Prince Albert II and the Princely House of Thurn und Taxis 3: 2011 - 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gloria of Thurn und Taxis has opened the annual Christmas market in the inner courtyard of St. Emmeram
Palace in Regensburg, Germany, today, November 24:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Two new outings for Princess Elisabeth ;)

On November 29, she attended the DIOR Miami Pop-Up Shop Featuring Anselm Reyle for DIOR in Miami:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

And yesterday, December 1st, Elisabeth - better dressed ;) - attended the Aby Rosen and Samantha
Boardman Dinner held at The Dutch, W South Beach, Miami:

** Pic **

Gloria of Thurn und Taxis has had a new public relations idea and now fills the German press with it:
she created a "Castle Rap" as an image campaign to attract more visitors for her castle St. Emmeram.
She arranged a video with pics of herself, the castle and her family and posted it at youtoube, the
text is quite simple "who lives there - it's the gloria" "who has been there before?" and information
about what can be seen and what events are offered during the year. Here's the link - I'm sure she's
pleased that it works out and is posted here as well ;)

Gloria TT - Schlossrap "Was ist denn schon dran an St. Emmeram?" - YouTube

She's always good for a surprise. I just love her way of promoting herself and the castle.
She knows what to do when money is needed and isn't afraid of trying out new things :lol:

Each new year brings new beginnings, and Vogue kicked off the season last night with a cocktail party to officially welcome Social Editor Chloe Malle, and Style Editor at Large Elisabeth von Thurn und Taxis to the magazine. Vogue’s Meredith Melling Burke, Sylvana Ward Durrett, Mark Holgate, and Virginia Smith invited guests to join them for celebratory drinks in honor of their newest fellow editors at the recently reopened Acme Restaurant. Guests Joseph Altuzarra, Lauren Santo Domingo, Seth Meyers and his girlfriend, Alexi Ashe, made their way to the Great Jones Street hotspot where they mingled and sipped on the bar’s signature cocktails, coyly named “Hotpants” and “Foxy Brown.” Malle, who stood out in a white feathered dress from Prabal Gurung’s spring 2012 collection, held court with a flock of friends by one of the leather booths. “She looks so beautiful, and not just because she’s wearing my dress!” exclaimed Gurung, who was thrilled to see Malle bring his design to life. Meanwhile, von Thurn und Taxis made her entrance at the other end of the restaurant wearing a Louis Vuitton frock, which she personalized with a chic fur coat, layered vintage Chanel necklaces, a Miu Miu bag, and studded pumps. “It’s like your Sweet Sixteen!” exclaimed Zac Posen as he greeted her with a warm hug. Turning to another guest, the designer added: “I’m so happy for her new position. And so pleased that she is able to express her artistic intellect and her historical flair!
Grand Debut - Parties - Vogue

:previous:
Princess Elisabeth, Vogue Style Editor at Large, Jan 2012

thumbnail is a cropped portion from a larger image

Attachments

• Princess Elisabeth, Vogue Magazine Style Editor at Large Jan 2012.jpg
    Princess Elisabeth, Vogue Magazine Style Editor at Large Jan 2012.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 378
that's great for Elizabeth her style has always been.. interesting best of luck to her

Das voman est brilliant und has been alvays. LOL. I love that Gloria wrote the lyrics herself.

Princess Elisabeth attended "Sandro and Dree Hemingway Celebrate Sandro's U.S. Boutique
Opening" held at Sandro Boutique in New York City on February 7, 2012.

** Pic **

Princess Elisabeth's ensemble is absolutely unflattering.

She certainly has an interesting sense of style. ;)

At least better than boring ;) Here's another new example:

Princess Maria Elisabeth attended the Lehmann Maupin gallery opening for Jürgen Teller
held at Lehmann Maupin LES, New York City, on February 11:

Leather, fur, animal print, colour and black in one outfit only...;)

** Pic **

Princess Elisabeth seems to revel in her position with Vogue.

...Leather, fur, animal print, colour and black in one outfit only...;) ** Pic **
totally that's what happens when your mom dresses up as a clown for the day... just because she feels like it. ah those kooky and loveable Thurn und taxis :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous:

It's in the genes :D

A lot of events to attend these days, I've found two more in the meantime:

Princess Elisabeth at the Boy And Girl By Band Of Outsider Fall 2012 fashion show (1&2)
and at the Altuzarra Fall 2012 fashion show (3) during the Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week
in New York City on February 11, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Given Princess Elisabeth's new position, she is going to visit as many fashion shows as possible. Ms. Meredith Melling Burke, Senior Market Editor for US Vogue, appears to have a somewhat tired look.

Princess Elisabeth attending the Thakoon Fall 2012 fashion show during Mercedes-Benz
Fashion Week in New York City on February 12, 2012:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Princess Elisabeth attended the Giambattista Valli Ready-To-Wear Fall/Winter 2012 show as
part of the Paris Fashion Week on March 5, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Princess Elisabeth at the Valentino Ready-To-Wear Fall/Winter 2012 show as part of the Paris
Fashion Week at the Espace Ephemere Tuileries on March 6, 2012.

Princess Elisabeth attended the 'Louis Vuitton - Marc Jacobs: The Exhibition' photocall as part
of the Paris Fashion Week at the Musee des Arts Decoratifs on March 7, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

And, also that day, she was present at the Louis Vuitton Ready-To-Wear Fall/Winter 2012 show:

Another appearance in Paris:

On March 7, Princess Elisabeth attended the Gucci Party also as part of the Paris Fashion Week:

** Pic **

Slowly I´m fed up with that Elisabeth. How about her sister M-Theresia? She should find a partner slowly, after all she´s already in her early 30ies.
And what about Albert? Is he still together with Xenia? And is an engagment forseeable?
But I´m not surprised if they all will have difficulties in finding a partner: I mean, who wants Gloriae as a mother-in-law....?;)

Of course. The son-in-laws who are acceptable for Mariae Gloria need to have pedigree, money, style and a heart of gold.... those men need not marry a T&T-princess who has potentially an over-inflated ego.

And a future daughter-in-law needs to be cut from the same block as Gloria, able to manage her husband and his possessions. I guess there are some princesses or ladies with ancient aristocratic roots out there, but will they necessarily fall for Albert and he for them? I bet his mother has already envited lots and lots of suitable young ladies for inspection, but so far, Albert does not seem to think he needs to hold on to the T&T-tradition. Or why date this Xenia Maculan?

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting topic. I think if Gloria won't approve any of her children's choice of future husband or wife, they'll have to do much effort in order to be accepted by her.

Or why date this Xenia Maculan?

At least they are related and she is descendant of many great families such as Liechtenstein,Furstenberg,Dietrichstein,Solms,Hohenlohe,Lippe,Hohenzollern, Fugger,Oettingen and so on and on...

Fearghas and Kataryn: You are absolutely right ! Gotha says: Maternal noble anchestors doesn't make a person noble himself ( except, if a head of state is female - like Victoria of Sweden for example).

@ Marc23 and Saschana: So much time and effort for HER ?! I'M fascinated, but you're good seekers.

By Gotha, Xenia is nothing ! ( In noble families they call commoners "unborn" - of course all nobles know that commoners were born someday, but "born" means get born to a noble family ).

But:
1) Albert is the Head of his house - in Germany we say Fürst which comes from First. So he has the possibilty to create houselaw right by his will. He can marry commonors without (house)legal problems.

But:
2) The question is: Who wears the trousers in T'n'T family ? Albert or Gloria ? Will Albert ever marry a women, that Gloria doesn't like ? May be in a few years he is that self confident, but I guess he is one of those guys that doesn't want to take place between two seats. I think he will always chose the less stressfull alternative - that means marrying a women that comes from at least a better common house.

Because:
3) Xenias father plays a strange role, that I didn't comletely comprehend until today ( And I'm not sure, if I ever want to ?). But in between: Xenias father fights a lawsuit against Mayr-Melnhof and didn't Albert quit his partnership to Mayr-Melnhof in GT1 ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom