Princess Alexandra of Berleburg and Family, Current Events Part 1: April 2004 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mr Muhler , it is Banco for Alexandra. She and her former husband lost their work and had money problems.

Well, I can't say anything about any money problems. They would of course have gone down a lot in their income as a family as a result of her former husband's, well, nervous breakdown.
But they would of course have had investments, a farewell-bonus from his job and so on, and since the daughter Ingrid is attending a boarding school I don't think they are that penniless.

But on a personal level, I sincerely hope Alexandra has got a jackpot.

Princess Alexandra and her Children are living in her Boyfriend's Castle. Will she marry him now she is divorced ?

We don't know if she is already divorced. Last year it was announced that she and her husbaand have separated but no more Information so far since then if the divorice is already final.

Egeskov is a beautiful castle. What a dreamlike location.

when she is in Denmark does she stay at the apartment her Mother uses in Copenhagen? How large is that apartment?
One apartment for Joachim, one for Queen Ann-Marie & one for Benne.............anthingthing else??

when she is in Denmark does she stay at the apartment her Mother uses in Copenhagen? How large is that apartment?
One apartment for Joachim, one for Queen Ann-Marie & one for Benne.............anthingthing else??
Benedikte's flat has a study, lounge, dining room and a bedroom divided between two floors.
I remember reading a few articles about Benedikte being quite the "challenge" to work with when the palace was renovated a few years ago.
The flats of Benedikte and Anne-Marie are, according to the press, situated next to each other. Anne-Marie's flat used to be the office of one of the courtiers of her mother Queen Ingrid.

Last edited:
Doesn't Princess Alexandra currently live with her boyfriend at Egeskov Castle ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Wishing the couple a happy marriage; one that will last.

I hope that count Richard and countess Ingrid are also happy with this chain of events as all went rather fast from their mother divorcing their father (exactly (on the day!) 2 years ago it was announced that they would divorce; not sure when the marriage was formally dissolved) to marrying her new flame.

Wow I didn't realize she was engaged, was it known (and I just missed) or was it surprise?

I wonder if any of her royal cousins or family were there. We know her Aunt was not, as Anne-Marie and Constantine were at Gabriella's.

Hope they have a wonderful marriage.

Wow I didn't realize she was engaged, was it known (and I just missed) or was it surprise?

I wonder if any of her royal cousins or family were there. We know her Aunt was not, as Anne-Marie and Constantine were at Gabriella's.

Hope they have a wonderful marriage.
According to the article there were only 33 guests. Given that Konstantinos and Anne Marie were in Windsor, only the closest family members (either by blood or by friendship) might have been invited: maybe the godparents of her children? That would be Nikolaos (& Tatiana), Frederik (& Mary) and Alexia (& Carlos); she is also close to Märtha Louise (Alexandra is godmother to Maud and ML to Richard) who is about the start her tour in Denmark (tomorrow)...

Assuming that her mother, siblings with partners (Carina is in Denmark as was pointed out by another member) and children were invited that would be at least 7 out of the 33. Another 7-10 could be added for her side; probably including a few of her Danish/Greek cousins.

Last edited:
Wow!
Congratulations to the couple!

Congratulations to the couple! :flowers: :twohearts:
I'd love to get married around this time of year, it seems like just the right time. Normally not too hot but not too cold, either. Lovely photos and a beautiful bride.

Does the groom have children? He was previously married twice.

Does the groom have children? He was previously married twice.

According to Danish Wikipedia, two. A daughter Marie-Sophie (26 this year) and son Greggers (24 this year). They are from his first marriage. He also has a son and daughter (not mentioned) from his second marriage. They were 10 and 8 when the couple became public.

Last edited:
According to Danish Wikipedia, two. A daughter Marie-Sophie (26 this year) and son Gregers (24 this year). They are from his first marriage.

Also a son and a daughter with his second wife.

Yes he is :flowers:

He has known the family all of his life. Benedikte is his godmother.

Also, Crown Prince Frederik is godfather to Michael's son Gregers and IIRC, Prince Joachim to one of the younger kids.

Did Princess Alexandra's son not attend? Can't see him in the pics.

The textured dress is nice on Alexandra.
The occasion seems relaxed and happy.
Benedikte is so elegant; she looks amazing.
Ingrid's dress is very pretty on her.
I have never seen Nathalie's second child. Her son was there.
I think I saw Alexandra's Richard waving her off but it is just a guess.
I didn't notice any Danish relatives.
Do you think all of the groom's children attended?

Congratulations to the happy couple!
They really managed to keep the wedding plans under the hat. It was a real surprise to see the pictures. But I'm astonished to see so few family members at their wedding. I think I saw Prince Gustav, but I couldn't find Carina, Nathalie and family, or any of the Danish royals.

Alexandra is wearing a floral tiara from her husband's family, btw.

I saw princess sumaya from jordan its nice

Princess Märtha Louise and her new boyfriend Durek Verrett were among the wedding guests, Durek Verrett shared a photo on his Instagram account:

** Pic **

Congratulations to Princess Alexandra now Countess Ahlefeldt-Laurvig-Bille that was the best kept wedding secret of the year.

Danish Billed-Bladet shared a nice video scene of the wedding to promote its current paper edition:

Addition: By now they've shared a longer one:

Last edited:
Summary of article in Billed Bladet #21, 2019.
Written by Trine Larsen.

Princess Alexandra and Count Michael Ahlefeldt-Laurvig-Bille were married at Sankt Jørgens Kirke (Saint George's Church) at the twon of Svendborg some 25 KM from their home Egeskov Castle.
The reason they were married so far away is because Alexandra know the parish priest. he was stationed for five years in Paris, while Alexandra lived there with her then husband Count Pfeil undsoweiter.

There is an extensive (and mouthwatering!) collection of classic cars at Egeskov and the couple drove to and from the church in a Cadillac 1931. The beautiful car was actually build especially for King Christian X. It's not a car to break speed limits though, it does 60 KM/H downhill and with the wind coming from behind...
Normally the groom stands at the alter waiting for his bride, but the two of them had opted to come together and leave together.
At some point though Count Michael stepped on his brides dress, designed by Cecilie Bahnsen, her shoes were by Rupert Sanderson.
The tiara comes from Egeskov Castle.

Among the 33 guests were most of the Berleburgs.
Princess Benedikte.
Her second daughter, Nathalie. With her son Konstantin.
Present were Alexandra's two children, Comtesse Ingrid and Count Richard.
Her brother, Prince Gustav was there too. However, Carina Axelsson was at at confirmation at Gavnø Manor and could not attend. Gavnø Manor belongs to the circle of friends around the DRF and also the Ahlefeldt family, which the groom belongs to.
Also present were the son of the groom, Gregers Ahlefeldt with his girlfriend.
And daughter Marie-Sophie Ahlefeldt.
As well as his sister, Susanne Vind, who used to LiW for Countess Alexandra. She was there with her husband and three children.
The groom's mother, Merete Lüttichau was there as well.

So were three couples who are close friends of the couple. Henrik and Sandra Neemlmeyer.
Tom and Lisa Helme.
Peter and Karina Gyrst.
As well as Princess Sumaya bint El Hassan of Jordan.
And last but not least, Princess Märtha Louise and her shaman, Durek.

The happy couple already knew each other very well when Alexandra got divorced in 2017.
Count Ahlefeldt invited Alexandra and her chidlren to Egeskov for the Heartland Festival there. - (That's actually covered more or less by accident by Billed Bladet, because Joachim and Marie went there as well.) And that was the start of their relationship.
And in the summer of 2018 the couple went public and now they are married.

See the article and much more here: https://app.box.com/s/mxwkh2xum4vzs8tijmbvtda0de7g3ltx

:previous: Thank you, as ever, for the detailed summary Muhler. Alexandra was a beautiful bride and her dress was very pretty and unusual. I hope she and Michael have a long-lasting and happy marriage.

Back
Top Bottom