessin Felipa heiratet Filmproduzenten - Nachrichten Panorama - Weltgeschehen - WELT ONLINE
Old 05-13-2012, 07:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Another gallery:

Noblesse & Royautés » Mariage de la princesse Felipa de Bavière et de Christian Dienst

Is Princess Marie Caroline pregnant?
Princess Elisabeth of Bavaria has very red nose! Their mother looks as if she has taken a bit botox.
Who are the boys? I suppose one of them is Prince Leopold (nephew of the bride) but others? From Christian's family?
Old 05-13-2012, 07:13 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post

The bride looked nice, imo. It's not easy to make that strange tiara work. But what what can you do, if there's only one tiara in your family? Does anbody here know more about the history of the tiara?
Actually there are lots of tiaras in the posession of the Wittelsbach's. Don't know if this one is in the posession of Prince Leopold or some sort of permanent loan to this line of the Family. Apparently it was once in the poession of the last bavarian Queen Maria Theresia. But Prince Leopold is no descendnat of her.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 05-14-2012, 04:03 PM
Royal Highness

Thank you Stefan.
Duke Max and Prince Leopold are something like 4th cousins, or so. So I think it very unlikely that he would get a tiara as permanent loan from the main branch of the family.
Duke Max really has a good choice of tiaras for his wife, who also has a tiara from her own family. And then his sisters also have at least one tiara.
I wonder if all the family jewels had a chance to come into the limelight at the wedding reception. They kept it very private, afaik so far no pics from the reception have leaked.
Old 05-14-2012, 05:18 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Did the sisters of Duke Franz also attend the wedding? I didn't see pictures of teh princes of Quadt and the princess of Waldburg-Zeil. And any other Bavarian princes there, like prince Luitpold & his wife Beatrix? Or somebody representing the branch of prince Rasso?
Old 05-14-2012, 05:46 PM
Royal Highness

I didn't see any pictures either. But only a few of the hundreds of invitees were pictured by the press. And of course those photographers and publishers focused on famous actors or ex-ministers of defense...
Did you see the pic of Alexander zu Schaumburg-Lippe with his camera? My, I would like to have a peek into HIS photos!
Old 05-14-2012, 06:13 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Actually there are lots of tiaras in the posession of the Wittelsbach's. Don't know if this one is in the posession of Prince Leopold or some sort of permanent loan to this line of the Family. Apparently it was once in the poession of the last bavarian Queen Maria Theresia. But Prince Leopold is no descendnat of her.
Prince Leopold's mother Helene was not only married to his father, but to his cousin prince Eugen of Bavaria as well, after she was widowed. Eugen was one of the male-line descendants of Archduchess Gisela of Austria, daughter of Emperor Franz Joseph I and Empress Elisabeth, who inherited quite something out of the emperor's private estate when he died in 1916. So there could well be a bit of the Habsburg-jewels in the possession of Princess Filipa's grandmother, thus be available for a loan.
Old 05-15-2012, 02:56 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
Prince Leopold's mother Helene was not only married to his father, but to his cousin prince Eugen of Bavaria as well, after she was widowed. Eugen was one of the male-line descendants of Archduchess Gisela of Austria, daughter of Emperor Franz Joseph I and Empress Elisabeth, who inherited quite something out of the emperor's private estate when he died in 1916. So there could well be a bit of the Habsburg-jewels in the possession of Princess Filipa's grandmother, thus be available for a loan.
Actually Prince Poldi himself is also a descendant of Archduchess Gisela. Her older daughter Elisabeth married a Count Seefried auf Buttenheim and their daughter married Prince Adalbert, Prince Poldi's grandfather.
What i thought about the Jewels is that they perhaps don't belong to the different Family members but to the Wittelsbacher Ausgleichfonds and are lonas to the different Family members.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 05-15-2012, 02:57 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
Did the sisters of Duke Franz also attend the wedding? I didn't see pictures of teh princes of Quadt and the princess of Waldburg-Zeil. And any other Bavarian princes there, like prince Luitpold & his wife Beatrix? Or somebody representing the branch of prince Rasso?
The Fürstinnen of Waldburg-Zeil and Quadt did not attend. Prince Luitpold was there as was his son Ludwig the future Head of the Family. But one they same day also a grandson of the late Prince Rasso, one of the Counts Kornis married so most likely this branch of the Family attended this WEdding.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 05-15-2012, 03:25 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
Thank you Stefan.
Duke Max and Prince Leopold are something like 4th cousins, or so. So I think it very unlikely that he would get a tiara as permanent loan from the main branch of the family.
Duke Max really has a good choice of tiaras for his wife, who also has a tiara from her own family. And then his sisters also have at least one tiara.
I wonder if all the family jewels had a chance to come into the limelight at the wedding reception. They kept it very private, afaik so far no pics from the reception have leaked.
Actually i think some of the Jewels worn by Duchess Elizabeth are either in the posession of Duke Franz or the Wittelsbacher Ausgleichfonds. At last the Lovers Knot tiara which is often worn by the Fürstin of Waldburg-Zeil is no private property as it's one display at the Treasor of the Residenz in Munich. Perhaps if we are lucky Bunte will have a few pics of the Evening reception.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 05-15-2012, 09:16 AM
Royal Highness

I will definitely keep an eye on BUNTE.
But at the Prussian wedding last summer they advertised beforehand that there would be exclusive pics. So maybe the Bavarians just wanted to keep their wedding as private as possible and didn't make a deal with BUNTE.
Old 05-16-2012, 07:11 AM
Heir Presumptive

They are also at the cover of the Bunte:

http://i2.bunte.de/img/gen/Q/7/HBQ7Wxf5_242x135.jpg
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 05-16-2012, 07:33 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
They are also at the cover of the Bunte:

http://i2.bunte.de/img/gen/Q/7/HBQ7Wxf5_242x135.jpg
Bunte has 7 pages and also some pics from the evening reception.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 05-24-2012, 10:22 PM

After a long period of research I was finally able to find the burial place of Gustav Ritter Von Kahr. He was a loyal servant of the Royal Family.

Dr. Gustav Ritter von Kahr is buried at; Munchen, Nordfriedhof. Mauer-li-306-Grab 7
Old 05-24-2012, 11:16 PM
Aristocracy

In the above PPE gallery of pics of the wedding, one nicely dressed , handsome middle aged man is labled as "partner von Duke Franz von Bayern".

Does that mean what I think it means? If so...I'd never heard that before. Cool.
Old 05-24-2012, 11:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, it means what you think it means.

Tags
bavaria, ritter von kahr