Princess Nathalie of Berleburg and Family, Current Events Part 1: January 2006 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am a bit confused, so someone help me out..please. Gustav owns the castle they all live in, not his father Richard, so Gustav is considered a German citizen (although his mother Benedikte is a Danish born Princess of the King of Denmark). the oldest daughter is Alexandra (GermanPrincess living in Paris), Nathalie lives with her parents & brother in the castle in Germany but is considered a Danish Princess and rides under the Danish flag---not the German flag.
Nathalie very rarely is included in any events with thee Danish Royal family..........WHY ?? Her parents, brother & his girlfriend Carina Axelsson, and older sister Alexandra are included......??????????????

Are any of these three friends with Joachim (after all the German Castle is really not that far from Scchackenborg--couple of hours driving ??)

I have never seen Nathalie with Marie or Mary ????

Princess Nathalie won first place in a dressage competition. She was in first place with Digby in one of the events, and second place with Rigoletto in another. This competition is important, as it will determine who will represent Denmark at the European championship in England this August.

Prinsesse Nathalie suverænt i front - Politiken.dk

:previous:
Well done, Princess Nathalie. Does mean she represents Denmark at the European Championships?
:flowers:

Well done, Princess Nathalie. Does mean she represents Denmark at the European Championships?
:flowers:

She could but there are alos other riders who might represent, im guessing the trainer or committe will choose in the next few days.

This is really good news. She has been doing really well lately, I do wish to see her at the top of this game. Thanks Sgl for the info.

Ahh thank you dazzling. I wasn't quite sure by the article. :flowers:

You're welcome! It sounded to me like she was in 1st place at this time. I don't know if there are more events coming up, or if this is something that I missed with the translation. I really hope that she rides for Denmark in the championship.

I am a bit confused, so someone help me out..please. Gustav owns the castle they all live in, not his father Richard, so Gustav is considered a German citizen (although his mother Benedikte is a Danish born Princess of the King of Denmark). the oldest daughter is Alexandra (GermanPrincess living in Paris), Nathalie lives with her parents & brother in the castle in Germany but is considered a Danish Princess and rides under the Danish flag---not the German flag.

Gustav is born in Germany (Frankfurt-am-Main). Alexandra and Nathalie were both born in Copenhagen, Denmark.

26-07-2009 Gudme Princess Nathalie zu Berleburg, here with her parents Princess Benedikte and Prins Richard, won the Danish Equestrian Championship at Broholm Castle in Gudme.

Picture Gallery PPE

Pics 26.8.2009

Princess Natalie at the Alltech FEI European Dressage
Championships on her horse Digby, at Windsor Castle,
UK, August 26, 2009.

She was supported by her boyfriend Alexander Johannsmann
(pic 3) and her mother Princess Benedikte (pics 5+6).
What a pity that Queen Elizabeth wasn't around.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

The photos are great, but none of them look very happy. Does anyone know how Princess Nathalie did in this event?

Princess Nathalie's horse became spooked during the World Cup this weekend. The princess was riding for Denmark, and has now had to drop out of the competition.
spn.dk - Prinsessens hest blev bange

Neither the Princess nor her horse were injured. The horse apparently became spooked by a light in the arena.

Princess Nathalie's horse became spooked during the World Cup this weekend. The princess was riding for Denmark, and has now had to drop out of the competition.
spn.dk - Prinsessens hest blev bange

Neither the Princess nor her horse were injured. The horse apparently became spooked by a light in the arena.

This is quite dissapointing news. P.Nathalie has been doing so well lately its a shame this had happened but things like this do happen no matter what level you are.
Better luck next time.

Princess Nathalie showed up for the first time in public with her boyfriend of 2 years to an event which was held by her mother.
The press asked if they were engaged and she said no, not yet.
translated article

I didn't know that she had a boyfriend. They look very happy in the photo. The article just says that he is German; it doesn't seem to mention what he does. Does anyone know? Is he also involved in the equestrian world?

I didn't know that she had a boyfriend. They look very happy in the photo. The article just says that he is German; it doesn't seem to mention what he does. Does anyone know? Is he also involved in the equestrian world?

He's connected to the equestrian world through his family! The family has
produced several riders, including Alexander's father and they are involved
in transporting horses. He himself works for an uncle's equestrian transport
business. So they obviously have a lot of shared interests :).

:previous: Thanks, Iceflower! I would imagine that whomever Nathalie marries must have a love of horses. Did they meet through an event?

Princess Nathalie showed up for the first time in public with her boyfriend of 2 years to an event which was held by her mother.
The press asked if they were engaged and she said no, not yet.
translated article
Look like a younger version of her dad.

Not sure where they met, but I have come across a picture (on another forum) where he was attending last year an event which Nathalie was participating in. He was pictured sitting on the side line watching her.
It was at a dressage event in summer 2008.

Nathalie spends a lot of time in Denmark, does she reside in her parents aspartment at the castle, or does she have her own apartment in Denmark ?
Although she spends a great deal of time in Denmark she never seems to be included in the Danish Royal Family events (although her parents, brothers and girlfriend, as well as her sister are included) !!!

Hmmm - a post vanished. At any rate, there is a new thread that talks of this, but of course the best newest current event for the princess is her engagement. Good times!

Despite her pregnancy (5th month) Princess Nathalie has competed
at the Dressage World Cup in the Netherlands and made the 6th place
last week. She rode on her horse Digby and according to experts
it was a nice and solid ride of good technical difficulty. The following
article also says that it's been the last competition before the birth
in July, but that Princess Nathalie plans to already take part in the
World Championships in Kentucky in the USA in September as this
was one of her biggest dreams. Impressing! :)

** Gravid Nathalie deltog i World Cup-finalen **

Wow, she's unstoppable.
I like that she carries on what she loves while pregnant.
She could use her training for the championships as a weight loss program. :)

Good for her! I didn't realize pregnant women could ride this far into their pregnancies (I've never been pregnant, so I'm pretty clueless). I have read that Digby is her favorite horse, and I'm pleased to see that she will still visit Kentucky in the fall. I wonder if she'll bring the baby with her (read: I hope to see photos of Nathalie and the baby in Kentucky).

Is it safe to ride when you're pregnant? I really don't know anything about horses...or pregancy for that matter.

I woule love to see the baby, too, sgl, but I doubt she'll bring it because I think you would be suicidal if you tried to travel all the way from Germany to Kentucky with a 2-month-old. ;)

Is it safe to ride when you're pregnant? I really don't know anything about horses...or pregancy for that matter.

I woule love to see the baby, too, sgl, but I doubt she'll bring it because I think you would be suicidal if you tried to travel all the way from Germany to Kentucky with a 2-month-old. ;)

It's only recommended when the lady is between 1-3 months pregnant. As horse riding is a jerky, bouncy activity, it can put a lot of strain on the ligaments that support the womb.

You could get serious injuries and problems if you continue with vigorous activities after her 4 month.

I suppose that because she's been doing this for a while, it has less risks but it's her first pregnancy, she should be taking extra care. :ermm:

Princess Nathalie & Alexander is pregnant with a boy who is due next month (last week of July) according to BB

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom