Prince Albert II and the Princely House of Thurn und Taxis 3: 2011 - 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But in between: Xenias father fights a lawsuit against Mayr-Melnhof

It seems he won the first round according to the papers - Maculan was granted the right to get payment for promoting MM's interests in Russia - that was denied to him by his wife's nephew but the court said what Maculan did as intermediary was valuable work and need to be payed. Not even relatives do such networking without payment.

Now the next lawsuit is about how much Maculan will get, as MM says the value of his work is just EUR 210.000 (cost of the first deal) while he claims it's the whole value of the complete deal... It remains to be seen what the judge will decide.

and didn't Albert quit his partnership to Mayr-Melnhof in GT1 ?

AFAI could find out, Albert is still with the racing team of Reiter Engineering but Nikolaus Mayr-Melnhof quit. No reasons given for that.

Countess as mother is probably not enough for Gloria...

I agree with you...but,in these kind of times one must think better something than nothing!

Although,one must say how many noble/noble marriages have we seen in past few years,specially in Germany it would be a shame not to find someone "proper"!

Last edited:
Nearly all the modern heirs to the throne or their siblings have not of noble or royal blood husbands and wives and sometimes even not so rich. Sometimes their choices were criticized before the marriage and then turned to be very happy matches, as example the case of CP Mette-Marrit of Norway.
I wonder what would be Gloria's reaction in such a case.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think for Gloria it is more important that Maria and Elisabeth marry nobles so that they won't lose their titles, for Albert a nice, well off, devout catholic girl would probably fine. In any case, Albert doesn't need to change any house rules, his father's will stated that his son could marry whoever he wants to.

Should the bride be obligatory Catholic?
I mean ,if she is a Protestant or of another Christian confession,she should then become Catholic.

I think the family would highly prefer someone who already comes from a staunchly catholic family. Gloria once said in an interview that she wants "a nice, catholic girl" for Albert.

I actually always wonder how well-liked she is in the noble circles. Most of the German noble families prefer to stay out of the media, just make it into the papers when they are born, get married or die, alternatively for charity reasons or because they are commited to the community life in the village they live in. Gloria and her children, especially Elisabeth, are more celebrity kind of people. I remember Gloria being critisised at the requiem for Archduke Otto for being to smiley and posing for too much pictures.

Should the bride be obligatory Catholic?
I mean ,if she is a Protestant or of another Christian confession,she should then become Catholic.

We don't know how "catholic" Albert is. Gloria wasn't always so openly pro-papist (for she is more than Catholic, she is a traditional Catholic like the Pope who was for a long time professor in Regensburg, so she knows him).
Albert was born in 1983. Gloria in a TV-interview stated that she found her own active faith in 1995. That gives Albert 12 years to grow up without his mother being a hard-core missionary. So there is a wide range of possibilities of how much Albert's choice will be influenced by the bride's faith.

As for becoming the next Senior Princess (or Fürstin): in any case Albert's wife will attend mass on the high Catholic feasts of Bavaria like Christmas night, Easter etc. These days are surrounded by ceremonies and private rituals which belong to the family and therefore she will take part in these, surely. But I don't see that she should do a pilgrimage to Rome for an audience with the pope if she doesn't want to - whoever she will be.

Considering that his sisters are also devoutly catholic and they had more time to grow up without their mother's strong faith, it is likely that he is just as catholic. I think I also read about him doing pilgrimages (like he ones to Lourdes every year that his mother, sisters, aunt and cousins are doing).

I think there are 3 possibilities:

1) He marries Waity-Xenia like William ( because after some years Albert is too lazy or whatever to go for a new girl and feels responsible for her)

2) He marries a catholic noble/ royal girl

3) He does something really crazy and shocks us all (and Gloria) by marrying a protestant commonor with interesting past ( may be a second Mette Marit)

I'd prefer 3) because I love Mette and I love to get astonished

Considering that his sisters are also devoutly catholic and they had more time to grow up without their mother's strong faith, it is likely that he is just as catholic. I think I also read about him doing pilgrimages (like he ones to Lourdes every year that his mother, sisters, aunt and cousins are doing).

My son went with the Maltese Medical helpers to Lourdes as well, even though he is not a Catholic. Supporting the pilgrimages to Lourdes is more of volunteer's gift to sick people who hope for a miracle than a pilgrimage for oneself. You need not be a Catholic to join the Maltese order's helpers you only have to accept attending Catholic mass on some occasions.

Last edited:
There are many examples of noble/noble marriages in recent years,especially in Germany as Albert is also part of that set:

Interesting that Gloria's brother Count Alexander married Princess Irina of Hesse, thus becoming the grand-nephew of the Duke of Edinburgh and the Queen by marriage, as Irina's grandmother was Prince Philip's sister Sofia of Greece and Denmark.

Interesting that Gloria's brother Count Alexander married Princess Irina of Hesse, thus becoming the grand-nephew of the Duke of Edinburgh and the Queen by marriage, as Irina's grandmother was Prince Philip's sister Sofia of Greece and Denmark.

Exactly...it seems that Germany is still some kind of an "island" where noble marriages are not that rare...

Seraphine is right about nobles mingling in the same circles, the university Albert attended is popular for catholic nobles; when he was there he was close friends with Lukas Auersperg (who is Xenia's former boyfriend) and Lukas' wife Alice Bayern also attended the University of Edinburgh, I also know that Nassau's and Limburg-Stirum's are studying there.

Exceptions prove the rule. Of course Archduke Imre and Archduke Christoph will also marry commoners this year while their sister Marie-Christine married a Limburg-Stirum. I always had the impression that the Thurn und Taxis' are more catholic than the Fürstenberg's.
Regarding the Hannover's, neither Ernst nor Christian are married yet, and one shouldn't mix up catholic and protestant nobles; my impression is that the catholic crowd sticks together much more than the protestants. Plus it is always a difference if you already have a mother who was a commoner or if your mother is from a titled family.
Thirdly, I think it is more important for noble girls to marry equal partners, men do not lose their titles (sometimes their right to inherited) when they marry a commoner.

I find it quite ironic, given Gloria's *ahem* colorful past that she can say she wants 'a nice Catholic girl' for her son. Dare we cast our minds back to when Johannes TandT was alive? Phallus candles on the birthday cake at the party thrown by Gloria? She did not earn the nickname Princess TNT by dint of the initials.

It always depends on the parents and sometimes nobles go their own way, because they're sick of their circles, routines and rules. And sometimes love just makes click ( as Victoria would have described it).

Look at this hereditary princes: Hubertus of Saxe Coburg Gotha married an american women and Bernhard of Baden married a commoner who even is his senior.

The lengthy discussion of pedigrees and various extended lines of descent has been moved to the Germanic States and Families thread in the Royal Genealogy forum.

So,if Albert marries Xenia their children would be related...

Among other interesting things is that Fürst Albert von Thurn und taxis is one most famous living descendants of Erzebeth Bathori,the Blood Countess...

Princess Elisabeth attended the 'Louis Vuitton - Marc Jacobs: The Exhibition' photocall...
I just saw that you posted 3 similar posts in a row. Elisabeth attending all these fashion shows, I mean. ;) So I'd like to ask: what's her daily job? She was a blogger and journalist, if I remember correctly. Does she write about fashion?

I just saw that you posted 3 similar posts in a row. Elisabeth attending all these fashion shows, I mean. ;) So I'd like to ask: what's her daily job? She was a blogger and journalist, if I remember correctly. Does she write about fashion?

Her uncle Alexander von Schönburg, used to be editor of Vanity Fair before he moved on to work Germany's greatest tabloid, so might have helped her find a job as associate editor at Vanity Fair, fashion section.

Thank you all for replying!! :flowers: Her presence at all these fashion shows makes sense now. I think it is a very interesting career, particularly for a young girl from nobility. Good luck to her!

:previous:

I L-O-V-E IT!!! :lol: :ROFLMAO:

I already loved the rap song per se, now with this video - too precious! :D
While I do not agree with everything Gloria's thinks and says, it would be boring without her. She should have become an entertainer or so, she's also been very funny during carnival.

Last edited:
Oh, my! You're right Dierna23; it would be so boring without Gloria! :ROFLMAO:
Love it, thanks for sharing the video, iceflower! :flowers:

Last edited:

Gloria of Thurn und Taxis has presented her Castle Rap (see my post on page 4 of this thread) at a
German TV-show on Saturday, March 17, 2012. It's not for the faint-hearted..;)

Interestingly this show was winner of that evening when it came to the amount of viewers... Good for Gloria!

The playback was bad and the performance not in sinc, but I like the way the song promotes Regensburg and the palace of St. Emmeran, for it's worth stopping there and even travel there by purpose.

She is unique indeed!
She would have been a perfect actress.Gloria reminds me in a way of Princess Michael of Kent, both have German ancestry and like original gothic styles, " a la Vivienne Westwood".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom