Prince Albert II and the Princely House of Thurn und Taxis 3: 2011 - 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Albert participates in the 2018 European Rally Championship ERC Rally di Roma Capitale from July 20 to July 22:

** Pic **

Mafalda has turned 3 and proud father Hugo Wilson shared two photos of her unwrapping presents and running through the house ;)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Albert participated in the 2018 European Rally Championship ERC Barum rally from August 24 to 26:

** Pic **

:previous:
Thanks for the update!:flowers:

One has to respect Princess Gloria's consistent views on certain subjects.

Last edited:

I have no problem with her either. True Freedom of Speech and of Thought - for me- means that one can hold views which are not mainstream. And I have the freedom to agree or disagree with said views.

You're most welcome as always! :flowers: And I do so. I share Duc_et_Pair's opinion, but I guess you've spoken in a general way anyway ?

Yesterday, September 8, Gloria supported the march "Demo for all" in Regensburg. The demonstrating group criticizes, among other things, that young children were confronted with sex education much too early.

"I am here because I think that children should not be confronted so early with non-child-friendly topics. It's also a form of child abuse", Gloria said.

Counter-demonstrators accuse the group of homophobia and of spreading "absurd and unrealistic rumors about alleged teaching methods in schools".

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

** mittelbayrische article with video: Fürstin unterstützt kontroverse Demo ** translation **

On September 16 Elisabeth attended the Simone Rocha show during London Fashion Week and on September 17 she was seen at the Roksanda show:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Elisabeth attended the Frieze dinner at Chucs in London yesterday, October 3, to celebrate the launch of the OKAPI x RIKY RICK x LADUMA collaboration:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Princess Elisabeth attend the celebration of the partnership between GARAGE and Gemfields and their collaboration with Francesca DiMattio at The Groucho Club on 4 October in London

https://media.gettyimages.com/photo...-und-taxis-attend-the-of-picture-id1045675178
https://media.gettyimages.com/photo...-und-taxis-attend-the-of-picture-id1045675690
https://media.gettyimages.com/photo...holas-kirkwood-and-korek-picture-id1045675644

Princess Gloria and Bill Clinton, former US President, in the Kaefer tent at the Oktoberfest today 5 October

https://media.gettyimages.com/photo...rn-und-taxis-and-bill-us-picture-id1046109330
https://media.gettyimages.com/photo...rn-und-taxis-and-bill-us-picture-id1046109316

Last edited:
Gloria participated in the German TV-show "Wer weiß denn sowas?" (loosely translated: Who knows stuff like this?!) that was shown yesterday, October 12:

Hugo Wilson, husband of Maria Theresia, suffered from a life-threatening lung collapse (pneumothorax) and had to undergo emergency surgery in Los Angeles last week. Wilson has already left the clinic (and posted the photo below), but he is not allowed to fly for six weeks.

** Pic ** bunte: Lungenkollaps: große Sorge um ihren Schwiegersohn **

Gloria participated in the German TV-show "I know everything" that was aired yesterday, November 10:

** Pic ** video **

Gloria and her daughters and son-in-law attended a mass for the deceased members of the family:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Last edited:

Hugo Wilson got two portraits of his daughters as a Christmas present from Maria Theresia:

** Mafalda ** Maya **

And artist Vanessa Garwood shared a making-of (including a photo of Mafalda and one of Maria Theresia with Maya):

** Photos **

Last edited:
El Museo del Barrio, a museum specialized in Latin American and Caribbean art in New York City, had planned to honour Gloria at its upcoming 50th anniversary gala. Following massive criticism the museum cancelled the plan this week, announcing:

"As a cultural institution founded on the principles of inclusion, civil rights and diversity, El Museo del Barrio is committed to honoring individuals that uphold those values and support the elevation of Latino and Latin American art and culture both in the United States and beyond. As a result, El Museo del Barrio has decided to part ways with H.S.H. Princess Gloria von Thurn und Taxis."

Gloria is quoted stating: "I am disappointed to what degree the society is divided today and that there seems to be absolutely no room for tolerance whatsoever. My conservative religious views have absolutely no impact on my open mind on cultural diversity and inclusion. I have been friends with all sorts of people of different political and religious views all my life."

For more see here:

** nytimes: El Museo del Barrio Drops Plan to Honor German Socialite **

EL MUSEO DEL BARRIO REVOKES PLAN TO HONOR RIGHT-WING GERMAN PRINCESS

El Museo del Barrio, the New York–based museum dedicated to Latino and Latin American art and culture, announced yesterday that it would no longer be honoring Princess Gloria von Thurn und Taxis—the conservative Catholic German princess, art collector, and socialite known for her close ties to Stephen Bannon, leaders of far-right political parties in Germany and France, orthodox Roman Catholic officials, and Hillary Clinton—at their fiftieth-anniversary gala in May. Bannon recently mentioned his plan to open up his “Gladiator School,” a media and theological training ground he has envisioned for far-right Catholics who find the current Pope Francis too liberal, at Von Thurn und Taxis’s five-hundred-room castle in Regensburg, Germany.

https://www.artforum.com/news/el-mu...lan-to-honor-right-wing-german-princess-78303

There is too much hysterical dramatics about the situation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom