The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > Royal Families of Germany and Austria

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 08:04 AM
Heir Apparent

^ I guess not! lolol

Old 09-28-2010, 10:24 AM
Heir Apparent

I wonder who the head of the Thurn und Taxis family is. Is it Furst Albert or another person?

Old 09-28-2010, 12:09 PM
Nobility

Fürst Albert..otherwise he would not be Fürst !!!

( Fürst = first.......it comes from the same origin )
Old 09-28-2010, 01:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for the explanation!
What about other males in the family? What are their titles?
Old 09-28-2010, 02:10 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
Thanks for the explanation!
What about other males in the family? What are their titles?
They are called 'prince' as well as all the female members are called 'princess' apart from Fürst Alberts future wife who will be 'Fürstin'. Btw, once Albert marries what will Gloria be called? Princess dowager?
Old 09-28-2010, 02:26 PM
Nobility

Officially she is already ( since 1990 ) : HSH The Princess Dowager and her daughter-in-law will be called HSH The Princess of Thurn and Taxis

In German: "Fürstin Gloria von Thurn und Taxis" and her daughter in law will be called " Die Fürstin von Thurn und Taxis".

But in short form it will be: Fürstin / Princess Gloria and Fürstin/ Princess XYZ
Old 09-28-2010, 03:25 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by amedea View Post
As Zsa Zsa Gabor said: "A man with a big bank account can't be ugly"
For once Zsa Zsa hit the mark.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I really think he's losing his looks. He looked quite handsome when younger, but now... I wouldn't call him manly looking either, rather the opposite. To me Elisabeth is the beauty of the family. But then again, it's the character that's by far more important than how a person looks like.
Old 09-29-2010, 11:28 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for the information on the Thurn und Taxis titles!
Old 10-02-2010, 12:12 PM
Nobility

Is anyone from Austria here ?
In the "Seitenblick" magazine is a story about albert and xenia .
Old 10-03-2010, 04:26 PM
Nobility

Albert won ADAC GT Masters 2010, a car league called " Gentlemen league" of professional and semiprofessional race car drivers on a very high level.

Pictures of the race ( latest chapter) : Gallery - Category: ADAC GT MASTERS CHAMPIONSHIP

On pic 4 are Alberts uncle Carl and his cousins, in the back is Xenia ( the women with stripe jackett and on pic 26 you can see his uncle Alex in the back. So his whoöle family was there.

The last race was a real thriller and to the last minute it was not sure, that Lamborghini team would be Master this year, because they had a broke rim.

In the end Albert had tears in his eyes. He said, this is the most beautiful moment in his life ( his first title) and he will have a big party tonight.
Old 10-03-2010, 04:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

I thought i would find someone of this family in the Vogue Party, and i didn't. That's was a surprise for me.
Congratulations to Albert for winning the race!
Old 10-04-2010, 11:12 PM
Aristocracy

Yay for Albert!
Old 10-06-2010, 04:00 PM
Nobility

Here is a funny video with an interview: Albert on the Oktoberfest ( Wiesn) ( it starts after 30 seconds ). I'll translate:

http://www.muenchen-tv.de/wiesn_news...axis-6328.html

The TV-girl asks: Where are your leather pants ( traditional bavarian clothing that everyones wears at Oktobersfest - it's a must) ?
He says: I'm only here for today and didn't even know some days before that I'd come, because of my busy shedule.

Then she makes comments about his funny hat...
He said, that he has just bought it to look at least a little bit like traditional bavarian men

Then she asks, if he'll come again this year with his family....
He said: it's not possible/ too busy

Then she said: We, Albert and I, had to take some funny positions for this interview. I'm so small and Albert is so tall, that he had to come down and to sit on a little wall-something. Otherwise the camera couldn't have taken picture of us together.

Then his friend, sitting on a bank said, Albert just did that to look at the reporters decollete. He laughs....and says good bye.

Cute
Old 10-07-2010, 08:45 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphine View Post
Officially she is already ( since 1990 ) : HSH The Princess Dowager and her daughter-in-law will be called HSH The Princess of Thurn and Taxis

In German: "Fürstin Gloria von Thurn und Taxis" and her daughter in law will be called " Die Fürstin von Thurn und Taxis".

But in short form it will be: Fürstin / Princess Gloria and Fürstin/ Princess XYZ
Please notice that there is no and won't be any "Fürstin" in Germany. Gloria is legally Gloria Prinzessin von Thurn und Taxis. Her daughter-in-law could take the last name "Prinzessin von Thrun und Taxis". But she also could not be "Fürstin".
In Germany, the constitution of the Weimar Republic in 1919 abolished nobility and all nobility titles. They are now merely part of the family name, and there is no more right to the traditional forms of address (e.g., "Hoheit" or "Durchlaucht"). Although the German Federal government does not recognize "noble" or "royal" status per se, members of the former royal, princely, and noble houses of German descent use their "titles" which the German government regards as last names. There is no existing monarchical class system in Germany.
So e.g. "Albert Prinz von Thurn und Taxis" did legally not become "Fürst", when his father died, because last names stay even when your father died.

see: German nobility - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Albert Prinz von Thurn und Taxis (German)
Old 10-07-2010, 09:11 AM
Nobility

I'm totally aware of that, but I assumed that everyone knows this special german law.

German law doesn't know royal/ noble titles, but in the media royals/ nobles are often named by their familys' former titles due to the appreciation of their forefathers' achievements
Old 10-07-2010, 02:17 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteAmalia View Post
There is no existing monarchical class system in Germany.
Yes, we are aware of this but we aren't concerned with German Federal government recognition, or lack thereof.
As this is 'The Royal Forums' we may continue to use the royal and princely designations, just as I note that some of the German media do.
So, HSH (Durchlaucht) Fürst Albert it is.
Old 10-09-2010, 08:33 AM

she(xenia) was fell in love with Lukas Auersperg in 2007,08 and then he left her
her(xenia) relationships with albert start in 2009 .
how can i post foto here?????
Old 10-09-2010, 09:07 AM

albert's bd

a couple of months ago, Albert with a pretty brunette

She's on the right

Picture's: 1 2 3 4 5
Old 10-09-2010, 09:13 AM
Gentry

Welcome to the forum, sofy

Tell me, the pictures you've posted here shows miss Xenia with Lukas?
Old 10-09-2010, 09:26 AM

hi! I've posted a few photos xenia,lukas and xenia albert
thx

Tags
albrecht, fürstin gloria, german royalty, gloria, thurn und taxis