Princely Houses of Isenburg and Ysenburg und Büdingen

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Princess Felizitas Magdalena of Ysenburg and Budingen in Wachtersbach (b.22 February 1980) [daughter of Wolfgang-Ernst, Prince of Isenburg and Budingen (b.1936) & his wife Leonille, nee Princess of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg (b.1941)] got engaged to Marcus Mueller this year.

Felizitas Magdalena is the youngest of three children and last one who marries.

Source: Descendants of King Willem I of the Netherlands

The engagement was reported on 13 February between HSH Hereditary Prince Alexander von Isenburg and Miss Sarah Lorenz. Their marriage is planned to take place in summer 2014 (civil marriage in June and religious marriage in July).

Hereditary Prince Alexander, 44, is the eldest son of Fürst Franz Alexander von Isenburg and of his wife, née Countes Christine von Saurma. He is the brother of Archduchess Katharina of Austria-Este, of Fürstin Isabelle zu Wied and of Princess Sophie of Prussia, as well as of Prince Viktor von Isenburg.
The bride-to-be is 33, is Bavarian and works as a surgeon.

Hochzeitsglocken: Alexander Prinz von Isenburg hat sich verlobt - Fulda

Last edited:
I googled Dr. Lorenz and her mother is also a plastic surgeon from Munich, who once in a year helps female victims of acid attacks in India. The charity is called "Women for Women" and Sarah helps too :)

Schönheitschirurgin Constance Neuhann-Lorenz hilft verbrannten Frauen, weiterzuleben | Gesundheit

Google Übersetzer

She is already listed as "Erbrpinzessin"

http://www.isenburg.de/

How tall is he, or how small is she?

http://www.isenburg.de/bilderpool/m...as/{E98B6C65-F86A-4642-9C69-5E8A82BA2541}.jpg

Last edited:
I googled Dr. Lorenz and her mother is also a plastic surgeon from Munich, who once in a year helps female victims of acid attacks in India. The charity is called "Women for Women" and Sarah helps too :)

Schönheitschirurgin Constance Neuhann-Lorenz hilft verbrannten Frauen, weiterzuleben | Gesundheit

Google Übersetzer

She is already listed as "Erbrpinzessin"

Schloss Birstein

How tall is he, or how small is she?

http://www.isenburg.de/bilderpool/m...as/{E98B6C65-F86A-4642-9C69-5E8A82BA2541}.jpg

I have seen him at the Wedding of his sister Sophie and he is really tall, so she probably is not so small at all.

Thanks! Well, good luck to her if she gets pregnant, this child will be huge :ROFLMAO:
I hope to see some pics of the wedding, because of Sophie and George. And hopefully a little glimpse of the twins...

Congratulations to the happy couple!
The youngest brother Viktor married Jungeun Anes Lee last October, but they kept it so private that no Pictures were seen. Or did I just miss them?
So I hope that we will see some pictures this time. All in all, the Isenburg family usually likes to keep rather private.

The youngest brother Viktor married Jungeun Anes Lee last October, but they kept it so private that no Pictures were seen. Or did I just miss them?
So I hope that we will see some pictures this time. All in all, the Isenburg family usually likes to keep rather private.

Bunte had a Report with some pictures of the Wedding but it was only in early November and the Wedding had taken place on 05. October.

Oh, so I missed that. Thank you Stefan. Did the bride wear the family tiara?

Oh, so I missed that. Thank you Stefan. Did the bride wear the family tiara?

No she didn't wear a tiara and also not the historic family veil. Will be interesting to see if Sarah Lorenz will wear it or not.

Thanks again, Stefan :flowers:
I hope that it will be different for the future Hereditary Princess. But maybe the family decided that only the born Princesses should wear the tiara and veil.

"Bunte" also mentioned last year that the Isenburg family might not be happy with the hereditary prince to have a common girlfriend. He isn´t 43 but turns 45 this year already according to Gotha and seems to have been in a relationship with that Sarah for some time now but obviously had difficulties with his family and therefore wasn´t allowed to marry her so far.
Maybe they gave in meanwhile by having no more hope for a proper partner since his younger brother married that Asian woman last year...
Speaks volumes IMO that all three sisters are married to high noble or even princely men but none of the boys did.....

Congratulations to the couple. :flowers: Since Alexander's sister Katharina is a sister-in-law of Prince Lorenz of Belgium, it will be interesting to see if he and co. will attend the wedding.

I found some more information on Sarah on this website (she's the last person mentioned). It also has information about the other doctors in her team:

Founding Team | Women for Women

"Bunte" also mentioned last year that the Isenburg family might not be happy with the hereditary prince to have a common girlfriend. He isn´t 43 but turns 45 this year already according to Gotha and seems to have been in a relationship with that Sarah for some time now but obviously had difficulties with his family and therefore wasn´t allowed to marry her so far.
Maybe they gave in meanwhile by having no more hope for a proper partner since his younger brother married that Asian woman last year...
Speaks volumes IMO that all three sisters are married to high noble or even princely men but none of the boys did.....

Why do you have to be so derogatory now?

And that Asian woman has name, at least educated yourself that she is from South Korea. :nonono:

And as if Bunte is the most reliable source.

Well,
not just bunte but also other magazines, newspapers and tv-stations have mentioned, that The Prince and The Princess of Isenburg are rather - let's say- traditional about their children's partner choices.
The Prince once metioned in an interview for hessischer rundfunk (hr) at Sophie's wedding (the interviewer only asked about daughters) "that his daughters should know and never forget were they come from".
Alexander himself said in an hr-documentation that "of course only noble women are allowed as brides".
He dated for a long time dentist dr. anke möller-de-beer who went with him to several public events (even joined by The Princess) and who even seemed to move from Hanover to Frankfurt for him. But she is about 10 years older ( finished school in 1993 - minus 19-20 years, which is the average age you finish school in Germany)- so she'd be fourty by now and to old for children.
By the way: His finace´ (a medical Doctor) looks like a younger version of his ex (a medical Doctor) - so he definitely has a type.

