Princely House of Thurn und Taxis 2: July 2008 - July 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
At the moment, I am reading in German a book from Gloria von Thurn und Taxis with the title "Gloria. Die Fürstin - Im Gespräch mit Peter Seewald".
It is diverting and entertaining, and the frank speaking of the Fürstin is very sympathetic.

According to BILD Fürstin Gloria is now a commander on the papal order of SDt. Gregory. She received the order in the silver room of her St.Emmeram Palace.

Article in German, with picture, here.

:previous:
Beneath the story in Marengo's link is a 23-picture slide show of Princess Gloria which is well worth a look.
One piece of trivia: she has a definite liking for green and pink colour combinations.

According to BILD Fürstin Gloria is now a commander on the papal order of SDt. Gregory. She received the order in the silver room of her St.Emmeram Palace.

Article in German, with picture, here.

Here are two more additional pics of Gloria and her children at the ceremony,
on pic 1 you can also see Georg Ratzinger, the older brother of Pope Benedikt XVI..

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Warren, not to forget red - the colour of sin :whistling:;)

Warren, not to forget red - the colour of sin :whistling:;)
Yes, don't Cardinals wear red? :D
On a much more serious issue, it's reassuring to note that young Albert has finally shaved off those dreadful lambchop sideburns.

Fuerstin Gloria is wearing another order (light blue ribbon). Does anyone know which one that is?:confused:

Pics 13.11.2008

Yes, don't Cardinals wear red? :D

Warren, you always get to the point :D

Gloria von Thurn und Taxis and actress Julianne Moore attend the 2008 Hugo
Boss Prize at the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum on November 13, 2008 in
New York City.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Pic 14.11.2008

Cindy Sherman and Princess Gloria von Thurn und Taxis at
Cindy Sherman's exhibition opening at Metro Pictures New
York City, 14.11.08

----> Pic

Thank you Adelheid! Are there other house orders of the Haus Thurn und Taxis?

It is nice that Furstin Gloria was given the Papal order of St. Gregory. Special thanks for the photos! Surrounded by her children, Furstin Gloria looked genuinely happy. I hope that now Furstin Gloria will adopt more responsible way of sharing her personal views on certain hot topics.
I wish I had an opportunity to take a glance at Furstin Gloria's pearl collection. She has got some amazing pieces.

Pic+Video 24.11.2008

Yesterday, November 24, Princess Gloria and her brother
Alexander Graf von Schönburg were guests at the German
TV talkshow "Beckmann", Gloria advertised arranged
marriages, her brother the book he has written ;)

Here's a pic

And for all who are quick and interested, here's a video link
with the whole part of the show ( I think those links do not
stay that long..)

---> Video

Furstin Gloria's brother is quite handsome. Upon watching the video, I have to say that (1)one can definitely see the family likeness between Furst Albert II and Count von Schonburg; and (2) I have found Furstin Gloria's speech brisk.

Thank you so much, iceflower, for the photo and the video of Fürstin Gloria von Thurn und Taxis and her brother, Graf Alexander von Schönburg-Glauchau, whom both I am admiring on the basis of the books they have written, of which I have bought one of the Fürstin and three of Graf Alexander. The contents and the tyle of these books are very interesting and instructive.:)

Apparently Gloria is treasuring her new-found conservatism and making some sort of running gig out of herself, this time she commented that she missed the arranged marriage and that a lot of divorces would be prevented if people would not marry voluntairily with each other. After her views on this, colored people, HIV and gays I wonder what is next, perhaps she wants all Christians to get on their horses and plunder Jerusalem again? Sigh...
Her brother agreed and also promoted the marriage within their own circle.

Last edited:
In terms of marriage choices, sort of puts the pressure on young Albert, doesn't it?,

Well, he is the head of the house so I suppose he is free to do whatever he likes. His father certainly did ;).
And with Gloria I always wonder how much of what she says is her real opinion and how much of it is just an act, to keep up the facade or for whatever reasons. Considering her behavior in the past I find her new attitude somewhat uncredible (and that is an understatement). So it wouldn't surprise me that if her children marry non-nobles she will reinvent herself another time and say the exact opposite from what she is saying now.

I suppose her attitude to her childrens' marriages may be different to her public statements about arranged marriages. I note that Princess Maria Theresia turns 28 today (28 November) and appears to be happily unmarried.

Well, he is the head of the house so I suppose he is free to do whatever he likes. His father certainly did ;).
And with Gloria I always wonder how much of what she says is her real opinion and how much of it is just an act, to keep up the facade or for whatever reasons. Considering her behavior in the past I find her new attitude somewhat uncredible (and that is an understatement). So it wouldn't surprise me that if her children marry non-nobles she will reinvent herself another time and say the exact opposite from what she is saying now.
But his father was not the Head of the Family when married Gloria...

I don't think Marengo is referring to the marriage but to the extra-curricular activities of Prince/Fürst Johannes. :D

Pic 27.11.2008

A less controversial appearance ;) :
Yesterday the annual Christmas Market at St. Emmeram
was opened, it'll be open daily till December 23, 2008

Here's a pic of Gloria ------> Pic

She looks very nice (and normal) in this photo.

I don't pay one whit of attention to what this woman says. She seems to swing from one end of the pendulum to the other in her behavior: from having lived an outrageous lifestyle while married to now appearing to be uber religious and making statements that surely do not jive with her actions.

From Princess TNT to Lady... miracles happen...

I don't pay one whit of attention to what this woman says. She seems to swing from one end of the pendulum to the other in her behavior: from having lived an outrageous lifestyle while married to now appearing to be uber religious and making statements that surely do not jive with her actions.

I understand completely; however, it does make for interesting reading. I imagine that life with her is never dull. ;)

Here are some older pics again, Gloria and Johannes of Thurn
and Taxis with Maria Theresia at her christening day in 1980.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Gloria was only 20 back then, but even looked like 15 on some of these pics ;)

Looking at the photos, I cannot help noticing that Furstin Gloria seemed sweetly innocent. Her youthful looks tended to contrast a considerable age of Furst Albert. sharply

Thanks for a lovely collection of photos!
Furstin Gloria looked quite amazing on the first photo: a bright purple jacket paired with a blue edgy headpiece and stunning pearls.The transformation from the punk Princess into the respectable Dame must have been rather thorny.

Wow! She is full of contradictions. I think she is interesting, but I can't help but wonder how many of her statements were made simply for incendiary purposes. I was highly disappointed to read her previous statements on the reason for AIDS in Africa. I know that she later retracted this, but I was still shocked that she said something like this in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom