Princess Nathalie Gives Birth to a Son, Konstantin: July 24, 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You mean she looked different and not as good as she normally does,
but well, you have to think of the fact that a birth is a very extreme,
painful and debilitating process. You can see it in many women in their
first days and weeks after a birth, besides that it's also not the best
shot from the photographic aspect ;)

I'm 29 years old.I have two children. three years and three months...
I had my children by caesarean...
I know what it this...:flowers:

I think Nathalie looked absolutely okay. She doesn't seem to wear make up and the quality of the picture is a bit odd.

Congratulations to the happy couple! :flowers:

K'mon, she just had a baby.
Wasn't doing a beaty treatment.
Congratulations once again.

The picture actually looks like its a mobile camera or some low mega pixel camera IMO.
Glad there was a picture of the couple with the baby. Cant wait to see official pictures of there will be any.

Lilibeth77, I think it's been a natural birth.

Billed-Bladet has the first official pics and an interview with the new
parents. A very tiny pic can be seen on the cover of this week's
issue.

** BB cover **

The picture on the front cover, any chance we could see a bigger version?

The picture on the front cover, any chance we could see a bigger version?

The cover picture comes that size. We will have to wait for the site to publish the pictures I think when the magazine comes out.

Summary of interview in Billed Bladet #31, 2010.
Interviewer: Anna Johannesen.
Her er vores Konstantin - Here is our Konstantin.

The interview took place at Berleburg a week after Nathalie gave birth. Konstantin slept soundly throughout the entire interview.
He is blonde and has blue eyes like his parents.
His full name will be Konstantin Gustav Heinrich Richard zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg-Johannsmann, on a day to day basis he will be called Konstatin, - or "lille skat = little treasure". (*)

The labour pains started around 05.00 and at 18.45 she gave birth. Alexander, her husband, cut the umbellical cord, without crying.

Nathalie thinks the baby "is a good mix of both of them".

He is an easy child (**) and sleeps almost the whole night through.
He sleeps in a cot in his parent's bedroom, so can easily be breastfed.

The whole family had of course at that time been presented to the little new one, with the exception Alexandra, who hadn't had time yet.

They expect to get married at Berleburg (church wedding) in May or June 2011, the christening will take place in the autumn but no date has been set yet. However as she will be ridning in Kentucky from the 25. September to the 10. October, it will not take place until after she has returned.
Nathalie is and was a very active rider, she rode until eight weeks prior to the birth and she expects to start riding again two weeks after giving birth.

Just like Princess Benedikte did with her and her siblings, Nathalie will speak Danish to Konstantin on a day to day basis. While he at the same time will inevitably learn to speak German.

(*) Skat is the most common word of endearment in Danish. Used about babies, children in general or spouses.

(**) The first child is easy. The second however....

Not the most figure flattering outfit for a new mother but she can be forgiven. The first weeks after both can be a jumble.

Last edited by a moderator:
They appear to be a happy couple and little Konstantin looks cute. Nice pictures! :)

Cute baby :baby:
He seems to be very calm child and both parents seem to be really proud of him.

May the decision of giving him that surname (and family names) indicate that the Sayn-W-B family is starting to think about the possibility that Gustav will never have children? Then we could be in front of the next heir of the big estate of the family!

May the decision of giving him that surname (and family names) indicate that the Sayn-W-B family is starting to think about the possibility that Gustav will never have children? Then we could be in front of the next heir of the big estate of the family!

I'm not sure what the surname has to do with anything?
Because they didn't just name him Konstantin Johannsmann, you think the SWB's think Gustav won't have children?

The baby is so cute!!

I'm not sure what the surname has to do with anything?
Because they didn't just name him Konstantin Johannsmann, you think the SWB's think Gustav won't have children?

Yes, I have the feeling that, even if the law gives many possibilities, usually a baby is given his father's surname only. Usually when the mother's surname is given, it's to avoid an historical surname to be extinct.
Of course, the Sayn-W-B surname (like the title) is not going to be extinct (because of the other branches of the family) but the concern here can be that the (future) owner of schloss Berleburg etc retains the surname (with its historic and aristocratic sound).

I don't think it's that, I think it's just a gesture. But from the articles i've found and on wiki which I know is not the best. Konstantin is just Konstantin Johannsmann.

Not the most figure flattering outfit for a new mother but she can be forgiven. The first weeks after both can be a jumble.
Yeah, bt I would have worn a girdle for the photo session. I don't understand are they married or not? She is wearing a wedding ring, yet her son carries her surname?!

Yeah, bt I would have worn a girdle for the photo session. I don't understand are they married or not? She is wearing a wedding ring, yet her son carries her surname?!

Maybe Nathalie is happy with the way she looks.
And yes she is married, her son carries both her name and his name. But in some articles he only carries his fathers surname.

They are civil married, which is according to the law in Germany. The religious Wedding will take place in May or June next year. As for the names both have keept their names after the marriage. And for the names of chidlren there are many options here and they apparently choose to combine the name of both parents.

Back
Top Bottom