Princely House of Thurn und Taxis 2: July 2008 - July 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is being newly rich considered a problem?

They tend to behave very differently from old nobility, showing off their new money and power in a disgusting way. And usually money is made in controversial ways. Nobility did money many centuries ago, so their controversial ways are forgotten by everybody and they have had a lot of generations to use that money serving the sovereign, the state and charities.

In other words, being newly rich isn't chic :ROFLMAO:

... And usually money is made in controversial ways...

You're right amedea!

About father Alexander Maculan's bankruptcy March 1996:

Powered by Google Docs

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]A[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif] Case Study on the Fatal Experience of a Western Firm in Eastern Europe[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]The Austrian construction company Maculan started a large scale expansion strategy into East Germany and related CEE markets immediately once those markets became accessible – a strategy that turned out fatal soon ...[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]...[/FONT]
July 2008 Alexander Maculan says: “I think it is a right time to invest actively into Ukraine."
DEOL Partners and Maculan Holding at Austrian-Ukrainian Business Forum - PR.com

Now 2 years later, the project is cancel, Ukraine is not able to pay this millions project and Alexander Maculan is still looking for the “Big Deal”...
http://www.format.at/articles/1009/525/263722/ein-jahr-panik-osteuropas-boersen-situation

About mother Marie Maculan's business:
Abendzeitung - Reibach mit der Ösi-Bank: Sie alle sollen verdient haben

...Finally the list of „Upper Class“ is published, who's members seem to be involved all together in the scandalous exploitation of Bavaria by selling the state Austria's ailing Hypo Group Alpe Adria. Also on the list: Marie Maculan ...

That's one of the points that I mean. I don't like those people that made money on other peole's back ( mine so to say, because I payed the TAXES ! from that the bank was bought and my taxes are now Xenia's mother's money !!!!! An Xenia buys some designer dresses from that money to impress Albert !!!)

I have to say, that I don't know Xenia - I have never met her. May be she is the best friend ever.

But at my university are so many girls, so many Xenias so to say, that sort of blond fashionistas, that have rich daddys and mommys and these girls just spend of their parents money and without even realizing how blessed they are.

I'm not jealous, really I'm not. My parents are not rich, but not poor either. I earn my own money and I get along quite well.

But I do work !

And I don't think that Xenia has ever worked REALLY. She been a trainee - okay - but has she ever really worked a f*cking 60 hours a week month ? Has she ever done arduous work ? I did and I do know how long and hard to work for 10 €. And I'm proud of everything that could afford.

But will Xenia ever work really ? The question is: Is she a waity Katie, that just waits, that a rich man will marry her, so she can have some children and do charity work to be not to bored of her live ?

I don't want such girls marry our german noble men. I want them to marry girls that know how to work and give their live a real sense and that have a place in the work enviroment.

I completely agree with you!

Btw, since Xenia is not a noble, souldn'h her prospective marriage to Albert be considered as morganatic?
Yes I would think so too. But i gather that Gloria is not fussed about that?

Btw, since Xenia is not a noble, souldn'h her prospective marriage to Albert be considered as morganatic?

There are cases in the TuT family in which a simple noblewoman was considered a morganatic wife, if I'm not mistaken. In other cases they weren't.
BTW we should know what is the rule for dinastic marriage in the family: the consent of the head of the family or the type of family of the bride? And who can change that rule?

Albert is the head of the house. Gloria said in her book that he CAN marry ANYONE he likes. There are no restrictions in his fathers testimonial, that would make him loose his heir, and as the head of the house he can do anything he wants.

Gloria said in her book that he CAN marry ANYONE he likes

Is she very clear in saying that he can marry DINASTICALLY anyone he likes?
Just to be sure because many times royals in the media are vague about the issue, not pointing out the difference between their happyness for a wedding and the effective dinastic validity of the wedding itself.

Yes, she was quite clear. The book is in an interview form and the author asked her two times....he has no restriction by any ( house) law.

But the question is: Does Gloria ( or Albert ) really want an undinastically marriage ?

I'm not quite sure about Gloria, because in her book she has several times pointed out, that she was the perfect choice for her husband BECAUSE of her status as a countess from a mediatized family.

And Maria and Elisabeth have intoduced some of her boyfriends to Gloria and non of them " princes ore counts or other nobles" have been right for her ( she said in a Bild interview). So she must have clear expectations about their childrens partners.

And I think, she sees Xenia as a "first girlfriend" for her son. You know, that sort of girlfriends, which men do " practise and have fun" with.

We all know that he's young ( too young to marry for a men in my eyes...) and there is a high probability that this relationship doesn't last - ALTHOUGH of course we don't know how big they are really in love.

I guess time will tell. I don't want to curse Xenia for the deeds of her parents and I don't know enough about her to say she is a dilettante.

Albert of Thurn und Taxis attended the opening evening of the Oktoberfest
2010 at the Hippodrom at the Theresienwiese on September 18, 2010 in
Munich, Germany. The first lady is an editor of German magazine "Bild", the
second lady a well-known entrepreneur.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

It is nice to see Prince Albert attending such fun event as the Oktoberfest. He appears to be a real gentleman.

I'm a bit shocked about the shaved head, but then again it seems to be a good solution. ;)

I'm sorry if I've offended you Noor. I just happen to like Gloria. We all have people we like and don't care for. ;)
I'm sorry I didn't reply earlier, I just saw that you quoted me. You certainly didn't offend me in any way. I guess my point was that if you had studied Gloria better, you might have changed your mind about her. It happened to me with a certain Jordanian princess that I used to like before TRF. But when I became a member and started to read more about her, I was a bit shocked by her real character and attitude. Things like that happen all the time, I suppose. Cheers! :)

May I ask, why aren't the Thurn und Taxis liked by many?
Hi. You took me wrong. When I said 'many people simply don't like them', I was talking about the Flinstone necklaces.;)

Last edited by a moderator:
courtesy of Saschana from the Hohenzollern thread

Fürst Albert attended an official Gotha event representing the House of Thurn und Taxis at the funeral of Fürst Friedrich Wilhelm of Hohenzollern:

->
Fürst Albert

While reading some previous pages of this thread I was quite surprised to find out that some women find Albert handsome or charming. If this is a charming man, then I suppose I don't know what charm means anymore. Once again, no offense meant. We're adults and can state our opinions on a message board without fear. Thanks for posting the link, Warren! At least he looked decent here.

I have to regret, that I think he is attractive some way. He is quite male, he has an very impressive, masculine charisma. Anyway he looks nice and fun. And he knows how to behave - he's a gentleman.

He's not a prince charming, I know, but I don't like all these prince charmings, styled men, Brad Pitts, David Beckhams. I also don't like that peacekeeping greenies or the applepolisher or the geeks.

My boyfriend is a similar type of guy. A beefeater, a hunter, a real man, who knows how to drive a car :) or how to use a power drill. A man who can make the firewood.

But may be I'm of that opinion, because I study forestry. My man is a forest official.

While reading some previous pages of this thread I was quite surprised to find out that some women find Albert handsome or charming. If this is a charming man, then I suppose I don't know what charm means anymore. Once again, no offense meant. We're adults and can state our opinions on a message board without fear. Thanks for posting the link, Warren! At least he looked decent here.

As Zsa Zsa Gabor said: "A man with a big bank account can't be ugly" :cool:

I wonder who the head of the Thurn und Taxis family is. Is it Furst Albert or another person?

Fürst Albert..otherwise he would not be Fürst !!!

( Fürst = first.......it comes from the same origin )

Thanks for the explanation! :flowers::flowers:
What about other males in the family? What are their titles?

Thanks for the explanation! :flowers::flowers:
What about other males in the family? What are their titles?

They are called 'prince' as well as all the female members are called 'princess' apart from Fürst Alberts future wife who will be 'Fürstin'. Btw, once Albert marries what will Gloria be called? Princess dowager?

Officially she is already ( since 1990 ) : HSH The Princess Dowager and her daughter-in-law will be called HSH The Princess of Thurn and Taxis

In German: "Fürstin Gloria von Thurn und Taxis" and her daughter in law will be called " Die Fürstin von Thurn und Taxis".

But in short form it will be: Fürstin / Princess Gloria and Fürstin/ Princess XYZ

As Zsa Zsa Gabor said: "A man with a big bank account can't be ugly" :cool:

For once Zsa Zsa hit the mark. :D

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I really think he's losing his looks. He looked quite handsome when younger, but now... I wouldn't call him manly looking either, rather the opposite. To me Elisabeth is the beauty of the family. But then again, it's the character that's by far more important than how a person looks like. :)

Thanks for the information on the Thurn und Taxis titles!:flowers:

Is anyone from Austria here ?
In the "Seitenblick" magazine is a story about albert and xenia .

Albert won ADAC GT Masters 2010, a car league called " Gentlemen league" of professional and semiprofessional race car drivers on a very high level.

Pictures of the race ( latest chapter) : Gallery - Category: ADAC GT MASTERS CHAMPIONSHIP

On pic 4 are Alberts uncle Carl and his cousins, in the back is Xenia ( the women with stripe jackett and on pic 26 you can see his uncle Alex in the back. So his whoöle family was there.

The last race was a real thriller and to the last minute it was not sure, that Lamborghini team would be Master this year, because they had a broke rim.

In the end Albert had tears in his eyes. He said, this is the most beautiful moment in his life ( his first title) and he will have a big party tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom