Prince Albert II and the Princely House of Thurn und Taxis 3: 2011 - 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elisabeth at the Sonia Rykiel show (1) and at the Giambattista Valli show (2&3) as part of the Paris Fashion Week Womenswear Spring/Summer 2015 today, September 29:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

On September 30 Elisabeth attended the Chanel show and the Valentino show, today, October 1, she was seen at the Louis Vuitton show, all still as part of the Paris Fashion Week.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Elisabeth looking lovely in green attended a dinner to celebrate the Spanish luxury fashion house Delpozo in London on October 6:

Yesterday, October 14, Elisabeth attended the Frieze Art Fair preview day in London:

** Pic **

Maria Theresia (pictured with Iris van Herpen) attended as Dutch couturier Iris van Herpen revealed 'Metamorphosis', her design collaboration with Dom Perignon, in London on October 27, 2014.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Elisabeth attended the 11th annual CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Awards in New York City on November 3rd:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

On November 5 Elisabeth attended the Guggenheim International Gala Pre-Party made possible by Dior in New York City.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Elisabeth at the Solid & Striped x Poppy Delevingne launch in New York City on November 12:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Gloria was invited to the German Christmas TV-show 'Das Adventsfest der 100.000 Lichter' in Suhl, Germany, on November 29, 2014. Together with the host she sang a popular children's Christmas song. I haven't seen the whole show, but accidently exactly that part - it wasn't too bad :)

Princess Gloria looked nice.

Last edited:
Thanks for the video!
Princess Gloria is very comfortable with limelight.
By the way, is the Chritsmas market in St Emmeram profitable?

:previous:

I think it is. I've only read positive press reports about it during the last years and the rush of visitors doesn't seem to stop.

On December 15 Elisabeth attended the Louis Vuitton Montaigne Store Re-Opening party at the Louis Vuitton Avenue Montaigne Store in Paris. She's pictured with friend of the family Alexandra Borghese.

** Pic **

Several days ago I saw an interview with Gloria where she spoke about the Christmas market. She told how the castle facade was renovated, the castle got a new roof, etc. As the land and the woods no longer generate enough revenue to upkeep such a castle, they had to think about opening it more to the public and use it for events like the Christmas market. So I take it that the marke must be profitable, or they wouldn't bother with it. The same probably can be said about the music festival they hold in summer.

Christmas markets are enormously popular in Germany, they really attract the crowds. People are usually quite willing to spent good money on food, drink and hand-crafted presents and decorations. So it's no wonder that it pays off to hold it in such a lovely locaction as St. Emmeran castle.

Gloria was one of 53 recipients of this year's Bavarian Order of Merit. She received it from Bavarian Minister President Horst Seehofer during a ceremony in Munich, Germany, yesterday, December 17.

The Bavarian Order of Merit is awarded as a "grateful recognition for outstanding achievements in the Free State of Bavaria and for the Bavarian people".

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

I think it is. I've only read positive press reports about it during the last years and the rush of visitors doesn't seem to stop. ... [snipped]
Several days ago I saw an interview with Gloria where she spoke about the Christmas market. She told how the castle facade was renovated, the castle got a new roof, etc. As the land and the woods no longer generate enough revenue to upkeep such a castle, they had to think about opening it more to the public and use it for events like the Christmas market. So I take it that the marke must be profitable, or they wouldn't bother with it. The same probably can be said about the music festival they hold in summer.
Christmas markets are enormously popular in Germany, they really attract the crowds. People are usually quite willing to spent good money on food, drink and hand-crafted presents and decorations. So it's no wonder that it pays off to hold it in such a lovely locaction as St. Emmeran castle.
Thanks for the information!
It is great that the Christmas market yields reasonable returns. It would be fair to say that the huge St Emmeram requires serious upkeep.
On a different note, I have heard a lot about European Christmas markets/bazaar. They are festive.

Last edited:

Thanks for posting and welcome to the forums, deutscheradel! :flowers: It does indeed look like paradise! :)

On January 20 Elisabeth was back in much colder London and attended a dinner for Thakoon to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the brand and the launch of its new handbag collection at Loulou's:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Yesterday, January 26, Elisabeth attended the Christian Dior fashion show (1&2), the Giambattista Valli fashion show (3) and the launch of Sabine Ghanem's new jewellery collection (4) - all as part of the Paris Fashion Week:

Still busy at the Paris Fashion Week: on January 27 Elisabeth attended the Chanel show and a party for Dasha Zhukova' cover for Wall Street Journal:

With an eye-catching nose jewellery ;) Elisabeth attended the Fendi Flagship Store Opening Celebration Dinner in New York City on February 13

Elisabeth was pictured in the front row of the Proenza Schouler fashion show during Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Fall 2015 in New York City on February 18:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Elisabeth attended the Delfina Delettrez London Boutique Opening during London Fashion Week Fall/Winter 2015/16 on February 22. I like her special style, but that blue jacket is terrible :D

Elisabeth attended the Christian Dior 2015-2016 fall/winter ready-to-wear collection fashion show in Paris yesterday, March 6:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Photo on Vogue editor's Instagram deleted amid criticism - CNN.com
(CNN)A photo of what appeared to be a homeless person reading a copy of Vogue has been deleted from the Instagram account of the style editor who posted it amid criticism that it showed how "out of touch" she is.

Vogue style editor-at-large Elisabeth von Thurn und Taxis, a member of German royalty who has been with the magazine since 2012, posted the photo Saturday from Paris, where she is

"Paris is full of surprises....and @voguemagazine readers even in unexpected corners!" the caption read.

Style news website Fashionista, which first reported on the picture, called it the latest example showing how "disturbingly out of touch" she is.

"... The things she writes, both in Vogue and on social media, often straddle the line between entertaining/aspirational and disturbingly out of touch. On Saturday she crossed that line," the article said.

And from the daily mail:

Vogue editor provokes fury with photo of homeless woman holding fashion magazine - captioned 'readers in unexpected corners!'
Style editor Elisabeth von Thurn und Taxis posted the photo on Saturday
Commenters said it was taken 'in poor taste' and was 'cruel'
Von Thurn und Taxis commented, 'Why Cruel? The person to me is as dignified as anyone else!'
The 32-year-old deleted the photo within five hours of posting it

Read more: Vogue editor Elisabeth von Thurn und Taxis provokes fury with photo of homeless woman | Daily Mail Online

It seems she doesn't know what to do as she reacts in two different ways: she deleted her picture while she doesn't see what was cruel about it.

I personally think that it is utter mauvais ton to take and post photographs of homeless people or other people without their knowledge or consent. The only positive thing about the photograph in question is that we could not see the homeless lady's face.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom