Prince Albert II and the Princely House of Thurn und Taxis 3: 2011 - 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:)
I got it now, the one and only real, correct and authentic translation of the German article on this link:
Imageshack - wochenblattregensburg.jpg

Speculations About Prince Albert's love life: BUNTE retreat!

Albert von Thurn und Taxis is supposed to be in love with an Austrian girl - but the BUNTE.de report has suddenly disappeared.

It seemed as if the relationship between Albert von Thurn und Taxis and Xenia Maculan, daughter of an Austrian contractor, now is official. On Friday the Munich newspaper ABENDZEITUNG published what had been circulated by the weekly paper WOCHENBLATT from aristocratic circles a year ago. We reported then that there is speculation about a fixed relationship between Xenia Maculan and Albert.
The report on Friday also speculated - without confirmation by the Princely house. The report showed a picture that was taken at a meeting of the watch maker Blancpain in Munich.
Thereupon BUNTE picked up the speculation in its online edition, writing about Albert's “lady of the heart” and how truly in love Albert is suggested to be. BUNTE.de even showed the image of Xenia and Albert, apparently brought nestled closely together.

But the next day the report was gone - and the photo of the two so declared lovers, too.
Reason enough for the weekly paper WOCHENBLATT to ask about at BUNTE. "The picture was taken as a group picture and the two did not expect that only they both would be reflected," is what the Bunte editors replied. Yes, but is it even true at all that the house of Thurn und Taxis can look forward to the fact that Albert is in a relationship? "We believe in the authenticy of this story" the editors told us. It is known that Gloria von Thurn und Taxis has close contact to Patricia Riekel, the chief editor of BUNTE. This must be one of the reasons why the article disappeared so hastily. Furthermore the picture was taken by the agency BRAUER PHOTOS which also belongs to the closer circle of Gloria's “friends”. BUNTE says that BRAUER PHOTOS allegedly gave them the picture only consisting of the two heads of Albert and Xenia. But in fact the original picture – to be found at the picture database of the agency in Munich, shows two more persons together with the couple.

Lively discussion on Xenia's origin

Meanwhile inside some relevant royal forums at the internet a lively discussion about Xenia Maculan's origin arose. Although her mother's coming from an old Hungarian nobility (as did Gloria), her father – as a builder - turns out to have constant financial difficulties.
Both, Albert and Xenia, have come to know each other in Edinburgh where Albert studied economics and theology and Xenia did studies in agricultural architecture.

WOCHENBLATT-online, link:
http://www.wochenblatt.de/nachricht...ebesglueck-Bunte-zieht-zurueck-;art1172,66148

Last edited:
Prince Alexander della Torre e Tasso died at Awendaw, South Carolina, on 29 August 2011, aged 71.

He was born on 26 February 1940 at Schloß Mzell, the only child of Prince Ludwig della Torre e Tasso (himself son of Prince Alexander von Thurn und Taxis, naturalized in Italy as Principe della Torre e Tasso and Duca di Castel Duino, and of his first wife Princess Marie de Ligne) and his wife, née Frances Goodyear.
He has been married twice and had three children by his first wife Martha.

Royal News of 2011, Section II

Elisabeth of Thurn und Taxis at the Adam Spring 2012 fashion show during Mercedes-Benz
Fashion Week at The Stage at Lincoln Center on September 10, 2011 in New York City.

I'm not too excited about her look ;)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

I dnt usually care about what people wear but in this case I have to agree with you. And doesnt she look more and more like her mother

Last edited by a moderator:
Are that leather shorts? :shock: But I have to admit I love her crazy style in some way. :p

Prince Alexander della Torre e Tasso died at Awendaw, South Carolina, on 29 August 2011, aged 71.

He was born on 26 February 1940 at Schloß Mzell, the only child of Prince Ludwig della Torre e Tasso (himself son of Prince Alexander von Thurn und Taxis, naturalized in Italy as Principe della Torre e Tasso and Duca di Castel Duino, and of his first wife Princess Marie de Ligne) and his wife, née Frances Goodyear.
He has been married twice and had three children by his first wife Martha.

Royal News of 2011, Section II

RIP :rose:

It´s an interesting branch of the family.

:previous:

It won't be boring. ;)

True that! :D

Elizabeth of Thurn und Taxis attended the Fendi and Royal Collage of Art after party celebrating
the opening of the new Sloane Street store at 181-182 Sloane Street at Fendi O' Mark's Club on
September 17, 2011 in London.

** Pic **

On the occasion of the coming visit of the Pope to Germany, Gloria of Thurn und Taxis has
been invited to a German TV show to discuss religion, one of her favourite themes:

Gloria of Thurn und Taxis as guest at the ARD German broadcaster talkshow "Menschen bei
Maischberger" ("People with Maischberger") in Cologne, Germany, 20 September 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

** video: Papst ohne Einfluss: Wer braucht noch Benedikt? **

("Pope without influence: Who does still need Benedikt?")

Thanks a lot for the ARD mediathek link, Iceflower! :flowers: I had totally missed this.

^ She used to be friends with Benedikt long before he became Pope. I'm sure her recent interview is somehow 'influential' as always. :D
By the way, thought this one might also be of interest: The Conversion of Gloria TNT | Culture | Vanity Fair An old VF interview that I read only a few weeks ago and quite enjoyed. :flowers:

Well, Maischberger, Gloria and a discussion about the Catholic church didn't exactly bring back lovely memories to me. I guess I'm a very liberal/critical Catholic because the last time she went to that show, I was searching for a barf bag while listening to her and Cardinal Meisner. ;) But this time it was actually an interesting and nice discussion, balanced and with different people and different points of view (even Mathieu Carriere - whom I definitely NOT enjoy to watch - had a few fair points). I quite enjoyed it and Gloria (apart from the moment she laughed about the "question about the use of condoms", but I will give her the benefit of the doubt as she didn't have the chance to explain) did okay. In fact she seemed very relaxed and tolerant, which is good. Well, apart from some of her unprogressive statements, she seems a likable person.

And yes, Gloria knew Benedikt long before he became Pope. His brother Georg has been the conductor of the Regensburger Domspatzen, the cathedral choir of Regensburg, for quite a while. So there's also another connection.

Thanks for the VF article, btw. Gloria's brother used to write for the German edition of Vanity Fair and I quite enjoyed it. Sadly, German VF has been shut down. *sigh*

It is nice to see Princess Gloria giving interviews. It comes as no surprise that Pope Benedict XVI maintains friendly relationships with her because their old friendship. At the same time, I wonder what she wields this influence over. ...on a different note, a preference for the Flintstonesque jewellery continues. I hope she airs some of the magnificent pearls she owns.

Last edited:
I agree with your comment on her jewellery choices Al_Bina. ;)

Dierna23, Kein Problem! Glad you enjoyed the article! I like your entire post. :flowers:

Oh,this last outfit could make someone's day,it seems to suit well a clown.

According to the list Anna von Bayern was also there. Is it this Anna who married Lukas Auersperg?
Prince Lukas von Auersperg is married to Princess Alice of Bavaria. I guess that the list refers to the wife of Prince Manuel of Bavaria, née Princess Anna of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg.

Does anyone know more about her new book?? Please, can anyone translate the title ?? I dont understand German :sad:

Thanks for the photos!
The Thurn und Taxis family appears to be very close-knit. I think it is a good thing.

Does anyone know more about her new book?? Please, can anyone translate the title ?? I dont understand German :sad:
For a couple of years Princess Elisabeth wrote a column or 'blog' for the British publication Finch's Quarterly Review. It was called (not by her) 'The Princess Diaries' and she wrote about her artistic interests, living in London, social activities, observations on all manner of things, and more interestingly for us, on occasion her upbringing and her family, meaning largely her mother of course, and her sister and brother to whom she is very close. She stated that she preferred to write in English rather than German because the English language had a much wider variety of expression. In the event Princess Elisabeth proved to be a very entertaining writer indeed and those who followed her columns regularly were well-rewarded.

She said last year that a publisher had expresed interest in puttng her columns into a book and that is what has happened. Princess Elisabeth is now the published author of 'The Princess Diaries' in book form. Mother is indeed proud.

Unfortunately back issues of Finch's Quarterly Review are now only available to subscribers, but in the previous Thurn und Taxis thread there are a few posts that contain quotes or summaries of some of Princess Elisabeth's writings.

That's true, Warren. Elisabeth's blog was an interesting read.

According to the list Anna von Bayern was also there. Is it this Anna who married Lukas Auersperg? Then I´m not suprised about Xenias absence :whistling:

Albert was never someone who dresses elegant

http://www.thurnundtaxis.de/uploads/pics/fuerst-albert.jpg :ROFLMAO:

Aaah. :lol: Thanks for that, Fürstin! Die rosa Krawatte fällt etwas ausm Rahmen. :p

Albert wasn't that badly dressed at the book presentation, though. ;) I liked Elisabeth's entire outfit there and MT resembles her father the most, IMO. Interesting to see that Benjamin von Stuckrad-Barre attended that event as well.

Gloria of Thurn und Taxis attended the birthday reception for German politician Edmund Stoiber
on September 28, 2011 in Munich, Germany.

** Pic **

Princess Elisabeth was yesterday at 3nach9 (3after9) and talked about her life, her new book, her catholic faith, etc. The interview is not yet online, but I will post it as soon as possible.

Found this pictures

http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd434/FuerstinTaxis/00496799.jpg
http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd434/FuerstinTaxis/00496798.jpg
http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd434/FuerstinTaxis/00496797.jpg
http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd434/FuerstinTaxis/00496796.jpg
http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd434/FuerstinTaxis/00496795.jpg
http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd434/FuerstinTaxis/00496794.jpg

Description: 1969 Demonstrations in front of Walter Stanner house in Hohenschwangau , the lover of Countess Anna Maria Pocci, wife of Max Emanuel (Nini) von Thurn und Taxis.
Anna left Max Emanuel already in wedding night.

Incredible, isn´t it? :bang:
On one poster: "adulteress out!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom