The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > Royal Families of Germany and Austria

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-04-2012, 11:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Spletnik -"Garage" magazine party for the fashion world
Princess Elisabeth was among the attendees.

Old 03-05-2012, 04:37 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Princess Elisabeth attended the Giambattista Valli Ready-To-Wear Fall/Winter 2012 show as
part of the Paris Fashion Week on March 5, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Old 03-07-2012, 04:18 AM
Super Moderator

Princess Elisabeth at the Valentino Ready-To-Wear Fall/Winter 2012 show as part of the Paris
Fashion Week at the Espace Ephemere Tuileries on March 6, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **
Old 03-09-2012, 04:00 AM
Super Moderator

Princess Elisabeth attended the 'Louis Vuitton - Marc Jacobs: The Exhibition' photocall as part
of the Paris Fashion Week at the Musee des Arts Decoratifs on March 7, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

And, also that day, she was present at the Louis Vuitton Ready-To-Wear Fall/Winter 2012 show:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **
Old 03-11-2012, 04:06 AM
Super Moderator

Another appearance in Paris:

On March 7, Princess Elisabeth attended the Gucci Party also as part of the Paris Fashion Week:

** Pic **
Old 03-11-2012, 01:42 PM
Courtier

Slowly I´m fed up with that Elisabeth. How about her sister M-Theresia? She should find a partner slowly, after all she´s already in her early 30ies.
And what about Albert? Is he still together with Xenia? And is an engagment forseeable?
But I´m not surprised if they all will have difficulties in finding a partner: I mean, who wants Gloriae as a mother-in-law....?
Old 03-11-2012, 02:02 PM
Royal Highness

Of course. The son-in-laws who are acceptable for Mariae Gloria need to have pedigree, money, style and a heart of gold.... those men need not marry a T&T-princess who has potentially an over-inflated ego.

And a future daughter-in-law needs to be cut from the same block as Gloria, able to manage her husband and his possessions. I guess there are some princesses or ladies with ancient aristocratic roots out there, but will they necessarily fall for Albert and he for them? I bet his mother has already envited lots and lots of suitable young ladies for inspection, but so far, Albert does not seem to think he needs to hold on to the T&T-tradition. Or why date this Xenia Maculan?
Old 03-11-2012, 05:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

Interesting topic. I think if Gloria won't approve any of her children's choice of future husband or wife, they'll have to do much effort in order to be accepted by her.
Old 03-11-2012, 09:04 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
Or why date this Xenia Maculan?
At least they are related and she is descendant of many great families such as Liechtenstein,Furstenberg,Dietrichstein,Solms,Hohenlohe,Lippe,Hohenzollern, Fugger,Oettingen and so on and on...
Old 03-13-2012, 06:54 AM
Nobility

Fearghas and Kataryn: You are absolutely right ! Gotha says: Maternal noble anchestors doesn't make a person noble himself ( except, if a head of state is female - like Victoria of Sweden for example).

@ Marc23 and Saschana: So much time and effort for HER ?! I'M fascinated, but you're good seekers.

By Gotha, Xenia is nothing ! ( In noble families they call commoners "unborn" - of course all nobles know that commoners were born someday, but "born" means get born to a noble family ).

But:
1) Albert is the Head of his house - in Germany we say Fürst which comes from First. So he has the possibilty to create houselaw right by his will. He can marry commonors without (house)legal problems.

But:
2) The question is: Who wears the trousers in T'n'T family ? Albert or Gloria ? Will Albert ever marry a women, that Gloria doesn't like ? May be in a few years he is that self confident, but I guess he is one of those guys that doesn't want to take place between two seats. I think he will always chose the less stressfull alternative - that means marrying a women that comes from at least a better common house.

Because:
3) Xenias father plays a strange role, that I didn't comletely comprehend until today ( And I'm not sure, if I ever want to ?). But in between: Xenias father fights a lawsuit against Mayr-Melnhof and didn't Albert quit his partnership to Mayr-Melnhof in GT1 ?
Old 03-13-2012, 07:36 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphine View Post
But in between: Xenias father fights a lawsuit against Mayr-Melnhof
It seems he won the first round according to the papers - Maculan was granted the right to get payment for promoting MM's interests in Russia - that was denied to him by his wife's nephew but the court said what Maculan did as intermediary was valuable work and need to be payed. Not even relatives do such networking without payment.

Now the next lawsuit is about how much Maculan will get, as MM says the value of his work is just EUR 210.000 (cost of the first deal) while he claims it's the whole value of the complete deal... It remains to be seen what the judge will decide.

Quote:
and didn't Albert quit his partnership to Mayr-Melnhof in GT1 ?
AFAI could find out, Albert is still with the racing team of Reiter Engineering but Nikolaus Mayr-Melnhof quit. No reasons given for that.
Old 03-13-2012, 09:35 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
Countess as mother is probably not enough for Gloria...
I agree with you...but,in these kind of times one must think better something than nothing!

Although,one must say how many noble/noble marriages have we seen in past few years,specially in Germany it would be a shame not to find someone "proper"!
Old 03-13-2012, 09:41 AM
Heir Presumptive

Nearly all the modern heirs to the throne or their siblings have not of noble or royal blood husbands and wives and sometimes even not so rich. Sometimes their choices were criticized before the marriage and then turned to be very happy matches, as example the case of CP Mette-Marrit of Norway.
I wonder what would be Gloria's reaction in such a case.
Old 03-13-2012, 10:58 AM
Nobility

I think for Gloria it is more important that Maria and Elisabeth marry nobles so that they won't lose their titles, for Albert a nice, well off, devout catholic girl would probably fine. In any case, Albert doesn't need to change any house rules, his father's will stated that his son could marry whoever he wants to.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:03 AM
Heir Presumptive

Should the bride be obligatory Catholic?
I mean ,if she is a Protestant or of another Christian confession,she should then become Catholic.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:21 AM
Nobility

I think the family would highly prefer someone who already comes from a staunchly catholic family. Gloria once said in an interview that she wants "a nice, catholic girl" for Albert.

I actually always wonder how well-liked she is in the noble circles. Most of the German noble families prefer to stay out of the media, just make it into the papers when they are born, get married or die, alternatively for charity reasons or because they are commited to the community life in the village they live in. Gloria and her children, especially Elisabeth, are more celebrity kind of people. I remember Gloria being critisised at the requiem for Archduke Otto for being to smiley and posing for too much pictures.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:22 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenora View Post
Should the bride be obligatory Catholic?
I mean ,if she is a Protestant or of another Christian confession,she should then become Catholic.
We don't know how "catholic" Albert is. Gloria wasn't always so openly pro-papist (for she is more than Catholic, she is a traditional Catholic like the Pope who was for a long time professor in Regensburg, so she knows him).
Albert was born in 1983. Gloria in a TV-interview stated that she found her own active faith in 1995. That gives Albert 12 years to grow up without his mother being a hard-core missionary. So there is a wide range of possibilities of how much Albert's choice will be influenced by the bride's faith.

As for becoming the next Senior Princess (or Fürstin): in any case Albert's wife will attend mass on the high Catholic feasts of Bavaria like Christmas night, Easter etc. These days are surrounded by ceremonies and private rituals which belong to the family and therefore she will take part in these, surely. But I don't see that she should do a pilgrimage to Rome for an audience with the pope if she doesn't want to - whoever she will be.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:39 AM
Nobility

Considering that his sisters are also devoutly catholic and they had more time to grow up without their mother's strong faith, it is likely that he is just as catholic. I think I also read about him doing pilgrimages (like he ones to Lourdes every year that his mother, sisters, aunt and cousins are doing).
Old 03-13-2012, 11:49 AM
Nobility

I think there are 3 possibilities:

1) He marries Waity-Xenia like William ( because after some years Albert is too lazy or whatever to go for a new girl and feels responsible for her)

2) He marries a catholic noble/ royal girl

3) He does something really crazy and shocks us all (and Gloria) by marrying a protestant commonor with interesting past ( may be a second Mette Marit)

I'd prefer 3) because I love Mette and I love to get astonished
Old 03-13-2012, 12:03 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saschana View Post
Considering that his sisters are also devoutly catholic and they had more time to grow up without their mother's strong faith, it is likely that he is just as catholic. I think I also read about him doing pilgrimages (like he ones to Lourdes every year that his mother, sisters, aunt and cousins are doing).
My son went with the Maltese Medical helpers to Lourdes as well, even though he is not a Catholic. Supporting the pilgrimages to Lourdes is more of volunteer's gift to sick people who hope for a miracle than a pilgrimage for oneself. You need not be a Catholic to join the Maltese order's helpers you only have to accept attending Catholic mass on some occasions.

Tags
german royalty, gloria, princess gloria, thurn und taxis