Prince Albert II and the Princely House of Thurn und Taxis 3: 2011 - 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

On November 28, Elisabeth has attended the patron's private view of 'Jake and Dinos Chapman: Come and See', a new exhibition at The Serpentine Sackler Gallery in London.

** Pic **

Elisabeth at the "Isabel Marant London Dinner And Party" on December 5:

** Pic **

:previous:
Does anyone know who the man is? He is quite handsome.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope not, I still am hoping that three TUTs will marry into Gotha

How close in relationship are the two families? If they are really close kinship wise, I am not so sure that will happen. Isn't Albert dating a young Swiss girl?

How close in relationship are the two families? If they are really close kinship wise, I am not so sure that will happen. Isn't Albert dating a young Swiss girl?

Sorry when I say Gotha I mean all the various royal and higher aristocracy families. Gotha inot just one family. As to whether they are dating anyone I have no idea

Sorry when I say Gotha I mean all the various royal and higher aristocracy families. Gotha inot just one family. As to whether they are dating anyone I have no idea

It would be interesting and kind of fun if they did marry into other princely houses of Germany. I have never heard of any of the three of the dating anyone from a German aristocratic family.

It would be interesting and kind of fun if they did marry into other princely houses of Germany. I have never heard of any of the three of the dating anyone from a German aristocratic family.

Well,Xenia Maculan's mother is Countess von Goess-Saurau and she traces her ancestry from almost all big aristocratic families of Gotha including Liechtenstein,Trauttmansdorff,Oettingen,Hohenzollern,Colloredo,Leyen,Fugger,Starhemberg,
Kinsky,Fuerstenberg and further from Holstein-Gottorp,Mecklenburg-Schwerin,Hessen,Pfalz and Kings of Denamrk...

So,in terms of blood and ancestry,she is not a "nobody"...

Xenia and Albert aren't a couple anymore.

Not sure whether she still does but apparently Elisabeth used to date author/journalist Moritz von Uslar (Baron of Uslar-Gleichen).

...from a family listed in Section I; failing that, certainly nothing less than Section II. :)

On December 13 Elisabeth attended a party organized by the fashion brand Muzungu sisters (owned by Tatiana Santo Domingo) at Pont St restaurant in London.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Good luck, Maria Theresia and Hugo!

It is surprising news. I wish a lot of luck and happiness to Princess Maria Teresia and Mr. Wilson. Mr. Wilson seems to be an accomplished artist.

According to royalmusings the engagement was announced in the Daily Telegraph of January 16th.

-
Hugo Wilson was mentioned in this Daily Mail article (2011) about the 50 most powerful posh people under 30:

Britain's 50 most powerful posh people under 30: From the catwalk to Westminster | Mail Online

Hugo Wilson, 28, artist. Regarded as one of Britain’s brightest young artistic talents, his work has been shown at the top Frieze Art Fair. Went to Stowe School and is the beau of Lucian Freud’s great-niece Martha.

Thanks for the link!
Mr. Wilson appears to be relatively handsome. Marrying the full-blooded Princess, who lives in Schloss St. Emmeram further enhances his poshness.

Congratulations to the couple :flowers:!
Finally there will be a TNT wedding, I was nearly giving up hope;). I wonder what Princess Gloria thinks about her future son-in-law. He's not aristocracy, and she believes in marriages amoung aritocrats. On the other hand Princess Gloria loves, understands and collects modern art. In that respect she might be thrilled with her daughter's choice. At least I hope so.

P.S. Many TRF-readers might know me as an tiara addict. So I can't stop myself from commenting on a probable wedding tiara for Maria Theresia. I hope that she'll wear one! The empire tiara was once put up for auction, but didn't reach the asked price. So that one should still be in the family. (Unfortunately Princess Gloria's wedding tiara is gone :sad:)

Both of them are nice and educated people, besides they seem to be in love and share the same values. I hope their marriage will be very happy.

I have to say I'm a bit disappointed in Furstin Gloria. Her first born child is engaged and presumably very much in love, and she has nothing, nothing at all to say.
The family has been one of my favourites ever since I read an interview with Gloria about the Sotheby sale in an old magazine, and the lack of comment from mother, sister or even Uncle Alexander seems out of character.
There are at least a dozen reasons why the family might not be 100% estatic.
However the lack of a basic statement like: "I hope my daughter/sister will be happy and that they will have a wonderful life together" makes me wonder if there is not something more to the situation than the fact that Hugo is not noble, has divorced parents, has announced the engagement himself in Britain and presumably is not catholic.
Whatever happens I hope MT finds happiness.

I doubt she would be that unprogressive when it comes to her childrens luck. And Glorias parents divorced also.

I don't know. From the interviews I read and listened to I think Gloria values a 'picture perfect background'. Even though her parents, sister and best friend have all been divorced I still think that she disapproves of people who would put their children through it. I'm catholic so I know very well how much the church believes in sticking in a marriage through thick and thin. I think I read somewhere that divorcing Gloria's mother (when her brothers were still teenagers) caused discord between gloria and her father. Also its undeniable that although Furst Johannes could be difficult at times Gloria stuck by him. Perhaps I am wrong that it would be a black mark against Hugo in Gloria's eyes but I'm sure she has very firm views about the sanctity of marriage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom