The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > Royal Families of Germany and Austria

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 04:12 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Princely House of Thurn und Taxis 2: July 2008 - July 2011

Welcome to the second thread about the princely house of Thurn & Taxis. The previous thread can be found here.

Arms of the Princely House of Thurn und Taxis

Old 07-24-2008, 09:45 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Pics 23.7.2008

Prince Albert von Thurn und Taxis, Princess Gloria von Thurn und Taxis
and US singer and actress Liza Minnelli at the Thurn und Taxis castle
Festival at castle St. Emmeram in Regensburg, Germany - 23/07/2008.
Liza Minelli performed at the Thurn und Taxis castle festival.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Old 07-24-2008, 10:18 AM
Serene Highness

The same event covered in Hello!
Liza sings for wealthy aristocrats at their Bavarian castle
The magazine incorrectly identifies Gloria's title as "Countess of Thurn und Taxis" (well, I guess that was her title before her marriage) instead of Princess. I usually expect errors like this from American magazines and not Hello! considering their regular coverage of royals.
Old 07-24-2008, 12:36 PM
Aristocracy

Maria Theresa looks a bit weird.
May be she is emulating her mother of the crazy years.
Elizabeth looks more "normal".

M-T is 28 and Elizabeth is 26.
However there was never any rumour of possible romance or dating which is rather odd.
It looks like mummy Gloria is a hen-mother always cautious that her beloved daughters won't fell in any predators hands (as some would say she acted), but nevertheless is strange that in the german aristocratic circles they hang around there was never any hint for the girls.
Old 07-24-2008, 12:40 PM
Aristocracy

Does anybody have any info on the 2 previous T&T princesses, the sisters Infantas Isabel and Maria Anna of Bragança ?

Little is known abouth them .

They seem to have kept a low key life.

Are there any photos of them, their weddings, receptions they've attended ?

Thanks in advance
Old 07-24-2008, 01:40 PM
Aristocracy

Oh wow the hair line, where did it go? Poor thing, to be losing your hair so early in life.
Old 07-25-2008, 09:29 AM

Yeah poor Albert..He should really consider a hair transplant for the future and as for Maria and Elisabeth GET A STYLIST!!!These two are dressing like a gypsies.But I'm not worried about them mummie will for sure find a "great match" for them just like she did for herself.
Old 07-25-2008, 02:12 PM
Gentry

Does anyone know how tall Albert is? in the picture with his mom and liza he seems to tower over the two of them
Old 07-26-2008, 10:16 AM

he is 1.96 m impressive isn't it..Gloria once mentioned in one interview that he is way to tall to be a car race driver but i guess it's not a problem for him cause he's doing rather well
Old 07-26-2008, 12:06 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronika Leon View Post
he is 1.96 m impressive isn't it..Gloria once mentioned in one interview that he is way to tall to be a car race driver but i guess it's not a problem for him cause he's doing rather well
Dear Veronika Leon, Fürst Albert von Thurn und Taxis is "only" 1.93 m, not 1.96 m like you write.

Here a link to an article from yesterday night:

Milliardär Albert von Thurn und Taxis sucht eine Frau - Bild.de
Old 07-27-2008, 05:27 AM

well i read in another article that he's 1.96 but who can believe all the tabloid the one that you posted for example says that he's 24 but actually he's already 25..but whatever
Old 07-27-2008, 06:57 AM
Gentry

Quote:
well i read in another article that he's 1.96 but who can believe all the tabloid the one that you posted for example says that he's 24 but actually he's already 25..but whatever
Yes Veronika Leon, you're right about the age, the BILD ZEITUNG isn't up to date about Albert and his sister Elisabeth, she's already 26. But concerning to Albert's size - in fact the newspaper comes near to the truth.
Old 07-27-2008, 07:17 AM

I guess it's not a huge issue anyway..but the article itself I find actually quite funny Albert having a crush on Liza Minelli..no seriously i wish him all my best to find a great partner for life cause that's at least in my opinion the most important thing ever
Old 07-27-2008, 10:07 AM
Gentry

Quote:
I guess it's not a huge issue anyway..but the article itself I find actually quite funny Albert having a crush on Liza Minelli..no seriously i wish him all my best to find a great partner for life cause that's at least in my opinion the most important thing ever
Who knows, who knows , perhaps is Albert T&T just like Benjamin Braddock from "The graduate" and he is waiting for his Mrs. Robinson including a pretty daughter for the happy end .
Old 07-28-2008, 10:19 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Pics 27.7.2008

Gloria von Thurn und Taxis arrives for the premiere of 'Don Giovanni'
during the annual Salzburg festival on July 27, 2008 in Salzburg, Austria.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **
Old 09-09-2008, 04:59 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Furstin Gloria is being interviewed on the ARD at the moment on the programme 'Marschberger'. She is telling about her relations with a cardinal, about the death of the ormer pope and about the conclave, when cardinal Ratzinger was proclaumed the new pope etc.

She tries to go to mass every day but that is not possible as they don't have masses everywhere anymore. But in biger cities it is still possible.
Old 09-09-2008, 07:08 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
Furstin Gloria is being interviewed on the ARD at the moment on the programme 'Marschberger'. She is telling about her relations with a cardinal, about the death of the ormer pope and about the conclave, when cardinal Ratzinger was proclaumed the new pope etc.

She tries to go to mass every day but that is not possible as they don't have masses everywhere anymore. But in biger cities it is still possible.
Marengo, she is simply doing promotion work for her new book together with Joachim Kardinal Meisner, who took part in the Maischberger show as well:
Amazon.de: Die Fürstin und der Kardinal: Ein Gespräch über Glauben und Tradition: Joachim Kardinal Meisner, Gloria von Thurn und Taxis, Johannes Marten: Bücher
Old 09-09-2008, 07:23 PM
Courtier

I think that Gloria has become a real kick. She looks like she goes to the corner beauty salon, wears no make-up, has let her figure go to pot and wears frumpy clothes. Yet, she is always wearing a string of priceless pearls around her neck!
She seems to have a real gusto for life and has let all vanity fall by the wayside.
Good for her!
Old 09-09-2008, 09:06 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamk View Post
I think that Gloria has become a real kick. She looks like she goes to the corner beauty salon, wears no make-up, has let her figure go to pot and wears frumpy clothes. Yet, she is always wearing a string of priceless pearls around her neck!
She seems to have a real gusto for life and has let all vanity fall by the wayside.
Good for her!
no make-up -> good for your skin
a few more kilos on your hips and elsewhere -> no or less wrinkles
frumpy clothes -> I wouldn't call a Dirndl frumpy!!!

All in all a classy life.
Old 09-09-2008, 09:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
Furstin Gloria is being interviewed on the ARD at the moment on the programme 'Marschberger'. She is telling about her relations with a cardinal, about the death of the former pope and about the conclave, when cardinal Ratzinger was proclaimed the new pope ... [snipped and my bolding]
I wonder what special information about the conclave Furstin Gloria is privy to. I mean conclaves happen in private and the public are not allowed in. Could a participant of a conclave share information with his friends?
As for the recent photos of Furstin Gloria, I have to say that she looked happy and relaxed. I like that she opts for national costumes.

To wander on in a huge forest without thought of return. To stand upon the shore and gaze after a boat that disappears behind distant islands. To contemplate the flight of wild geese seen and lost among the clouds.
And, subtle shadows of bamboo on bamboo." Zeami Motokiyo
Closed Thread

Tags
albrecht, fürstin gloria, german royalty, gloria, thurn und taxis