Princely Houses of Isenburg and Ysenburg und Büdingen

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Isn't that Princess Nadja of Schaumburg-Lippe, née Zsoeks?

Last edited:
Yes it are Fürst Alexander and Fürstin Nadja zu Schaumburg-Lippe on pic 16. Nothing known about a pregnancy for her.

I think Biri might be right, she positively looks pregnant. Let's hope for another little Prince/ss of Schaumburg-Lippe.

Wo Grafen schlafen bei ServusTV
In this documentary around 11:13 they show a picture of a bride who seems to be wearing the Isenburg tiara. They don't comment on the picture and don't give a name for her. But since the documentary focuses on Princes Alexander and Viktor von Isenburg it would make sense if it showed their mother, rather than an aunt. So maybe this is Countess Christine von Saurma on marrying Prinz Franz Alexander?

It might be me, but I don't think that in todays world non-reigning families treat their heir so differently from the younger sons. (And of course I hate to see a noble bride to be seen without tiara. But that's probably my personal passion for tiara-watching)

Wo Grafen schlafen bei ServusTV
In this documentary around 11:13 they show a picture of a bride who seems to be wearing the Isenburg tiara. They don't comment on the picture and don't give a name for her. But since the documentary focuses on Princes Alexander and Viktor von Isenburg it would make sense if it showed their mother, rather than an aunt. So maybe this is Countess Christine von Saurma on marrying Prinz Franz Alexander?

Don't think the pic is from the Wedding of the Fürst and Fürstin as they are referring to celbrations whjo took place in the big Hall of Birstein Castle and one can see that it was made in the staircase of Birstein Castle. And the Fürst and Fürstin had their religious Wedding at Tegernsee no at Birstein. Perhaps one of the sisters of the Fürst?

Princess Felizitas Magdalena zu Ysenburg und Büdingen in Wachtersbach (b.22 February 1980)[daughter of Wolfgang-Ernst, Fürst zu Isenburg und Büdingen (b.1936) & his wife Leonille, nee Princess of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg (b.1941)] married Max Senfft von Pilsach on 19 July.

Source:
Netty Royal

Last edited by a moderator:
I liked Princess Sarah's statement flowery coat.

I liked Princess Sarah's statement flowery coat.
Disagree. It is so aging, she looks like a Granny in this (it´s from Dolce&Gabbana)
She is such a young woman, she should dress her age. He looks very old beside her. Maybe the coat is a try to compensate the age gap of 13 years.
For me, no beautiful couple.

Prince Friedrich zu Yysenburg and Büdingen in Wächtersbach married relgious on 30.05.2016 at Raitenhaslach Marie-Hélène de Garnerin, Countess of Montgelas
Some pics: Royal Travel and Events Blog: A noble Wedding in Raitenhaslach
Thank you Stefan, it is nice to see pics of this couple. The bride looks lovely in a phantastic dress.

I wonder if she wears an Ysenburg tiara or a tiara from her own family. I know that the brides of two of Prince Friedrich Leopold's wore tiaras at their weddings. But the pictures do not show them clearly enough to be sure if they are the same.

Congratulations to the happy parents! :flowers:
I like the name Alix and wonder where it somes from. There was a Princess Marie Imagina in the Isenburg family before, so that part is probably from the Isenburg side of the family.

Imagina and Irmingard are really particular names - i don't think i have heard them before. i wonder if they are part of family tradition...

As I wrote above, Imagina is part of the Isenburg family tradition. It has been used several times in the family history.
Search by Names "imagina isenburg" | Geneall.net

Irmingard is a name that I mainly connect with the Bavarian RF, but I don't know of a family relationship between them exists.

Very beautiful the all the names. Especially the Imagina which I hear for the first time is very beautiful.

Congratulations to them!
Now I expect happy news from Victor and Jungeun!

Congratulations to the couple! :flowers:
Little Princess Alix has a very intriguing name. I've never come across Imagina before, but perhaps it's not so surprising since it's been used in the family before. What about the usage of Imagina in Germany overall - how rare is it? I'm very interested in names which is why I'm asking.

First it might have cost the I(Y)senburg family quite an effort to finally allow their sons to marry commoners (this is why I believe Alexander was already in his mid 40ies when he married Sarah) and now the possibly big disappointment that their first child and child of the heir to the I (Y)senburg noble house is a girl. (All his three sisters have firstborn sons!!!) I believe both couldn´t make IVF again otherwise it would have become conspicuous because I believe his sister Sophie Prussia did with her firstborn twins and therefore the not so important house of Isenburg had not to do their possibly intention to use IVF as well.....
It´s a jinx on it or maybe an amusing coincidence that so many heirs to thrones or noble houses have a firstborn girl whereas their siblings (brother or sister) who have no influence on the succession all have firstborn sons . (f.i. Monaco, Spain, Sweden - I bet S+CP will have a son..., Norway (MM´s first child is a son and of course her first child with Haakon came out to be a girl...)

Last edited:
First it might have cost the I(Y)senburg family quite an effort to finally allow their sons to marry commoners (this is why I believe Alexander was already in his mid 40ies when he married Sarah) and now the possibly big disappointment that their first child and child of the heir to the I (Y)senburg noble house is a girl. (All his three sisters have firstborn sons!!!) I believe both couldn´t make IVF again otherwise it would have become conspicuous because I believe his sister Sophie Prussia did with her firstborn twins and therefore the not so important house of Isenburg had not to do their possibly intention to use IVF as well.....
It´s a jinx on it or maybe an amusing coincidence that so many heirs to thrones or noble houses have a firstborn girl whereas their siblings (brother or sister) who have no influence on the succession all have firstborn sons . (f.i. Monaco, Spain, Sweden - I bet S+CP will have a son..., Norway (MM´s first child is a son and of course her first child with Haakon came out to be a girl...)

This is pure speculation:D
Besides we live in 2015 today and not in 1800

Of course but that´s what made the meaning of noble/royal houses and I´m quite sure they mourn the fact that we are´nt in the 18th or 19th century any more -except of the negativities of course .But in 1800 they had the power and meaning that is gone nowadays and IMO with "keeping old traditions" (male heir f.i.) they still try to differentiate from the common people. It´s like with the "Hausgesetz" (house rules) of the former Imperial family of Prussia/Hohenzollern. One uncle of GF tried for years to overrule this law but failed even in European hight court or so.

May be some try, but today they don't have that power or money. They are compleetly not interesting to the common people and as long as they don't bother me with their Haustraditions, they should really live according to their traditions.
Besides I doubt that IVF can be used to influence the gender of a child for that reason (maybe for some indian millionairs, using their money in private clinics).
It is money that makes the world go around

Last edited:
Congratulations to the couple! :flowers:
Little Princess Alix has a very intriguing name. I've never come across Imagina before, but perhaps it's not so surprising since it's been used in the family before. What about the usage of Imagina in Germany overall - how rare is it? I'm very interested in names which is why I'm asking.
I have never heard that name being used before. So it's not at all common. On the other hand it has become very common to use unusual names, so in that respect they are kind of following a current trend.

I have never heard that name being used before. So it's not at all common. On the other hand it has become very common to use unusual names, so in that respect they are kind of following a current trend.

I wonder how it would be pronounced? Where would the emphasis be placed? As in Image or imagine

Baptism of I.D. Princess Alix Imagina of Isenburg

"Princess Alix Imagina of Isenburg was christened Alix Imagina Blanca Ermengarde Mary in the Catholic Church of the Visitation on 27 February by Auxiliary Bishop of Fulda, Prof. Dr. Karlheinz Diez to Birstein. Godparents are a sister of the Prince, the Princess of Wied, and three close friends of Prince couple, Princess Maria-Theresia von Thurn und Taxis, Baroness Eva Mayr-Melnhof-Saurau and Veronika Bohm, the wife of the extreme mountaineer Benedikt Böhm. The Robe of the little princess was made for the Duke of Osuna, a close relative of the Spanish king and governor of the Duchy of Milan, in the 17th century and came, like a veil and a train which the sisters of the Prince and Princess Beatrice occasion of their have worn wedding, a marriage in the 19th century in the princely house. has a special gift is the Apostolic Blessing of the Holy See, the Pope Francis the little princess donated on the occasion of the first received by their sacrament"

Isenburg

Back
Top Bottom