I think he was NOT allowed to marry non-noble women, but after his brother married a commoner and he turns 45 in June, I'd say they finally gave up!

Plus: there are no other men in the inheritance line then Alexander and Victor.

Last edited:
Only brides born Isenburg wear the veil for weddings - said on the Prussian wedding in an interview.

Victor and his wife married in Austria. The tiara and other jewels have a high value. You have to pay transfer taxes to bring jewellery to another country. The head of the house of Habsburg had legal issues, when he caught trying and had to pay a high punitive tariff. So maybe they didn't want to pay the taxes or keep the wedding simple.

I believe that these tax questions only apply when something is imported from outside the EU? Iirc, the Habsburg tiara was smuggled in from Switzerland, which is not a member of the EU. There shouldn't be a tax if you are bringing something from Germany to Austria, and back again.

I can well believe that the partner choices of both of their sons did disappoint the Prince and Princess of Isenburg. But they will have to accept their daughters-in-law or risk estrangement with their sons.

Last edited by a moderator:
Recently there was an interesting Docu "Wo Grafen schlafen" on Servus T. where Archduke Eduard of Austria (as Eduard Habsburg) was one of the Moderators. They visited also Birstein Castle where Alexander and Victor showed them the Castle and talked with them. Alexander was also asked about a possible wife and when they said if his parents would agree he said he said something along "They would never interfere against my choice".
As for the marriages of the daughters at Sophie's Wedding the Fürst was asked how it came that all daughters made such noble marriages and he said "We simple had luck" or something like this.

Thanks Stefan you were faster than me. :) I also wanted to mention said documentary. I think it is even on youtube.

The first episode of Wo Grafen schlafen was also quite interesting! The family of one of Prince Philip's late sisters - the princely house of Hohenlohe-Langemburg - was shown and you can even see Prince Charles visiting them. :)

Like Stefan said, at the time of Sophie's wedding, her father was asked in an interview how he managed to "marry off" his daughters so well and he answered "by never telling them to do so". I think, like many other noble families, they paid attention in which circles their children move and to meet the right people. Alexander's fiancée isn't your usual girl off the street but comes from a long line of doctors and she moves in the Munich "Schickeria" (high society). I have been told that she is friends with a few members of the Wittelsbach family and also the Thurn und Taxis princesses. In the Servus TV documentary, Alexander also said that he never cared if his brothers-in-law were noble or not.

I believe that these tax questions only apply when something is imported from outside the EU? Iirc, the Habsburg tiara was smuggled in from Switzerland, which is not a member of the EU. There shouldn't be a tax if you are bringing something from Germany to Austria, and back again.

You only have to pay taxes if you buy something outside the country and bring it into your country of residence. If you travel from Germany to the United States, for example, and buy stuff over a certain amount of money, you need to pay taxes. That's why I kind of doubt that the Habsburg tiara back then was actually Zita's wedding tiara as that one was likely purchased in Austria. It's possible though that the Isenburg family does not have insurance for their jewels and thus decided not to take it to Austria. I have been told that many noble families only rarely take out their jewels from back safes as insurance for the pieces is ridiculously high and thus they decide not to have any. So if anything happened to the tiara, they'd need to pay for it themselves.

By the way, it's not uncommon for commoner and even noble brides not to wear tiaras for their wedding.

I like the fact that Wolfgang-Ernst, Prince of Ysenburg repurchased the Castle Ronneburg in 2010.
It is important that a castle as historic as this remain in the family.

A beautiful bride on a magnificent day!! :flowers::flowers::flowers:

Hereditary Prince Alexander von Isenburg, who celebrates 45th birthday today [eldest son of Prince Franz Alexander von Isenburg (b.1943) his wife Christine, née Countess von Saurma (b.1941)] married civilly Sarah Lorenz (b.1981) in Birstein Castle on 14 June.

Sources: Mariage civil du prince héritier d’Isembourg
Isenburg

How lovely that Sarah Lorenz wore the family tiara; and was that also the old family veil? I wonder were they are planning to live, will she commute between Munich and Birstein?

Interesting to see so many van Vollenhovens and Bourbon-Parmas amoung the guests. I wasn't aware that the families were so close.

I must admit that I am still a bit disappointed that Jungeun Anes Lee did not wear it at her wedding to Prince Viktor. Maybe that was because they got married in Austria? At least I hope that she was not excluded because of the family disapproving of her.

is it the Isenburg tiara ? Nice pictures of the 3 Sisters.
She did not wear her tiara for the boat party .

is it the Isenburg tiara ? Nice pictures of the 3 Sisters.
She did not wear her tiara for the boat party .
I made this comparison between Princess Sophie and Princess Sarah, and yes, I think it must be the Isenburg tiara.
http://s15.postimg.org/5b9esgiyz/Isenburg.jpg

I hope that some better close-up pictures of the new bride will still surface, so that we can admire the tiara better.

At the time of the prussian Wedding it was said that the Isenburg tiara and the Family Veil are only worn by born Princesses of Isenburg. 'So that is probably the reason the wife of Prince Victor did not wear it at her Wedding. In the past the married noble ladies who had their own Family tiara. I think they made an exception for the wife of the Hereditary Prince as she will get to wear the tiara one day anyway as wife of the Fürst.

Back
Top Bottom