Prince Albert II and the Princely House of Thurn und Taxis 3: 2011 - 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mother and daughter enjoyed some time in Italy together: They attended the Prada Resort 2018 show in Milan on May 7 and the 57th International Art Biennale in Venice on May 10:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** ppe gallery **

Last edited:

These shoes and socks, oh dear :p Elisabeth at the Jimmy Choo X Mytheresa Dinner in London on May 23:

** Pic **

Gloria attended the 2017 St Petersburg International Economic Forum (SPIEF 2017) at the Expo Forum Convention and Exhibition Centrein St Petersburg, Russia, yesterday, June 2:

** belga gallery **

Thanks for the update!:flowers:
It is great that Princess Gloria attended the St Petersburg Forum again. The weather (snow in June) is unpredictable this year though.

:previous:

You are most welcome! :flowers:

Today, June 15, Elisabeth attended a dinner hosted by Alice Naylor-Leyland for friends to celebrate her Garden Rose Cologne collaboration with Aerin Lauder for her global luxury lifestyle and beauty brand, AERIN in London:

** Pic **

Yesterday, June 28, Elisabeth attended the Serpentine Summer Party in London:

** Pic **

Thanks for the update!
One might notice that Princess Elisabeth likes her green sandals very much.

And I still don't share that excitement ;);)

On June 23 Gloria attended an event at the Max-Joseph-Saal in Munich, but I wasn't able to find out what exactly the event was about, according to the caption is was a "social tribute event".

** rex gallery **

Congratulations to the couple!
The couple looks happy. Princess Maria-Theresia is glowing.

Thanks for posting the photos iceflower!

My thoughts
1. Gloria's niece is very beautiful and it's nice to see how natural she looks (no badly dyed hair or tattoos etc)
2. Nice to see Elisabeth supporting her mother as usual but sad the rest of the children couldn't make it.
3. I'm guessing each year Gloria wants to raise the profile of the event internationally so I'm surprised not to see big international names being invited- I think Bianca Jagger, Jeff Koons and Bryan Ferry have attended her other events. Can't say I've heard of the Austrian actress.
4. Gloria dressing as fashionably as possible but to me she had looked a bit thinner, older and a bit unwell this last year. Hope she is ok - wasn't her sister Maya quite ill about 3 years ago?
5. Sure Aida was performed once before at the schloss - it must be a popular opera for many.

Congratulations to the couple!
The couple looks happy. Princess Maria-Theresia is glowing.

I think it is lovely news and glad that things are going well both personally & professionally for Maria-Theresia and Hugo.

I predict another daughter for the couple!

Hope Elisabeth and Albert find happiness and hopefully have another TNT wedding soon too.

Last edited by a moderator:

On July 2 Gloria was guest of the German interview show "Ich stelle mich". Her sister and brother were invited as well.

Here's a video of the whole show, there's only one snag to it - it's in German of course ;)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** video link **

Last edited:

On July 17 Amy McDonald performed at the festival and once more several family members including Albert attended the show:

** gettyimages gallery **

On July 18 Zucchero was the highlight of the day:

On July 19 family and guests enjoyed the Haindling concert:

And yesterday, July 20, German singer Max Mutzke performed on stage:

He is performing at the festival this evening, so we should get some photos tomorrow!

Yesterday, July 21, Art Garfunkel were on stage and Gloria made some selfies again ;)

Thanks for the updates!
The music festival seems to be successful. Did Princess Gloria decide to mix opera with modern performers?

She obviously enjoys it a lot and is heavily involved for sure, but I think there's also a huge team of advisers, ideas providers and organisers behind it as well..

Here are some pics from Saturday - the Sting performance:

And yesterday, July 23, the festival ended with Jose Carreras:

Now that is one concert that would be heavenly to see and be there, she sure did look like she was having the time of her life. What a great venue to have there and the music must be out of this world...........what a night it must of been for everyone there.

The musical enjoyment for Gloria continues ;) - she attended the opening of the Bayreuther Richard Wagner Festival 2017 in Germany today, July 25:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

:previous:She obviously enjoys it a lot and is heavily involved for sure, but I think there's also a huge team of advisers, ideas providers and organisers behind it as well..
... [snipped]
Cost-effectiveness of the music festival requires wider circle of performers. Modern performers will attract more audience.

Does anyone know what Albert is up to these days? I hope to see him take more of an interest in the estate, like his mother.

Other than the current participation in the World Rally Championship its not clear what Albert's current projects and duties are. It doesn't look as if he is still studying or doing any sort of placement with financial/asset management companies etc.

I'm guessing that the Thurn und Taxis Forst (Forestry) is something he is involved in/leading on because he is the only one featured on the website.

As regards St Emmeram and all Regensburg office based control of their business I'm guessing that he does a share - but from what can be gathered Regensburg might be his primary address (as his sisters primary address is London) but he could be living in Rome or Zurich possibly running the non Schloss business interests.

Alternatively he could be doing little as the 3 children he has the least known duties (despite in theory having the most predestined). Maria is Artist-Housewife -Wife & Mother and Elizabeth documents her life on Instagram daily as Fashionista-Socialite-writer-traveller who does some charity and helped design some shoes. Albert races maybe 6 weekends a year and attends 2 or 3 events a year (a Gotha funeral or the Bavarian Ministers Summer Party).

Now just my opinion but Albert comes across as quite shy and as Gloria "sells " means Gloria is still No1 in anything relating to the Scholes- so it suits him to not be front and centre with St Emmeram and estate/Bavarian interests.

BUT I think being a) by now 33 with a good 15 years of perusing his racing & b) also probably as much business education as he is going to get he should really starting acting like the Head of his own Family House.

Albert is unmarried so Gloria being the Chatelaine and the right hand in his business affairs is to be expected but the level of prominence Gloria has is more than a consort, a regent or Furst's mother -until recently on the website you would be forgiven for thinking she was an heiress of the Thurn und Taxis's in her own right - the equivalent of the Duchess of Alba.

The 500 year story of the Thurn und Taxis's is filled with strong women who stepped up to steer the family fortunes - Therese, Helene and especially Gloria - but it is a story of male primogeniture where women are the caretakers.

Until now it has been fathers, sons and grandsons who sought to build their fortunes. Albert's own father experimented in ventures and undertook two heart transplants just to hold on in order to steer the business a little longer so his son could follow in their footsteps.

If Johannes had lived he would have been 90 this year but would have probably made Albert spend the last 15 years taking on a similar role to Prince Ernst of Hannover and which Johannes himself did for his family. Gloria would have probably done her Schlossfestspiel but I don't think a lot of what seems to be Head of the House duties would have been undertaken by her in Regensburg and Bavaria.

During the 1990-2001 period when Gloria and others appointed to oversee Albert's inheritance things seemed quite traditional - investing and divesting for Albert to take the reins of a healthier business empire. The expectation was probably that Albert by 25 would be quite entrepreneurial in his own right (the only known example of this is the solar farm) as his father had been.

Instead as soon as Albert got control he looked as if he handed it to Gloria and the Schlosses were made to pay for themselves by becoming a venue for weddings, Christmas fayres, garden fayres, music festivals, schools and nursing homes.

The trouble is the media trumpet the fact that the investments survived because of Gloria and the above ventures are successful because they are run by Gloria and attended by Gloria. Gloria comes across as wonder woman without whom everything would crumble and Albert the not often seen playboy not very important son of said wonder woman.

Albert either needs to get a wonder woman of his own in order for Gloria to pass the torch to or else he needs to be seen as a businessman & figurehead of his own family - it might not be his thing but he needs to have his own "era" at St Emmeram or what was all the enterprising family work for?

Last edited:
You have made valid points in your post. One can be sure that Princess Gloria will prepare her son to succeed her in managing the vast estate.

Last edited:

Gloria attended the premiere of the opera 'Lady Macbeth von Mzensk' during the opera festival in Salzburg, Austria, today, August 2:

** Pic ** gettyimages gallery ** ppe gallery **

Last edited:
Must say that those are gorgeous pearls and earrings that she is wearing.......she is very happy about something that is for sure....:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom