The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-20-2011, 02:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Who knew a member from ABBA was part of a royal house?

I've also read she was friends with Queen Silvia.

Old 09-20-2011, 03:17 PM
Aristocracy

Anni-Frid Synni Lyngstad was the wife ofPrince Heinrich Ruzzo Reuss of Plauen (24 May 1950 – 29 October 1999)-the prince died of lymphoma. Through Lyngstad's marriage to Heinrich Ruzzo, who was a student at the same boarding school as the reigning King of Sweden, she became acquainted with the swedisch royal family and eventually became close friends with Sweden's Queen Silvia

Old 10-05-2011, 05:42 AM

House of Reuss

I am writing a book dealing with the battle of Kulm, August 29th-30th 1813.

There seems to be a lack of information concerning Henry LXI, Prince Reuss-Costritz. He was killed on 29th August 1813 while leading his French infantry brigade under general Vandamme.

Does anyone have any details concerning the Prince and his family?

Graham Morris
Old 12-29-2011, 03:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince Heirich X Reuss (b.28 July 1948) married civilly Lucina Wolffersdoff-Zajder on 3 December.

Source: Netty's Royalty Page Genealogical News 2011

She is his third wife; he was previously married to Baroness Elizabeth Akerhield af Margarethelund (b.1946) and Countess Antoinette von Arnim (b.1949); both these marriages ended in divorce.
By his first wife he has a daughter, Benigna (b.1980) and a son Heinrich XXIV (b.1984); in June he will become a grandfather.
Old 04-08-2012, 08:20 PM
Commoner

Why doesn't the Reuß family use "von" or "zu" ?

I have noticed that the Reuß Princely Family doesn't use "von" or "zu" in their name. They were from a designated area called Reuß so why are they different ?

Anyone know why they do this ?
Old 06-27-2012, 08:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Heinrich IV Fürst Reuss died on 20 June.

[He was born at Ernstbrunn on 26 October 1919, son of Prince Heinrich XXXIX Reuss and of his wife, Antonia Gräfin zu Castell-Castell. Since 1954 he had been married to Princess Marie Luise zu Salm-Horstmar. He is survived by her and their four children and their families.]

Source: Paul Theroff Royal Genealogical Site: Royal News 2012 Section I
Old 06-27-2012, 11:26 AM
Administrator

He is succeeded by his son, Heinrich XIV Prince Reuss, Head of the Princely House of Reuss
born 1955, married 1995 Johanna (b 1971), daughter of Baron Raitz von Frentz by his wife Baroness Kunigunde von Hoenning O'Carroll; issue: [updated]
.......... - Heinrich XXIX, Hereditary Prince Reuss (b 1997)
.......... - Tatjana (b 2001)
.......... - Luise (b 20xx)
.......... - Heinrich V (b2010/11)
Old 09-13-2012, 02:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Reuss Princeling

Heinrich XIV, Prince Reuss, Head of the Princely House of Reuss (b.14 July 1955) [son of Heinrich IV, Prince Reuss who died in June aged 92 & his wife Marie-Luise, nee Princess of Salm-Horstmar (b.1918)] & his wife Johanna, nee Freiin Raitz von Frentz, who turned 41 yesterday, had their fourth child, Prince Heinrich V, this or previous year (current date unknown)

A brother for Heinrich XXIX (2-4-1997), Tatiana (b.2001) and Luise (DOB unknown)

Source: Reuss
Old 09-30-2012, 12:15 PM

i was woundering if anyone could help me from what i know is this in the 12th century in bohemeha my family the russlers where given titles because of there influenchel states and the amount of wealth they had aquired during this time and they had marred into influanchel familys as well the prince of the regone hed then given them the rank and titles of duke and duchess i was just woundering if someone knew anything that could help please if anyone can and i also know my grandparents do not like to talk about this at all i geuss there up set still about the revalution thats what they tell me tho and they still have there titles just not there positions any more one time in conversation tho princess elizabeth of yugoslavia was menjtion as a distent relitive of ours on my grandpapas side on my grandmamas side she is from barvaria she was born a princess so please help
Old 09-30-2012, 12:28 PM
Courtier

Unfortunately,there isn't any known connection between the Russler or Roessler German family from Bohemia with any noble titles or Reuss family...

Also,I know genealogy of Princess Elizabeth of Yugoslavia and so far she doesn't have any Russler cousin in generations gone by which doesn't exclude the possibility of a family tie like the one that 30 % of people in UK can claim descent of King Edward III who lived in 14th century...
Old 12-09-2012, 03:54 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Princess Woizlawa Feodora Reuss, née Duchess of Mecklenburg-Schwerin was witnessduring the wedding of Bearn Bilker, mayor of Kollum (Nl), and Angelika Steiner. The couple married in Schloss Schwarzurg.

Historischer Tag: Hochzeit mit echtem Adel im Schloss Schwarzburg | OTZ
Old 12-09-2012, 09:57 PM
Courtier

She just looks amazing and very vital for her age
Old 12-11-2012, 09:45 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by qzwxec View Post
...the Reuß Princely Family doesn't use "von" or "zu" in their name...why are they different?
There is no area called Reuss. The family in its different lines reigned till 1918 in a part of Germany called the "Vogtland" - meaning the "land of the bailiffs" - the Reuss family held the land in the beginning for the emperor before it became their own independant country. It included parts of Thuringia, Saxony, Bavaria and Bohemia.

In the 1200s a bailiff from that family either lived for a longer time in Russia or married a lady of Russian descent (it's not really clear), so people named him Heinrich Ruthenus (the Russian) which in German dialect became "Reuss" (a Prussian is a Preuss, a Russian is a Reuss). From then on his branch of the family used "Reuss" as their family name and were created Counts and Princes Reuss in later centuries.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince Heinrich XXVI Reuss (b.30 November 1988) [son of Prince Heinrich IX Reuss (b.1947) & his wife Amelie, nee Freiin Besserer von Thalfingen (b.1959)] married Isabella Anna Frampton (b.1989) in Chichester, Great Britain, on 2 February.

Source: Reuss
Old 02-18-2013, 03:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Princess Pauline Reuss (b.2 June 1977) [daughter of late Prince Heinrich Ruzzo Reuss (1950-1999) & his first wife Mette Rinde (b.1948)] married Gustav Berg (b.1980) in October.

Her twin sister Henriette is married to Jan Herud.

Sources: Reuss
Netty's Royalty Page Genealogical News 2012.
Old 07-14-2013, 05:11 PM
Heir Apparent

The engagement was announced between Prince Heinrich XXIV Reuss (b.23 May 1984),
son of Prince Heinrich X Reuss (b.1948) & his first wife, Baroness Elisabeth Akerhielm af Margarethelund (b.1946)
and Countess Dorothea Richiza of Castell-Castell (b.31 May 1985),
daughter of Count Alexander of Castell-Castell (b.1954) & his first wife, Marion Stepp (b.1957).

The wedding will be held on 21 September.

Source: Royal News of 2013, Section I
Old 08-27-2013, 10:21 AM

1929 Painting by Heinreich XXXIII surfaces

This may be of interest to the descendants of Heinreich XXXIII named in post #20.

I came across a painting for sale that is likely the work of Heinreich XXXIII. The subject is a dreamy NYC skyscraper canyon "Xmas 1929".

This work - watercolor and gouache on paper - is being offered for sale by Redondo Beach, California-based interior designer Anna Hackathorn here until September 1st.

I apologize if linking this is contrary to forum rules, but I assure you I have no financial interest whatsoever in this sale. (I would be happy to PM the info to any interested parties if the above commercial link is moderated.)

Cheers.
Old 09-21-2013, 01:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Reuss-Castell-Castell Wedding

Prince Heinrich XXIV Reuss (b.23 May 1984) [son of Prince Heinrich X Reuss (b.1948) & his first wife, Baroness Elisabeth Akerhielm af Margarethelund (b.1946)] married Countess Dorothea Richiza of Castell-Castell (b.31 May 1985) [daughter of Count Alexander of Castell-Castell (b.1954) & his first wife, Marion Stepp (b.1957)] in a religious ceremony at St.VeitChurch, Iphofen, Bavaria (Germany) on 21 September.

Source: Royal News of 2013, Section I
Old 09-25-2013, 05:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Two wedding gallery of Prince Heinrich XXVI Reuss & Countess Dorothea of Castell-Castell:

A Reuss/Castell wedding in Germany | NettyRoyal
Old 09-26-2013, 11:15 AM
Super Moderator

Last Saturday the Wedding of Prince Heinrich XXIV. Reuß and Countess Dorothea zu Castell-Castell took place at the St. Veits Church at Iphofen. For my Report and Pictures see here: Royal Travel and Events Blog: Noble Wedding at Iphofen

Royal Travel and Events

Tags
anni-frid