Prince Albert II and the Princely House of Thurn und Taxis 3: 2011 - 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous:

In case he had married we would have heard about it for sure as he's the head of the Princely House of Thurn und Taxis.

By now Elisabeth is back in the USA and attended the sneak preview and U.S. premiere of "A Portrait of Louise Bourgeois Grabigouji: Life of Disappearance" at FIAF Gallery at Florence Gould Hall in New York City on March 8, 2013.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

I see there are a lot of suff about Princess Elisabeth, wich is great....But, where is Maria-Theresia??? I miss her.

I only ask about Albert because the prince seems to be low key? Fly under the radar of sorts! Not to me toon it's been awhile since I have heard anything about them other than Princess Elizabeth.

Last edited by a moderator:
I see there are a lot of suff about Princess Elisabeth, wich is great....But, where is Maria-Theresia??? I miss her.

I think Maria Theresia is in more low key life and profession .that's why you don't see much of her.while Elizabeth has taken a more high profile job in the fashion industry

Elisabeth again..;):)

She attended the "Dior and Bergdorf Goodman Host a Dinner to Fete the Launch of Raf Simons' Debut Pret-a-Porter Collection for Spring 2013" held at The Four Seasons Restaurant in New York City on March 12, 2013.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Some other recent TnT news...

7 March 2013 - Prince Albert named #974 on Forbes Rich List
Prince of Thurn and Taxis is on Forbes list at No. 974
"Albert's fortune is estimated at 1.5 billion euros [US$2b, £1.3b, AUS$1.9b] and is thus 100 million euros higher than the previous estimate."

24 March 2013 - Princess Gloria Holding Etiquette Seminars
Princess Gloria in World on Sunday: "The Russians do'm sorry!"
@ €1 800 per head [US$2350, £1520, AUS$2275].
"The idea for the etiquette seminar, however, was because I was always reached in my circle of friends and business district questions about etiquette: What should I wear during a state reception at? Whom I greet in a big first round? How do I get the business dinner from small talk to business? You have to know the rules to break them can. And that I used a bit of provocation, which is a privilege of youth!"

The princess just certifies young people a major backlog in manners: "We live in a highly globalized world. And many young people are catching up on all the basic things that were not taught them at home and at school. But the etiquette is important for young people who are traveling on the international stage. This is a business card for Germany itself."

"...In the business context, I often observe that businessmen do not look into the eyes of her interlocutor, but on her cell phone. This is a further affront."

According to Gloria nobles have a big commitment to good behavior: "And we should all strive. But this one is the theory and the practical implementation of the other...The nobility - those are only human.. Ernst August of Hanover-Brunswick, for example, is one of the most polite people in the world. Royal polite! But if it bothers you, then it's out with the courtesy."

Their own manners, incidentally learned not only from their parents but also by a representative of the British Royal Family Gloria: "From Prince Charles, for example. What fascinated me about him enormously, his behavior in a crowded room. Although there are thousands of people there, and he speaks to each person half a minute - half this minute he is yours alone, and it gives you the feeling that there is nothing more important in the world than you. This has inspired me tremendously. And then there are also people of high rank that while they talk to you, even appraise the room if there is not someone, somewhere, who is much more important. This is of course incredibly insulting. So I would rather be like Prince Charles."

1 April 2013 - Sensation: Regensburg buys Gloria's portrait of the Lord Mayor!
Sensation: Regensburg buys Gloria's portrait of the Lord Mayor!
Princess Gloria is being paid €2 000 to paint a portrait of Regensburg's Mayor. Provision for the amount has been made in the Municipal budget.

Last edited:
Princess Elisabeth's ensemble appears to fit the theme "Punk: Chaos to Couture".
The punk theme and Vogue-sponsored event did not match well. NY socialites wore usual couture dresses. Hollywood lot opted for ugly make-up. Ms. Wintour thought that the ugly flowery piece by Chanel was punk.

Last edited:
Well she does have the best resource in "punk" couture in her mother. She was the original punk princess. All kidding aside the dress actually looks well made and the color is very nice on her. And the shoes are awesome!

On May 12 Elisabeth was invited to "The Brant Foundation Exhibition Preview and Opening Party for Andy Warhol" held at The Brant Foundation Art Study Center, Greenwich, CT.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Ah yes, Peter Brant and Stephanie Seymore the Victoria's Secret model formerly with Axel Rose have put aside their differences and reconciled after the VERY ugly divorce and are once again fixtures on the Greenwich circuit ...

Gloria of Thurn und Taxis attended Aby Rosen's birthday party at the Paramount Hotel in New York on May 16:

** Pic **

Gloria of Thurn und Taxis attended the presentation of the book "Sei kein Spießer, sei katholisch!" von Wilhelm Imkamp in Berlin today, June 27. The title says "Don't be a square, be catholic", so she could nearly have written it herself ;)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Yesterday, July 1, Elisabeth of Thurn und Taxis attended the Christian Dior show as part of the Paris Fashion Week Haute-Couture Fall/Winter 2013-2014:

** Pic ** (hard to decide which outfit looks worse ;))

and she's been a guest at the Giambattista Valli show in Paris that same day:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Elisabeth attended the Valentino show as part of Paris Fashion Week and 'The Glory Of Water' : Karl Lagerfeld's Exhibition Preview and Fendi new shop opening party - Diner at Petit Palais on July 3, 2013 in Paris.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

....Elisabeth of Thurn und Taxis attended the Christian Dior show...and she's been a guest at the Giambattista Valli show.
Both = Bad!

Well, that's fair ;)

Gloria of Thurn und Taxis and her sister Maya of Schönburg-Glauchau attended a concert of Bryan Ferry at the Tollwood-Festival in Munich, Germany on July 3rd:

Picture three is a cute one of the two sisters! Gloria looks happy in them all, but this is a sweet one of the two.

That beard makes Albert look a lot older than he is!

Thanks for the photos!
It is nice to see Princess Gloria attending public events. She appears to be a bundle of energy. Looking at the Thurn und Taxis family photos, I would say that they are very tight-knit. Furst Albert's mustache does not flatter him at all.

** Pic 2 ** ** Pic 3 **

It appears that Albert is preparing to audition for the role of Hercule Poirot.

Gloria of Thurn und Taxis and her friend Andre Leon Talley attended the annual Bayreuth Festival opening in Bayreuth, Germany today, July 25, 2013:

Elisabeth attended the event "Evening of Dinner & Dancing" in London on July 24:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Does anyone have any knowledge about the von Thur und Taxis' during WWII or after WWI?
I know the Nazi movement started in southern Germany, and I was just wondering what the families involvment or lack there of was during this time.

Fürst Albert of Thurn und Taxis, the grandfather of the late Fürst Johannes, looked down on Adolf Hitler with disdain. When in 1936 Hitler visited Regensburg and wished to pay a call at St Emmeram's, Fürst Albert declined to receive him. The incident was not forgotten. The family were kept under watch by the Gestapo and during WWII Johannes's father, Prince Karl August, was arrested and imprisoned. Accused of referring to Hitler in derogatory terms and of listening to the BBC, he spent the rest of the war behind bars. As a form of retaliation against the family one of the Thurn und Taxis castles outside of Regensburg was selected as a decoy for RAAF bombing raids and was thus painted and lit to look from the air like the nearby armaments factory.

- "Aristocrats" by Robert Lacey

Elisabeth attended the Louis Vuitton 'Timeless Muses' exhibition at the Tokyo Station Hotel in Tokyo on August 29, 2013.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom