The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > Royal Families of Germany and Austria

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2003, 09:53 AM
Gentry

Civil Marriage Donna Priscilla Incisa della Rocchetta and Hereditary Prince Heinrich zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Sayn, 7 June 2003.

From Left to Right: Prince Alexander zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Sayn, Donna Giulia Incisa della Rocchetta, Hereditary Prince Heinrich zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Sayn, Donna Priscilla Incisa della Rocchetta, Princess Gabriela zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Sayn (former Countess of Schönborn-Wiesentheid), and Marquess Niccolò Incisa della Rocchetta.

Bride and Groom: Hereditary Prince Heinrich zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Sayn and Donna Priscilla Incisa della Rocchetta.

Princess Gabriela and Princess Marianne zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Sayn, mother and grandmother of the groom.

Princess Sofia zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Sayn, sister of the groom

source - nettyroyal

"A DOMINO FACTUM EST ISTUD ET MIRABILE IN OCULIS NOSTRIS"
Old 10-22-2003, 09:56 AM
Gentry

Prince Peter zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Sayn, youngest brother of the groom

Princess Alexandra zu Oettingen-Oettingen und Oettingen-Wallerstein, eldest sister of the groom, with children Johannes and Helena

Prince Louis zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Sayn, brother of the groom, with one of his cousins

Princess Tatiana von Metternich-Winneburg

source for all pictures - nettyroyal

Old 10-22-2003, 10:01 AM
Gentry

Count Vittorio Mazzetti d'Albertis, widower of Princess Filippa zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Sayn (sister of the groom)

source - nettyroyal

Old 10-22-2003, 10:34 AM
Gentry

Originally posted by Count Von Schonborn_Wiesentheid. But as the pictures are too large and re-sizing distorts the images, please follow the links for the following pictures.

Filippa and Vittorio on the terrace of Sayn Palace
http://www.sayn.de/images/Foto%20Terrasse.jpg

Filippa "photographs" her photography teacher Cosimo Bargellini
http://www.sayn.de/images/FSWFotografa.jpg

On June 10th 2001 Princess Filippa married at Sayn Abbey Count Vittorio Mazzetti d’Albertis, born August 24th 1965, son of Avv. Leopoldo Mazzetti, lawyer for international law, and of the Countess Maria Pia d’Albertis. His family lives in Tuscany and Rome. Count Vittorio, dottore in agricultural management, works for a Florentine winehouse.

Straight after their honeymoon Princess Filippa started work with the renowned Italian photographer Roberto Sisini. Her first foreign assignment took her to Cornwall in south-west England.

On Sunday, September 30th, returning to London a tragic accident occurred near the south-western English city of Bristol, at which the team’s campervan, for unknown reasons, was involved in a collision with council trucks unloading equipment on the hard shoulder of the M5. Both, Princess Filippa and Roberto Sisini, died instantly, whilst the driver and the two other occupants survived.

On October 7th 2001 Princess Filippa was buried in Montegemoli, Province Pisa, Italy.

Old 10-22-2003, 10:37 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by Count Von Schonborn_Wiesentheid@Oct 22nd, 2003 - 8:41 am

Sean,

I am Alexander von Schönborn-Wiesentheid, I just never tell people my real identy because some people tried to take advantage of me in the past. Those are the Royal Houses of Germany, there are others however. The others are the Mecklenburg-Strelitz Royal Family and the Mecklenburg-Schwerin Royal Family.

I know,(I'm a lay expert on the subject) and that's why I said "and Grand Ducal families" (or something along those lines), which the two Mecklenburg's are. Although, one could also argue (if they were pedantic) that these houses too are not royal & that they were only Grand Ducal houses because only the head of the house bore the predicate of Royal Highness (while junior members were Grand Ducal Highness). One can also include Baden, Hesse & by the Rhine as well.

Just because the Conference of 1815 decided that the various mediatized and non-mediatized houses were Ebenbuertigkeit, did not mean that they were all royal. But I assume you know that.

All the best,

Sean. ~
Old 10-22-2003, 10:37 AM
Gentry

Sorry, I did not mean for those last two Photos of Filippa to be so large. Once again, sorry for that. :(

Old 10-22-2003, 10:42 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Mariae Gloria, Princess Thurn und Taxis." Mariea Gloria has been in debt since her husbund died in 1990.

Alexander,

I hate to contradict you, but having followed the family for years, I can tell you that Maria Gloria is not in debt since the death of her husband. There were death duties after her husband died, but those where taken care by the selling off of assets. The family is still_ very_ wealthy.
Old 10-22-2003, 10:42 AM
Gentry

Prince Ludwig zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Sayn (1915-1962) and Princess Marianne zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Sayn , Engagement 1942

Heinrich and Priscilla on the beach of Bolgheri

source - worldroots

Old 10-22-2003, 10:49 AM
Courtier

Quote:
I just never tell people my real identy because some people tried to take advantage of me in the past.
I'm sorry to read that people tried to take advantage of you in the past, Alexander. That really is too bad. Indeed, it makes one wonder what kind of person would try and take advantage of a 12 year old child. ?And for what? Social climbing I presume. It is sad when people are so eager to get ahead socially, that the will take advantage of a junior member (and I mean by age) of a former HRE family. The things that people will do!

Maybe it would help if you didn't use the Schonborn Wissenthied screen name (although I think you should use any name you want)???

Sean.~
Old 10-22-2003, 10:58 AM
Gentry

Sean,

It is O.K. that people tried to do that to me, but now I do not know why a person would do that to a person of my age or to anyone at all. I would make another username (I Had another one), but I have all my settings on this saved already. The people did not only take advantage of me on the internet, but in person as well. Of course, they take advantage for Social Standings. Some people just believe Social Standings are everything, and they are not everything.

Old 10-22-2003, 10:59 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by Sean.~+Oct 22nd, 2003 - 9:42 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Sean.~ @ Oct 22nd, 2003 - 9:42 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Count Von Schonborn_Wiesentheid@Oct 22nd, 2003 - 8:41 am
Mariae Gloria, Princess Thurn und Taxis."&nbsp; Mariea Gloria has been in debt since her husbund died in 1990.

Alexander,

I hate to contradict you, but having followed the family for years, I can tell you that Maria Gloria is not in debt since the death of her husband. There were death duties after her husband died, but those where taken care by the selling off of assets. The family is still_ very_ wealthy. [/b][/quote]
Alexander,

Here is a recent in depth article on the Frustin von Thurn und Taxis. I thought it might be of interest to you (and it&#39;s in German too).

http://www.zdf.de/ZDFde/inhalt/26/0,...067002,00.html
Old 10-22-2003, 11:06 AM
Gentry

Thank You for the website Sean.

Sorry if all these photos are a little large to all who will view them, I will try to fix it.

Old 10-22-2003, 03:35 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Countess Mariae Gloria von Schoenburg-Glauchau is also known as "Mariae Gloria, Princess Thurn und Taxis." Mariea Gloria has been in debt since her husbund died in 1990.
Herr Graf, in a way I have to agree with Sean.~ about her indebtness. I know that upon the death of her husband the German state required a lot of succession taxes to be paid. As I understand it, a lot of things were sold, including some big woodlots and choice seafront properties near Nanaimo on Vancouver Island in British Columbia, Canada.

I have not looked over the "zdf" link yet ... but it occurs to me that she might have - like a lot of other people - lost money on the stock market. And if she used those stocks as a guarantee on other investments, then you might be right that is an amount that she is in the 'red'. But Herr Graf, just know that where money and accounting are concerned, there a lot of ways of fiddling the numbers to ones advantage (or disadvantage?). Perhaps she wants to show a loss, so that its easier for her to get some relief (ie: a grant or subsidy) from the government to keep her big schloss in Regensburg in showable order ??

Quote:
... von Schönborn-Wiesentheid .... the Royal Houses of Germany, there are others however. The others are the Mecklenburg-Strelitz Royal Family and the Mecklenburg-Schwerin Royal Family.
All these Royal Houses fascinate me, Herr Graf.
Tell me, anyone whose name begins with "von", are they "adelig" ?
Like, if your last name was "von Hahn" or "von Quillfeldt", how do they rank in the pecking order ?

And what does 'mediatized?" mean ....
Old 10-22-2003, 04:02 PM
Courtier

[quote]Originally posted by King Christian@Oct 22nd, 2003 - 2:35 pm
Quote:
Count Von Schonborn_Wiesentheid*
Herr Graf, in a way I have to agree with Sean.~ about her indebtness. I know that upon the death of her husband the German state required a lot of succession taxes to be paid. As I understand it, a lot of things were sold, including some big woodlots and choice seafront properties near Nanaimo on Vancouver Island in British Columbia, Canada.

I have not looked over the "zdf" link yet ... but it occurs to me that she might have - like a lot of other people - lost money on the stock market. And if she used those stocks as a guarantee on other investments, then you might be right that is an amount that she is in the &#39;red&#39;. But Herr Graf, just know that where money and accounting are concerned, there a lot of ways of fiddling the numbers to ones advantage (or disadvantage?). Perhaps she wants to show a loss, so that its easier for her to get some relief (ie: a grant or subsidy) from the government to keep her big schloss in Regensburg in showable order ??

Quote:
... von Schönborn-Wiesentheid .... the Royal Houses of Germany, there are others however. The others are the Mecklenburg-Strelitz Royal Family and the Mecklenburg-Schwerin Royal Family.
All these Royal Houses fascinate me, Herr Graf.
Tell me, anyone whose name begins with "von", are they "adelig" ?
Like, if your last name was "von Hahn" or "von Quillfeldt", how do they rank in the pecking order ?

And what does &#39;mediatized?" mean ....
1). Believe me, the family is loaded (as a fellow British Colubmian, you may know that the family used to own all or most of Texeda Island). And yes, they did lose money in investments. Still, the family is very, very, well off.

2). They are not royal houses per. For the most part, they are Ducal, Princely, and Countly houses of the Empire. Although they had they all had the right of equality, meaning marriages among them were considered equal.

3). Von is a sign of nobility (van is Dutch), but there are so many &#39;adoptions&#39; (adults being adopted by titled adults. e.g. Zsa Zsa Gabor&#39;s husband) and name changes these days that one has to be careful.

4) Mediatized is derived form the latin word "media" which means between. For a good article on what mediatized means see " it comes from the number of layers of allegience between a nobelmen and his suzerin (the HRE). If a nobelmen&#39;s territory was put under the allegience of another, more senior nobelmen, then he was no longer "immediate" & to the Emperor. Rather, he was &#39;mediatized&#39;. I&#39;m not sure if I&#39;m being clear. Many former fiefdoms were mediatized after the Napoleonic wars. For a good article see: http://members.aol.com/eurostamm/mediatize.html
Old 10-22-2003, 04:17 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Sean.~&nbsp; Posted: Oct 22nd, 2003 - 4:02 pm

....&nbsp; the family used to own all or most of Texada Island
I didn&#39;t know that. Mine and all ?

But then, if they had the concession to deliver mail in Europe for over 300 years, they must have learned a few secrets (and on their behalf, that they are still capitalizing on) ?
Old 10-22-2003, 06:20 PM
Courtier

My bad. For some reason I had it in my head that she owned a large (if not all of Texada island). However, it was a large piece of land on Salt Spring Island and she sold it to Texada Industries. Duh.
Old 10-23-2003, 06:12 AM
Gentry

Wedding couple Duchess Sophie von Bavaria and Prince Alois von und zu Liechtenstein in 1993

Wedding of Oscar (Nick) von Hanover

source - worldroots

Old 10-23-2003, 10:45 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by Count Von Schonborn_Wiesentheid@Oct 23rd, 2003 - 5:12 am
Wedding of Oscar (Nick) von Hanover
The second picture is actually of Prince Heinrich Julius of Hanover to Thyra von Westernhagen in 1999 (the wedding took place on the same day that Prince Edward of GB married Sophie Rhyes-Jones).

Oscar (b. 1996) is the name of Prince Heinrich&#39;s son via a relationship with Desiree Saska Nick
Old 10-23-2003, 09:52 PM
Royal Highness

What can anybody tell me about the "Wittelsbach&#39;s" ?

I lived in a part of Bavaria, where every village had a Wittelsbacherstrasse, and I remember coming past a crypt once.

Are there any descendants still living ?
Where do they live ?
Old 10-24-2003, 12:22 AM
Courtier

There are many descendants. Most live in Germany, and the Head of the house, Duke Franz, lives in Schloss Nymphenburg in Munich. The family is extremely prominent within Bavaria and the Duke recently celebrated his 70th birthday with great pomp and cereomony. Indeed, he appeared on the balcony wiht the Bavarian Premier, Stoiber. See: http://www.br-online.de/land-und-leute/art...franz/index.xml

The Duke is also the Stuart heir. See http://members.rogers.com/jacobites/

His cousin, Prince Leopold (pictured up thread) recently celebrated his 60th birthday with great pomp too (some of the pictures posted by Alexander are from that event). His party was attended by the King & Queen of Sweden and their children (the two families are close). Duke Franz&#39;s brother, Duke Max in Bavaria (he was adopted by the junior line), is the father-in-law of the Crown Prince of Lichtenstien (you can see the picture of the wedding ball up thread). Another daughter is married to Duke Phillipe of Wurtemburg), while wife&#39;s sister is married to the Duke of Marlborough. There are numerous other cadet members of the family.

To learn more about the properties of the Duke of Bavaria see the Haus Bayern sight at: http://www.haus-bayern.com/

For geeology see: http://www.gen.heinz-wember.de/wittelsbacher/index.html

« - | The Battenbergs »