Prince Albert II and the Princely House of Thurn und Taxis 3: 2011 - 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, as an editor of Vogue I understand that it is something she noticed and found striking. However, to share such a thing on a public social network & share it with thousands may not be the wisest thing to do. Esp. since her own very privileged background it can be conceived as 'schadenfreude' & in bad taste. But well, it isn't very surprising that these socialites are a bit detached from the real world of course.

Last edited:
My opinion is that it was very stupid and insensitive to use a photograph of a homeless person reading vogue and then put the title she did. I do feel that the people who commented on instagram were out of line too however labelling her a "digusting human being". Her humour is very odd - you might post a photograph of a baby or your grandfather "reading" vogue with that sort of comment but not a homeless person.

I think it was stupid but not meant to be cruel. She has helped the homeless before

Examples
https://instagram.com/p/VC385HMI5X/?modal=true

Last edited by a moderator:
I do agree that it was insensitive and thoughtless, particularly since the photo was taken without the homeless woman's consent. Some people on Instagram are looking at the photo in a different light and are saying that perhaps Elisabeth is trying to raise awareness of homelessness, but I disagree, particularly as she hasn't apologised to the homeless woman whom she took the photo of (I think her apology was just aimed at those who found the photo offensive). I think it was actually just something she found amusing, so decided to post it, which I find quite disrespectful.

Though I do agree with yorkshirerose that the comments on Instagram are going too far. I looked at her account on Instagram and the comments are now much more OTT than labelling her as "a disgusting human being".

The politically correct-mafia is usually very quick in using all kinds of offensive over-the-top remarks to label those they find incorrect. This time was no exception; the remarks are worse than the 'offense' -as is often the case on social networks. Although it was in bad taste, it is hardly worth the hullabaloo around it.

I suppose that it would be difficult for the princess to find the homeless woman, unless she will be posting at Paris streets for a few days/weeks. Something which is a bit excessive considering what happened.

The politically correct-mafia is usually very quick in using all kinds of offensive over-the-top remarks to label those they find incorrect. This time was no exception; the remarks are worse than the 'offense' -as is often the case on social networks. Although it was in bad taste, it is hardly worth the hullabaloo around it.

I suppose that it would be difficult for the princess to find the homeless woman, unless she will be posting at Paris streets for a few days/weeks. Something which is a bit excessive considering what happened.

The Daily Mail managed to find the homeless woman, who has been identified as Maryse Dumas. She told the Daily Mail "It's not nice taking pictures of people living on the street, that not polite".

(Source: Paris homeless woman hits back at Vogue style editor after 'cruel' Instagram photo | Daily Mail Online)

Whilst I do agree that people are making too much of a fuss about this incident, I do think Elisabeth should apologise to the homeless woman.

Thanks for that. That should make it easier for the princess ;). I am not sure if the Daily Mail sending a reporter to her is the best thing to do, but let's hope the lady at least received some money for it.

I think she should apologise in person but I dont think we the public should know if she does or doesnt.
Elisabeth made the mistake once of making a private moment in this woman's life public via Instagram there is no point making public gestures now. There will be critics who say she only did it to rehabilitate her public profile.
I think now that this story has been spread throughout the globe any action now will just feed the story. In my view she should have deleted the instagram much quicker (like within the first 20 mins) and made a more grovelling less defensive template style apology than she did on her instagram.
The truth is that until now in the eyes of the world she (along with her siblings) was a cuter, saner, nicer and less rude product of her slightly infamous debautched tactless parents.
Elisabeth shared her life with everyone to please Vogue and be a instagram celebrity but this lack of privacy has bit her hard. Maria Thereisa who doesnt write for vogue could have posted the photograph and it would never have been picked up by the media. If Gloria had posted the photograph only the german press would have been interested (and also taken it with a pinch of salt).

I think it is a very sad day for the family. I believe that a lot of people who would have been well disposed to her on royalty forums will never look at her the same way again.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really doubt that the opinion of posters on royalty forums will be on the minds of the princess or her relatives. It would be rather unhealthy if it was.

I don't think she made this on purpose.

Don't forget that she is very rich and extremely privileged, she simply couldn't have thought about consequences and privacy like many middle-class people would do.

It's a mistake but also a lesson for others.

I really doubt that the opinion of posters on royalty forums will be on the minds of the princess or her relatives. It would be rather unhealthy if it was.

Sorry Marengo. I suppose the way I put two sentences in the same paragraph it looks like I believe Gloria to spend her spare time trawling TRF :lol: .

What I meant were two thoughts:
1) Its a sad day for the family because Elisabeth is being slated in 40 countries in 20 languages online (the BBC even!). It cant be easy for the daughter/sister you love (and who you know to be a good person) to be publicily shamed. This faux pas could mean the end of her relationship with vogue as Elisabeth seems to have stopped doing fashion week.

2) The press coverage encourages horrible comments on twitter but also on royalist forums and blogs. This is undeniably brand damage as the creaters, posters and readers of royal forums are the very sort of people who might visit St Emmeram for a tour or attend the Christmas Market. I dare say a good percentage of the posters here have visited already. People who wish to visit St Emmeram will see on the website that it belongs to the TNT family and will go to forums like this (but also the less polite royal forums too) in an effort to learn more about this family with the 500 room Schloss. What they will find about her parents (especially her father) on other royal forums is quite unsavoury and now this. This is a very unattractive and could be quite off putting.

I don't think she made this on purpose.

Don't forget that she is very rich and extremely privileged, she simply couldn't have thought about consequences and privacy like many middle-class people would do.

It's a mistake but also a lesson for others.
Such faux pas is viewed as mere eccentricity by the upper circle.

:previous:

Thinking of the various strange and controversial comments Gloria has made over the years, I think you are right..

In the meantime Elisabeth has continued her time in Paris:

On March 6 she's been invited to the Christian Dior private dinner (1), on March 9 she attended the Giambattista Valli show (2+3) as well as the Sonia Rykiel show (4) and the Purple & Thaddeus Ropac cocktail party (5) and yesterday, March 11, she watched the Louis Vuitton show (6).

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

On March 26 Elisabeth was present at the Mary Katrantzou dinner at Wallace Collection in London:

** Pic **

Gloria attended the Easter Festival in Salzburg, Austria on March 31:

** Pic **

Maria Theresia and husband Hugo Wilson are expecting their first child this year!

Gloria has given an interview to München TV about her life, her husband, the castle and it's festival and when being asked about her children meeting and marrying other royals, she talked about Maria Theresia's relationship, saying "she is very happy, and she is expecting a child".

Here's the whole video, at around 13:40 comes the part with the announcement, in German of course:

** muenchentv video: Gloria von Thurn und Taxis **

** bunte.de: Sie ist schwanger! ** translation **

Congratulations to the happy couple, Princess Gloria and the other members of the family. :flowers:

Congratulations to all of them!

Congratulations to the couple!:flowers:
It is also a great news for Princess Gloria, Furst Albert, and Princess Elisabeth.

What wonderful news!
I can't help but wonder what wordrobe this baby will have!

Last edited:
What wonderful news!
I can't help but wonder what wordrobe this baby will have!

A very colorful one, i expect :lol: this is family is not one to stick to subdued "beige" :lol:

Elisabeth attended "Costume Institute Gala Benefit celebrating China: Through the Looking Glass" at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City on May 4:

** Pic **

On May 6 Gloria of Thurn und Taxis attended the dinner at 'Fondazione Cini, Isola Di San Giorgio' as part of the 2015 Venice Biennale:

** Pic **

Elisabeth was invited to the 'Icons of Style' dinner hosted by Michael Kors and Vanity Fair in London on May 14:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Maria Theresia and Hugo are expecting a daughter:

Netty Royal

Congratulations to them. :flowers:

It's interesting that they released the sex of their baby before her birth, IIRC Princess Isabella de Ligne did the same with her children.

I'm looking forward into seeing what they will name her.

I don't understant what don't say the sex before it's not so bad after all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom