Princely House of Thurn und Taxis 2: July 2008 - July 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you tell us more about this documentary, where and when have you seen it?
Well, I have to research then - maybe I detect something detailed again in the internet :) It was maybe two years ago, on ARD or ZDF I suppose and it was a documentary about his mother mainly, at work and so one. I remember one scene, when Gloria and Albert went to this rallye (as I remember right he drove and she made great fun out of it on the co-driver's seat :lol:). Gerngeschehen :flowers:

I found something similar to the documentary I have seen a couple of time ago. Hope, it wasnt posted before :flowers:

YouTube - Fürst Albert mit Florian bei der GT Masters

Last edited by a moderator:
I found something similar to the documentary I have seen a couple of time ago. Hope, it wasnt posted before :flowers:

Dear Dierna, I already saw this video last year, but I think it wasn't posted here yet. Tell us if you find the video from ARD or ZDF from two years ago, cause that one I haven't seen yet.

Thanks a lot! :flowers:

I found out, that this documentary is called "Glamour, Glanz und Gloria", ZDF 2003. Sadly I didnt found any Video-material :nonono: And there were another documentary from ARD, but I also found nothing about it. I'm really sorry.

Pics 17.7.2009

The castle festival has started today - obviously without rain
this year ;)

Princess Gloria von Thurn udn Taxis with son Prince Albert and
daughters Maria Theresia and Elisabeth attend the Thurn and
Taxis castle festival opening on July 17, 2009 in Regensburg,
Germany.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gettyimages **

:previous:
That's certainly a very unusual way of sitting. :ohmy: :whistling:
I'm glad to see Gloria and the girls; they always have a card up their sleeve to break the monotone flow of events. Obviously, it was Elisabeth's turn. :whistling:

:innocent: In a way, they are so sweet,:closedeye these three Ladies !!!:kiss:

I actually cross my legs like that a lot (with one foot behind the calf of the other leg) and it's actually quite comfortable. Although, I think that Maria-Theresia shouldn't be crossing her legs at all in her dress due to it's length. Thank goodness Maria-Theresia isn't wearing black hair anymore. She looks so much nicer with lighter hair.

I think they are sweet too. I actually love the Thurn und Taxis family because it's so obvious that they really are a family who truly does love and appreciate each other. Despite all Gloria's crazy ways in her youth and her ultra traditional views on things now, she does seem to have been an excellent mother who maintains a close relationship with her children.

The weather didn't stay that good, after two hours the
storm came, just like in previous years.. But here are
some funny additional pics, Giuseppe Verdi's Aida was
shown, so some special minor roles were assigned ;)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Oh wow the hair line, where did it go? Poor thing, to be losing your hair so early in life.
That is just downright rude .......he is still a very handsome young man.....what a shame you judge people on their hairlines.........perhaps you should revaluate what is important in life.
What you said was just downright cruel and vindictive!

:previous: I do not think he will mind, he is sure to be very secure about his appearance, be teased about his hairline and think himself a handsome young man :flowers:

:eek: Whaaaat? The people from Vanity Fair are very, very stupid, that's not Elisabeth von Thurn und Taxis, that's her elder sister Maria Theresia von Thurn und Taxis on this picture!

Pics 19.7.2009

Princess Gloria von Thurn und Taxis and Lena Ottenbacher (Pippi
Langstrumpf) during the play 'Pippi Langstrumpf' at the Thurn and
Taxis castle festival on July 19, 2009 in Regensburg, Germany.

** zimbio gallery: Thurn and Taxis Castle Festival - Pippi Langstrumpf **

Gloria obviously had a lot of fun :) Pics of her daughters and
other family members are also included in the gallery from today.

No one was saying Furst Albert isn't an attractive man no matter his hair line, and no one was insulting him or saying it was an important matter in life.

I really like this family in spite of myself. I find them genuine and good natured. I don't know what the Princesses were wearing but they somehow still manage to look fantastic. Gloria has colored her hair and is wearing makeup for the first time in years. She looks lovely.

:D Those pictures with Pippi Langstrumpf - thats the side on Gloria I really like :D She's an entertainer - really funny, cute pics! BTW, I think Elisabeth is really beautiful :flowers:

Perhaps am I mistaken, but often I have the feeling, that the three von Thurn & Taxis Ladies love and use their wardrobe over years (and this I mean as a compliment), and possess the creativity to invent it newly again and again with different accessories, which is very interesting, amusing and even exemplary, because it encourages economy, which is a virtue...:greatidea:

The Thurn-und-Taxis festival seems to be going well. It is nice to see Count von Schoenburg-Glauchau and his family having good time. It appears to me that Furstin Gloria is keen on maintaining closing family relations.

http://i29.tinypic.com/9sgrnt.jpg (originally posted by iceflower)
Furst Albert resembles both his parents, whereas his sisters tend to bear more resemblance to their mother.

The more I see of the two young TUT ladies the more I think they would make great wives for certain Catholic royals. Just to mind comes Prince Ameado of Belgium, HGD of Luxembourg or Prince Felix, a couple of Archdukes,

On TV ( "Arte") they had some biography of Gloria a few days ago and I must say slowly this lady gets on my nerves: They showed her on some stage belting out a carnival song and she trampled around with those stocky legs and plump hips, it was IMO just horrible.
Wouldn´t be surprised if her daughters marry some much older aristocrat (maybe from Italy which seems to be Gloria´s favourite country) as well. Maria Teresia is "already" 28 and will become 29 in December but nothing is known about at least a boyfriend (well with that kind of future mother-in-law....)
Gloria also mentioned that she would like to marry again but obviously has to wait until Albert is married. And she talked quite loveless IMO about her late husband saying that it was a big change for his life as an "old bachelor guy" to get married to her....

Ah Stefanie, as always we can trust you to come up with the jaundiced observation.
I doubt that many people are overly-concerned with Gloria's "stocky legs and plump hips" but if that presses your buttons it reflects on you rather than Gloria.

:previous: Lots of men do not like stocky legs and plump hips but I am sure many of them are willing to overlook this due to her other assets :flowers:

I've always thought the same!
MM:flowers:
The more I see of the two young TUT ladies the more I think they would make great wives for certain Catholic royals. Just to mind comes Prince Ameado of Belgium, HGD of Luxembourg or Prince Felix, a couple of Archdukes,

Pic 25.7.2009

Gloria, Princess of Thurn and Taxis arrives for the premiere of
Georg Friedrich Handel's 'Theodora' at the 2009 Salzburg Festival,
Salzburg, Austria, 25 July 2009. The festival runs until 30 August.

At first I wasn't sure about the dress, then I decided it was a
kind of art ;)

-----------> Pic

I can not help :lol: when I think about how Astrid & Lorenz would go together with Gloria if their son married one of the girls.
But perhaps they would get along very well and I do not see the dynamics clearly. :flowers:

I can not help :lol: when I think about how Astrid & Lorenz would go together with Gloria if their son married one of the girls.
But perhaps they would get along very well and I do not see the dynamics clearly. :flowers:

I can se why you find it amusing:). However as all in laws must learn I don't doubt that they would smile and bite their tongues. It's not as if they have to live with Gloria.
But perhaps, as they are all very devout and conservatice Catholics that might help.

Gloria TuT and half-sister Anabel von Scönburg-Glauchau

:previous:
Hi iceflower, Anabel von Schönburg-Glauchau is Gloria's half-sister.
Anabel Schönburg-Glauchau is wearing the red dress of Gloria's daughter Elisabeth, Lissy was wearing the read dress on May 2006 at the charity party organized by Ma. Theresia TuT in Maxim's (Paris), here the link to the report with pictures in this forum (message 71)

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...taxis-1-february-2004-july-2008-a-6596-4.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom