The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-01-2008, 09:24 PM
Gentry

Warren, I was thrilled to read from your post that the Dowager Princess Reuss is none other than Frida (Anni-Frid) herself of ABBA. I think the only celebrity I've heard to have married into any royal family (reigning or non-reigning) would have been Grace Kelly.

Old 02-08-2008, 04:33 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinulord View Post
Warren, I was thrilled to read from your post that the Dowager Princess Reuss is none other than Frida (Anni-Frid) herself of ABBA. I think the only celebrity I've heard to have married into any royal family (reigning or non-reigning) would have been Grace Kelly.
She has such an interesting story- growing up without parents (her father was a German soldier, her mother died when Frida was just 2) as a rather poor girl, becoming mother with 17 , being a member of Abba and having such a great career, and then marrying her Prince.

It seems Anni-Frid doesn't like to be called a "Princess". I saw an interview of her during the trip to Berlin and she seemed to be quite annoyed to be called "Prinzessin Frida".

Here are a few more pictures of Frida:

IBL Bildbyrå | 0435 44 07 65

In full regalia (just without Tiara)
Supload.com // Free Image Hosting
IBL

Old 02-08-2008, 04:40 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't remember but does they - family has any tiaras etc.?
Old 02-08-2008, 04:45 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnik View Post
I don't remember but does they - family has any tiaras etc.?
I have no idea either; but the princely house of Reuss is a rather old one.
So I'd say they have at least 1 Tiara .
But I really have no idea.

Old 02-08-2008, 05:44 PM
Super Moderator

Don't know either if they still have one. Most likely it would belong to the head of the House. But there are so many lines in the Houses of Reuss. probably the line where Anni-Frid married in doesn't have one.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 02-14-2008, 09:12 AM
Gentry

Correct me if I'm wrong on this, but doesn't the House of Reuss use a numbering system (roughly lasting a century or so) when naming all the male members of the family?

And also, who is the overall head of the House of Reuss?
Old 02-14-2008, 10:41 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

True, they are all called Heinrich, to honour Heinrich VI, Holy Roman Emperor. At some point they stop counting and start again with no I, II etc. but I am not sure when that happened. They counted well over 50 when they did.

There are various branches, the head of the branch Reuss-Kostritz is Fuerst Henrich IV.
Old 02-14-2008, 02:27 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
True, they are all called Heinrich, to honour Heinrich VI, Holy Roman Emperor. At some point they stop counting and start again with no I, II etc. but I am not sure when that happened. They counted well over 50 when they did.

There are various branches, the head of the branch Reuss-Kostritz is Fuerst Henrich IV.
And one branch started to number new each century: Originally there where the Houses Reuß older line and younger line. The older line died out in 1927 with Heinrich XXIV. the last Fürst Reuß zu greiz. He reigned never because he was mentally il. The line reuß tzu Schleiz died out when Heinrich XLV was missed in the Second World War. The remaining line Reuß zu Köstiritz is a junior line of the House Reuß younger line to whom also the Schleiz line belonged. See Genealogy here: Reuss

Royal Travel and Events

Old 02-14-2008, 04:24 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
And one branch started to number new each century: Originally there where the Houses Reuß older line and younger line. The older line died out in 1927 with Heinrich XXIV. the last Fürst Reuß zu greiz. He reigned never because he was mentally il. The line reuß tzu Schleiz died out when Heinrich XLV was missed in the Second World War. The remaining line Reuß zu Köstiritz is a junior line of the House Reuß younger line to whom also the Schleiz line belonged. See Genealogy here: Reuss
Thanks for that genealogy page . . . . interesting to note that some of the numbers got really high

Yeah I saw that Heinrich XLV wasn't declared dead until 1962 . . . .
Old 03-22-2008, 06:33 AM
Administrator

There are some more details about the House of Reuss at post #9 on the previous page.
Old 05-30-2008, 05:26 PM
Nobility

any word on the wedding of Princess Maximiliana Reuss and Klaus Ita, which was supposed to take place today 30-5-2008
Old 05-30-2008, 05:48 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMTLove23 View Post
any word on the wedding of Princess Maximiliana Reuss and Klaus Ita, which was supposed to take place today 30-5-2008
No, but if you would like to send them a gift ... here is their wish-list, obviously the couple loves Asterix ... Amazon.de: Hochzeitsliste
Old 07-02-2008, 03:25 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Anni-Frid attended the Premiere of MammaMia!-the Movie

http://raffem.com/images/News/3447786819.jpg
http://raffem.com/images/News/0140083850085.jpg

She looks great! Hard to belive she's 62 already.

Old 07-03-2008, 05:43 PM

Hermine's and Johann Georg Prince von Schoenaich-Carolath also had a further three children:

Georg Wilhelm von Schoenaich-Carolath (1909-1927)
Hermine Caroline von Schoenaich-Carolath (1910- )
Ferdinand Johann von Schoenaich-Carolath (1913-1973)

Allan Raymond

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnik View Post
Hermine's first husband was since 1907 Johann Georg Prince von Schoenaich-Carolath (1873-1920). They had two children:
Hans Georg (1907-1943) married with Sibylle von Zedlitz und Lippe (1910-2006) - 2 children and Henriette (1918-1972) married 1940-1946 with Franz Josef von Hohenzollern Prince of Prussia (1916-1975) - 3 children.

Carolath-Beuthen/Schoenaich-Carolath
Prussia
Old 07-04-2008, 03:03 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Frida attended the premiere of MM!the movie in Sweden today. Together with the other members of ABBA.

You can find a few pictures in this thread: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...tml#post794928 .

Old 07-13-2008, 01:25 PM
Moderator Emeritus

According to some articles Frida has fallen in love with multi-millionaire W H Smith heir Henry Smith.
"According to friends it was a coup de foudre for Henry, who has fallen madly in love with the striking, thrice-married brunette despite a ten-year age gap - Frida is 62 and Smith 52."
The couple have rarely been out of each other's company since meeting seven months ago, and Smith now spends most of his time in Switzerland where Frida has a home in the exclusive ski resort of Zermatt.

http://raffem.com/images/Frida/fridahenry.jpg
Old 07-13-2008, 02:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Excuse my ignorance on this topic, but is Frida still married? I have only just discovered that she became a princess (I have always been an ABBA fan).
Old 07-13-2008, 03:05 PM
Commoner

Her husband died from lymphoma in 1999.
Old 07-17-2008, 05:25 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

12 June 2008

According to the Osthuringer Zeiting the process that princess Woizlawa-Feodora and Prince Heinrich XIII Reuss tried to start to get 8 houses back in Gera not been accepted by the court, the case won't be re-opened.

Shortly after WWII the real estate of prince Heinrich XLV was confiscated by the Soviets, something which was illigal according to some, as he was a British citizen and foreigners were exemted from these confications. A court in 2005 already denied the princess and prince their claim.

A new document should however prove that the British nationality of Prince Heinrich XLV was ignored on purpose by the soviets and they hidden documents to prove that he was. The court re-opened the case but did not come to another verdict.

Article in Dutch here, from Monarchen.nl - de Europese vorstenhuizen
Old 09-03-2008, 07:12 PM
Gentry

Does anyone know who is the current head of the Reuss Princely family?

Tags
anni-frid