~ ¤ ~

Arms of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Sayn

¤ ¤ ¤

Old 12-08-2005, 05:56 PM
Nobility

Hmm. The Paris Hilton of German royalty? :(

Old 01-13-2006, 03:14 AM
Heir Apparent

HAMBURG, GERMANY - JANUARY 11: Baroness Julia von Jenisch (L) and Princess Bettina zu Sayn-Wittgenstein attend the 100th anniversary of German luxury goods maker Montblanc at the Laeiszhalle January 11, 2006, in Hamburg, Germany.

(from getty)
http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/1616/565733160jo.jpg
Old 02-02-2006, 11:22 AM
Heir Apparent

Princess Corinna zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Sayn during King Juan Carlos of Spain's visit to Baden Württemberg in Stuttgart, Germany
February 2nd, 2006

(from seegerpress)
Old 02-19-2006, 12:27 PM
Courtier

Was the Princely House of Sayn Wittgenstein Berleburg part of the Holy Roman Empire? I know that Prince Richard and his family are Lutherans. Also, how close are he various members of this princely house?
Old 02-19-2006, 09:46 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelleq
Was the Princely House of Sayn Wittgenstein Berleburg part of the Holy Roman Empire? I know that Prince Richard and his family are Lutherans.
Casimir, Count zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg was raised to the rank of Prince of the Holy Roman Empire in 1792. S-W-B later became one of the Mediatised Sovereign Houses.

Princes of the Empire could be Protestant or Roman Catholic; among the power-players who elected the Emperor were the Protestant Hanovers, who were made Electors in 1692.
Old 04-26-2006, 06:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Princess Corina in Lanzarote, Spain, on holidays.

http://www.lavozdelanzarote.com/arti...d_article=6591
Attached Images

Old 01-20-2007, 07:35 PM
Courtier

Does someone know the birthdate of princess Stella zu Sayn-Witgenstein-Berleburg, first daughter and second child of prince Sebastian zu Sayn-Witgenstein-Berleburg and his wife princess Julie?
Sebastian is the son of prince Richard's brother prince Robin and the late princess Birgitta.
Sebastian married Julie Toussaint and their first child Ferdinand was born on November 9th 2004.
Old 05-23-2007, 09:35 AM
Courtier

Does all of Prince Richard's siblilngs live in Germany? If not, where are they located.
Old 11-23-2007, 07:39 PM
Courtier

Where does Prince Robin, Prince Richard's brother, reside? He is reputed to be the one disputing his nephew, Gustav, wedding and inheritance.
Old 11-23-2007, 09:08 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelleq View Post
Where does Prince Robin, Prince Richard's brother, reside? He is reputed to be the one disputing his nephew, Gustav, wedding and inheritance.
According to the 1998 Almanach de Gotha he and his second wife are living at the Rue Amyot in Paris, France.
Old 12-31-2007, 11:31 PM
Gentry

Can anyone tell me what Prince Richard, 6th Prince of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg works as and where does he and Princess Benedikte and their children reside?
Old 01-20-2008, 12:23 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinulord View Post
Can anyone tell me what Prince Richard, 6th Prince of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg works as and where does he and Princess Benedikte and their children reside?
I'm not sure what he works in, but I guess they live in Berleburg, the family castle in Germany.
Old 01-27-2008, 02:32 AM
Gentry

Thanks rosou. Now my next question is, since I'm not that familiar with the Berleburg genealogy, who will inherit if Prince Gustav does not have issue.
Old 01-27-2008, 02:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinulord View Post
Thanks rosou. Now my next question is, since I'm not that familiar with the Berleburg genealogy, who will inherit if Prince Gustav does not have issue.

For detailed information about the status of Prince Gustav you might want to read this topic already in progress. There is a wealth of information that may answer all of your questions.

Regarding as to who lives in Schloss Berleburg, currently Prince Gustav along with his life companion (German newspapers refer to her as his life companion), author Carina Axelsson, live in the apartments within the schloss.

Princess Benedikte splits her time between Denmark and Bad Berleburg; furthermore, it is safe to say she too lives in the schloss. As for Prince Richard, if memory serves me correctly, when he was going through chemo treatments, Gustav moved back home to Bad Berleburg, from London, to take over the schloss as well as to be close (and take care) of his father; Prince Richard stepped aside and as a result, Prince Gustav is currenly the head of the house.

Old 07-07-2008, 08:24 AM
Courtier

Princess Natascha zu Sayn-Wittgenstein Berleburg, only daughter and second of the two children of Prince Robin and his first wife, the late Birgitta af Klercker, married Emilio Litta Modignano 11th Marchese di Menzago e Vinago on July 5th 2008.

Source: see royalsportal MAG 2008
Old 09-13-2008, 08:32 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Hereditary prince Heinrich and Hereditary princess Priscilla of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Sayn got a daughter on Sept. 11th. The baby is called Eleonore and was born in Milan. The couple already has a son called Ludwig.

Courtesy: sjetajiem at ATR
Old 07-24-2009, 10:55 AM
Courtier

Prince Richard and his Danish Princess Benedikte live in Germany --
their son Gustav also is German =
their daughter Alexandra ;ives in France with her husband & 2 children -- is she a citizen of Germany ??
now my question:
their daughter Nathalie (born in 1975) rode Dressage for "Denmark" and I think won a bronze medal.......now is she a citizen of German or Denmark ??????

When the Danish Royals all get together (frequently Gustave (and his girl friend Carina) & Alexandra are included, but I never remember Nathalie be including in any of the family photo shoots..................Is Nathalie close to either Fred or Joachime, how about her Greek cousins.................
Old 07-25-2009, 05:31 AM
Courtier

I think that Nathalie is very involved in her sport.
She will not have much time for the family pics, but she will be there when there is a big family-reunion or wedding.
BTW her longtime boyfriend Alexander Johannsmann is also involved in horse sport.
He is German.
Old 07-25-2009, 10:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Princess Nathalie rides for Denmark in various equestrian events. Perhaps her citizenship is solely Danish? Does she live in Germany most of the time?