The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-29-2009, 02:36 PM
Nobility

Thanks to everyone for the very informative answers to my question.

Out of curiosity (although perhaps slightly off topic), does anyone know what are the other examples of families in which all the members are styled Fürst or Fürstin?

Also, a question for clarification: Are all of the Wrede family called Fürst or Fürstin because they received their title from the King of Bavaria rather that from the Holy Roman Emperor? In other words, if I were to learn that a particular family acquired its princely title from a Bavarian king instead of the HRE, would it be safe to assume that all members of that family are styled Fürst? Or could there be other reasons -- for example, that at some point a head of that family decreed that the title of Fürst would apply to all?

Thank you in advance.

Old 05-29-2009, 03:24 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I don't know exactly why al the members of this family are Furst or Furstin, but I don't think that it's because their is a bavarian title and not an austrian one.
About the other families whose members have this particular title, I know only the family of the Dukes of Hohenberg, whose members are Furst/Furstin, while the head if Duke.

Old 05-30-2009, 05:03 AM
Administrator

Since the discussion had moved into the interesting territory of the use of Fürst and Prinz, and von, zu, and von und zu, I have copied some posts over and moved others to the German Royal and Noble Titles thread in this forum.
Old 07-16-2009, 08:47 AM
Heir Presumptive

Princess Katharina of Wrede was sentenced to pay 100 Euros for not-inoculate her cattle.

Fürstin vor Gericht
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 02-01-2010, 03:47 PM
Commoner

How are the members of the von Wrede house styled ? His/Her Serene Highness or His/Her Princely Grace ? I have always been confused by this and cannot find any reference with members as HSH, much like that Prinz and Prinzessin von Altenburgs. Thanks in advance for any information.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:21 PM
Gentry

Today I just realised that Éva Kovarcz (aka Eva Katharina Kovarcz de Kovarczfalva aka Fürstin Katharina I guess), daughter of Dezsö Tibor László Kovarcz and Eva-Maria Fiala-Vogelsang, is the ex-wife of Prince Wilhelm Ernst of Saxe-Weimar (whose parents are Prince Bernhard of Saxe-Weimar and Princess Felicitas of Salm-Horstmar). But what is her surname exactly, Kovarcz de Kovarczfalva or simply Kovarcz? Where does ''de Kovarczfalva'' come from?
Old 06-08-2010, 09:32 PM
Courtier

Hmm,don't know,but I have read somewhere that she belongs to untitled nobility...
Old 06-09-2010, 12:24 AM
Aristocracy

Kovarcz de Kovarczfalva

The Hungarian noblesse often do not have prefixed titles, their territorial sufix is sufficient to indicate their nobility (as in the ancient nobility of Scotland and Spain) and a sort of title in itself. These ancient traditions predate the Austrian-Hungarian empire. Hungarian elites were taught in Latin and used French in polite society, so the de, as in "de Kovarczfalva" is a designation like the French (though not all French people with a de in their names are noble) and of that Ilk among the Scots, whom like the Hungarians can pass on their nobility through female descendants.

I personally do not hold any information on the Kovarcz of Kovarczfalva, but have no reason to believe they are not of the nobility of Hungary.
Old 03-15-2011, 04:43 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
Princess Katharina of Wrede was sentenced to pay 100 Euros for not-inoculate her cattle.

Fürstin vor Gericht
It seems Princesses-Consorts von Wrede always had problems with the law...

Hugely rich Princess Carmen von Wrede was accused of being a kleptomaniac because stealing silverware from various hotels around Europe and also Princess Anna von Wrede,born Princess von Lobkowicz who was condemned by a Vevey court to pay a fine for buying up and storing large quantities of food at her villa at Territet,which was in violation of Swiss law...
Old 12-30-2012, 07:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Birth of Prince Balint

Erbprinz [Hereditary Prince] Carl Christian von Wrede
(b.6 November 1972) [son of Carl Friedrich, Fürst von Wrede (b.1942) & his first wife Ingeborg, nee Hamberger (b.1944)]
& his wife Kathalina, née Countess Bethlen de Bethlen (b.20 September 1975)
had their third child, Prince Balint, sometime in 2012.

A sibling for Princess Alicia Claire Eugenie Sophie (7-12-2007) & Prince Carl Nikolaus (b. about 2010).

Source: Wrede
Old 09-06-2014, 10:33 PM
Serene Highness

Prince Karl Philipp von Wrede represented Bavaria at the Congress of Vienna.