Princely House of Thurn und Taxis 2: July 2008 - July 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Together with some other businessmen Albert is filed a lawsuit against the way a new underground shall be build in Munich. He's one of the owners of stores and houses above where it should be constructed and they are claiming that the current plans of how it is going to be build would cause seriously existence-threatening.

Welt.de - Aufstand am Marienhof

Danke Seraphine!
Ey, the teddybears are alive!

Ja, Albert, hm... :ROFLMAO:

Furst Albert's costume does not surprise me because eccentricity runs in the family.

Thank you Seraphine! You're great :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny pics, seems to have been a nice party. ;)

According to this article Gloria plans to convert St Emmeram into a retirement home after the plans of converting it into a luxurious hotel failed. It is not said if she wants to convert the whole castle or just parts of it.

just a part of it. They still have their private rooms, restaurants, museums and shops and a bank there.

According to this article Gloria plans to convert St Emmeram into a retirement home after the plans of converting it into a luxurious hotel failed. It is not said if she wants to convert the whole castle or just parts of it.
Would it be too expensive for retirees to reside there? The luxurious hotel failed to be a financially viable business. Why is a retirement home expected to make profits?

It is not sure yet if they will convert parts of the castle into a retirement home. For now they are just looking for investors to make plans. They had all the approvals they need for the hotel but then decided that it would be too expensive and too much would have needed to be changed. It is not clear yet if the retirement home would be viable.

Btw has someone read the whole interview from Wirtschaftswoche?
I've just found excerpts but it seemed to be quite interesting what she said about various things. One thing was that it costs the family more than a million euros a year to maintain St Emmeram which means that most of the money they get from forestry and agriculture go into the palace and other things to maintain their cultural heritage.

http://i804.photobucket.com/albums/yy328/heleneinbayern/Nini.jpg

Article about Max (Nini) and Christa of Thurn und Taxis from 1971.
I find the article a little bit funny.
She told about her new life as a housewife. And she likes it. Many marriages are broken because of the disinterest of the wives (aha :whistling:) for the jobs of the husband. She used to think and decide in her old job as a hotel directress (15 years). Now she has her husband and could go with him for bear hunting. Before the marriage she couldn´t do this all the time. She cooks and sews now.
And they wish to have kids, especially sons. Because the family needs a boy (aha II.).
The article also mentioned Johannes, who who was at this time a bachelor without kids. And how he likes the Jet Set life, while Christa and Nini loves the country.
Nini annulled his first marriage with Countess Anna Maria von Poccii, which was childless.
Has someone the feeling, too, that this emphasis of having a son is fishy?
Johannes is a party boy and don´t have sons, while Max and Christa got 2 in 1973 and 1975. And Johannes married only in 1980 and has to wait years for a heir. Or I´m mean :D

Are the two sons of Prince Max and Christa in the line of succession to become head of the house? I understand Thurn and Taxis is very strict with equal marriages, looking at the Online Gotha if all marriages of the princes are morganatic as stated this family could be in trouble if Furst Albert doesn’t have any sons.

Thank you FurstinTaxis for sharing :flowers:
Its really interesting that Nini annulled his first marriage according to their faith ...I cant understand such things..
I hope Albert wont have problems with delivering a baby boy heir :)

And I wish it would happen soon. The tragic deaths of two young Princes last year show just how precarious a family line can be. Those two families were fortunate that their were brothers to carry on the line. TUT doesn't have that luxery.

I believe Albert can marry anyone he wants

Do you think the Furst can change the family rules in order his potential future daughter to succeed him as head of the family? (if there wont be a male heir?)

1. HSH Prince Max Emanuel of Thurn and Taxis (b. 1935), son of Prince Raphael Rainer of Thurn and Taxis
    Alexander Ferdinand → Karl Anselm → Karl Alexander → Maximilian Karl → Prince Maximilian Anton Lamoral → Albert I → Prince Philipp Ernst
  2. HSH Prince Albrecht of Thurn and Taxis (b. 1930), son of Prince Philipp Ernst of Thurn and Taxis
    Alexander Ferdinand → Prince Maximilian Joseph → Prince Karl Anselm → Prince Hugo Maximilian → Prince Alexander Johann → Prince Erich Lamoral → Prince Johann
  3. HSH Prince Friedrich of Thurn and Taxis (b. 1950), son of Prince Johann of Thurn and Taxis
  4. HSH Prince Karl Ferdinand of Thurn and Taxis (b. 1952), son of Prince Johann of Thurn and Taxis
  5. HSH Prince Maximilian of Thurn and Taxis (b. 1955), son of Prince Johann of Thurn and Taxis
The current line of succession. But I think Prince Albert could change the law. And I don´t see Ninis son in the line. So if Albert change the law, they are IMO in the line, too.

Last edited:
New article about Albert:
http://www.wochenblatt.de/nachricht...t-einer-der-reichsten-Schweizer;art1172,29256

Prince Alberts is still one of the richest men in switzerland.

Basic informations:
1) Albert lives in Zürich since 2009 and is one of the richest men in Switerland
2) The magazine asked the T'n'T administration, what Albert is doing there - of course they didn't answer ( privacy etc)

3) Albert works for Stolberg Investment Governance AG and they do : holistic/ integrated ( whatever it means ???) advisory service to privte and instituional investors and they take over special responsibilities of global scatterd assets ( I hope I got it right)

4) A swiss magazine critisized that Albert is living in Switzerland ( no EU ) but still gets EU agricultural subsidies
5) a h*ll of 1.016.999,93 € a year => Ashes to ashes, dust to dust, money to money !
6) They suppose ( between the lines) that Gloria is still boss in Regensburg

But as far as I know, Albert can finally take full control after academic studies AND 3 years of working experience in a firm with regards of contents to the T'n'T business empire.

And a private widely scatterd asset is what T'n'T is: they have investements in everything ( forests, agriculture, real estate, stocks, firms, shops, service firms....)

Last edited:
It's peak season in German carnival and like every year the carnival society of Aachen awarded the 'Order wider den tierischen Ernst' which was given to Gloria in 2008, this year she again participated in the award ceremony as one of the acts. Therefore she made a lot of jokes and even sang a song. Right now I'm not able to locate the video but it probably will come up later ;) In the meantime here you can find a picture of her.
By the way, the award was given to the German minister of defence Karl Theodor Freiherr zu Guttenberg. Due to the current outrage about him and his doctoral thesis, which supposedly is full of plagiats, his brother Philipp Freiherr zu Guttenberg held the speech for his brother and received the award.

http://www.rp-online.de/panorama/deutschland/Kleiner-Bruder-rettet-Aachener-Karneval_aid_967497.html

Last edited:
repeatSorry,but I find it someway disgusting !A Princess should not act this way(mainly at that age),I can't imagine Grace of Monaco or other princess acting this way!Just my opinion,but here she makes of herself a clown.

Gloria received the decoration of the AKV in 2008 like MANY important politicians and managers before. Receiving this decoration is, although it's a fun decoration, a honor, because the AKV is a very old part of german culture with uncountable supporters and a lot of influence.

All former "Knights and Ladies" are always invited to the every year TV-prime-time-Karneval-Show and are also invited to take part of the show programme (most of them don't, but sitting within the live audience they do always tolerate a lot of subtile derision). Gloria did and proofed that she received the decoration rightly :)

The only thing I have to criticise is, that her skirt was far too short !!!

Look at Elizabeths new block entry - here hand's gesture affends me much more than Gloria's performance:
Untitled Rant (plus hidden Serotonin Boosters!) | Viveteria

Hi Seraphine, hi Saschana, hi everybody,
have you seen the new Xenia Maculan's facebook profile photo? If you can bring it here with a link or some thing like it, but not a facebook link, because not everybody is able to see it at facebook. Try it please, because I have the story!

Sorry,but I find it someway disgusting !A Princess should not act this way(mainly at that age),I can't imagine Grace of Monaco or other princess acting this way!Just my opinion,but here she makes of herself a clown.

Well the whole point of carnival is to act like a clown, to have fun and like Seraphine said it is a huge honor to get the 'Orden wider den tierischen Ernst'. It's quite hard to translate the name but it is given to people who combine individuatlity, popularity and natural wit, as well as humour and benevolence in their duty. Famous people who got the award included Konrad Adenauer who was the German chancellor at the time, Helmut Schmidt who later became chancellor, countless Minister-Presidents of the different German states and the first one to get the award was actually a British attorney in 1950; he gave furlough to a German prisoner in the British occupation zone, because the prisoner had stated that Karneval would be the highest holidays in the Rhineland (which is actually quite true; for about a week they just celebrate). So showing some good humour and not taking the world too serious is a good requirement for getting the award.
Like Seraphine I, too, found the skirt to be a bit too short. Otherwise the bits I've seen of her speech was quite funny and Gloria showed some humour and that she can laugh about herself;)

They have it at “cotilleando”! Miss Xenia Maculan's picture in St. Moritz (Switzerland) with Albert TuT and Bernd von Stumberg in yellow dress, at the Knights of Malta Charity Event in St.Moritz

http://www.cotilleando.com/attachments/f12/94490d1298408702-albert-thurn-und-taxis-come-plato-

Albert Thurn und Taxis come plato recalentado!

BUNTE said that Albert was alone there, but is not true, Xenia was also there.

At this links:

Bernd von Stumberg in yellow dress
Knights of Malta Charity Event in St.Moritz | fotoSwiss.com > pressPhotography presseFotos=

Albert and homies from Regensburg
Search Results | fotoSwiss.com > pressPhotography presseFotos

Family zu Fürstenberg (organization), Mathilde Borromeo, A. Thurn u. Taxis, etc. at the event
Search Results | fotoSwiss.com > pressPhotography presseFotos

Last edited:
Thank you Adelheid for the links.:ROFLMAO:
This is very interesting: I haven't heard about Albert and Xenia for so long, that I thought, they'd splitted up.
The hide and seek game becomes ridicolus.:whistling:

@ Albert: get some new jeans !:eek::D

^^ Yeah, those jeans have been worn to death, time for a new pair.;) So, no birthday party for Gloria this year?! No fun?! :ermm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom