The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 02-08-2011, 12:07 PM
Warren's Avatar
Administrator in Memoriam
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 15,476
Princely Houses of Erbach

Comital and Princely Houses of Erbach



Erbach Arms
__________________

__________________
Seeking information? Check out the extensive Royal A-Z
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-16-2011, 06:52 AM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Posts: 25
Princely Houses of Erbach

I wonder if anyone can help me solve a bit of a mystery

I have been looking at the descendents of Georg Ludwig of Erbach-Schönberg born 1 jan 1903 and Marie Margarethe Deringer and found two Xenias who I think may be the same person

Firstly Heins bruins on his site Descendants of Princess Julie von Battenberg Descendants of Princess Julie von Battenberg
shows her listed as an illigitimate daughter of Princess Edda Marie of Erbach-Schönberg and an unknown count of of Solms-Rödelheim und Assenheim

the listing is as follows:

1.1.2.2.Princess Edda Marie of Erbach-Schönberg (1930-1993), m.1951 (div 1960) Karl Josef Dierkes (1924-2008)
1.1.2.2.1.Anja Dierkes (*1952), m. ............ Ruser
1.1.2.2.1.1.Jannes Ruser
1.1.2.2.1.2.Nana Ruser
1.1.2.2.1.3.[by ............] Linus Dierkes
1.1.2.2.2.Petra Dierkes (*1953)
1.1.2.2.3.Jan-Wilm Dierkes (1956-1959)
1.1.2.2.4.Tatjana Dierkes (*1960)
1.1.2.2.5.[by Count ............ of Solms-Rödelheim und Assenheim] Xenia zu Erbach-Schönberg (*1963).

However Daryll Lundy's site "the Peerage "shows a Xenia being a daughter of Prinz Mayolf
thePeerage.com - Person Page 6343

This is suported by Geneall.net.
GeneAll.net - Xenia, Prinzessin zu Erbach-Schnberg

and Erbach 5.
where it also shows her as having died in the last century i.e 19??

Are these in fact the same person and does anyone have any more details.

Many Thanks
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-16-2011, 02:06 PM
MAfan's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: N/A, Italy
Posts: 5,536
She isn't listed at all in Paul Theroff's genealogy of Erbach Family; as children of Prince Maynolf are listed only Isabelle and Peter.

It would make sense if she indeed was the illegitimate daughter of Princess Edda, in this case she would have assumed her mother's surname zu Erbach-Schönberg and wouldn't be listed among the members of the Family.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-17-2011, 01:00 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: alpine village, Germany
Posts: 1,868
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAfan View Post
She isn't listed at all in Paul Theroff's genealogy of Erbach Family; as children of Prince Maynolf are listed only Isabelle and Peter.

It would make sense if she indeed was the illegitimate daughter of Princess Edda, in this case she would have assumed her mother's surname zu Erbach-Schönberg and wouldn't be listed among the members of the Family.
I'm a bit sad for the young lady as it is not her fault that her mother did not marry her father. And it's simply the law in Germany of today that the child of an unmarried mother bears the last name of said mother - be it Miller, Meier or Prinzessin von Erbach. It has nothing to do with the wish to appear as something she is not - and as she is the daughter of this Princess Edda, she is by blood a part of the family - just not "standesrechtlich" (according to nobility-laws) due to rules which went out of order nearly 100 years ago.

It's a different thing with Iris of Saxony and her daughters. Iris is the morganatic daughter of Timo of Saxony and, though having been married several times, gave birth to her daughters on declaring them fatherless, so they could legally use her name of Duchess of Saxony, Princess of Saxony.
At least one of the daughters, Xenia, tried to form a media career on using her "title" as a "Princess". That's IMHO taking advantage of very loose family relations and the name law of a country which didn't deprive the nobility of their traditions. And that's very, very tacky.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-30-2012, 06:08 PM
principessa's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Schweinfurt, Germany
Posts: 3,088
Does the current leader of the House Erbach-Fürstenau lead also the "Gräflich Erbach-Fürstenauische Verwaltung" in Beerfelden?
__________________
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-28-2013, 07:07 AM
IE3K's Avatar
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Balingen, Germany
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Lewis View Post
I wonder if anyone can help me solve a bit of a mystery

I have been looking at the descendents of Georg Ludwig of Erbach-Schönberg born 1 jan 1903 and Marie Margarethe Deringer and found two Xenias who I think may be the same person

Firstly Heins bruins on his site Descendants of Princess Julie von Battenberg Descendants of Princess Julie von Battenberg
shows her listed as an illigitimate daughter of Princess Edda Marie of Erbach-Schönberg and an unknown count of of Solms-Rödelheim und Assenheim

the listing is as follows:

1.1.2.2.Princess Edda Marie of Erbach-Schönberg (1930-1993), m.1951 (div 1960) Karl Josef Dierkes (1924-2008)
1.1.2.2.1.Anja Dierkes (*1952), m. ............ Ruser
1.1.2.2.1.1.Jannes Ruser
1.1.2.2.1.2.Nana Ruser
1.1.2.2.1.3.[by ............] Linus Dierkes
1.1.2.2.2.Petra Dierkes (*1953)
1.1.2.2.3.Jan-Wilm Dierkes (1956-1959)
1.1.2.2.4.Tatjana Dierkes (*1960)
1.1.2.2.5.[by Count ............ of Solms-Rödelheim und Assenheim] Xenia zu Erbach-Schönberg (*1963).

However Daryll Lundy's site "the Peerage "shows a Xenia being a daughter of Prinz Mayolf
thePeerage.com - Person Page 6343

This is suported by Geneall.net.
GeneAll.net - Xenia, Prinzessin zu Erbach-Schnberg

and Erbach 5.
where it also shows her as having died in the last century i.e 19??

Are these in fact the same person and does anyone have any more details.

Many Thanks
Xenia Pr. zu Erbach-Schönberg (*1963) is indeed the youngest daughter of Edda Marie. And she is still alive, working as an architect. There is no second Xenia - Prince Maynolf has only two children. It's just a mistake, that Xenia is listed as his daughter. She is his niece.

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa
Does the current leader of the House Erbach-Fürstenau lead also the "Gräflich Erbach-Fürstenauische Verwaltung" in Beerfelden?
Yes, that would be Raimund Gf. zu Erbach-Fürstenau.

Sorry for my poor english skills - but that at least allows information directly from Germany ;-)
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-10-2014, 11:06 PM
CyrilVladisla's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Conneaut, United States
Posts: 2,875
Count George III of Erbach-Breuberg (1548-1605) was heir of Reichenberg Castle.
He converted Reichenberg Castle into a Renaissance style fortress.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-06-2015, 11:32 AM
MAfan's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: N/A, Italy
Posts: 5,536
H.Ill.H. Count Franz zu Erbach-Erbach und von Wartenberg-Roth died on 2 October 2015 at his residence Jagdschloss Eulbach (near Michelstadt, Hessen, Germany).

He was born at Erbach on 5 February 1925, the second and last child of Count Alexander zu Erbach-Erbach and of his wife Christa, née von Zülow.
He was married firstly in 1952 to Princess Margarethe zu Waldeck und Pyrmont (1923-2003; she was the eldest daughter of Fürst Josias and of his wife, née Duchess Altburg of Oldenburg). They had two children together (Alexandra and Franz) before divorcing in 1979.
On the same year he remarried to Christa Blösinger (1947-2013), by whom he had a son named Magnus-Alexander.
He is survived by his three children and by their families.

Trauer um Graf Franz II. - Echo Online
Erbach

His son and successor Count Franz is married since 1985 to Princess Alexandra Reuss and they are parents of a daughter, Countess Felicitas, and two sons, Hereditary Count Georg-Albrecht and Count Konrad.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Princely House of Fürstenberg samitude Royal Families of Austria and Germany 135 10-13-2016 04:29 AM
Princely Houses of Isenburg and Ysenburg und Büdingen Warren Royal Families of Austria and Germany 91 09-29-2016 02:42 PM
Princely House of Hohenzollern Furienna The Royal House of Prussia and Princely House of Hohenzollern 159 09-11-2016 04:34 AM
Princely House of Auersperg Warren Royal Families of Austria and Germany 32 01-12-2016 08:39 AM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit calendar catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events duchess of cambridge duke of cambridge e-mail fashion poll fashio poll grand duke jean greece illegitimate children kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles princess madeleine princess marie princess marie style princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen rania in australia royal fashion september 2016 state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:17 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises