The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > Royal Families of Germany and Austria

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2010, 06:48 PM
Aristocracy

Why is being newly rich considered a problem?

Old 09-11-2010, 05:27 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by pallas athina View Post
Why is being newly rich considered a problem?
They tend to behave very differently from old nobility, showing off their new money and power in a disgusting way. And usually money is made in controversial ways. Nobility did money many centuries ago, so their controversial ways are forgotten by everybody and they have had a lot of generations to use that money serving the sovereign, the state and charities.

In other words, being newly rich isn't chic

Old 09-11-2010, 07:52 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by amedea View Post
... And usually money is made in controversial ways...
You're right amedea!

About father Alexander Maculan's bankruptcy March 1996:

Powered by Google Docs

A Case Study on the Fatal Experience of a Western Firm in Eastern Europe
The Austrian construction company Maculan started a large scale expansion strategy into East Germany and related CEE markets immediately once those markets became accessible – a strategy that turned out fatal soon ...

July 2008 Alexander Maculan says: “I think it is a right time to invest actively into Ukraine."
DEOL Partners and Maculan Holding at Austrian-Ukrainian Business Forum - PR.com

Now 2 years later, the project is cancel, Ukraine is not able to pay this millions project and Alexander Maculan is still looking for the “Big Deal”...
http://www.format.at/articles/1009/5...rsen-situation

About mother Marie Maculan's business:
Abendzeitung - Reibach mit der Ösi-Bank: Sie alle sollen verdient haben

...Finally the list of „Upper Class“ is published, who's members seem to be involved all together in the scandalous exploitation of Bavaria by selling the state Austria's ailing Hypo Group Alpe Adria. Also on the list: Marie Maculan ...
Old 09-11-2010, 10:04 AM
Nobility

That's one of the points that I mean. I don't like those people that made money on other peole's back ( mine so to say, because I payed the TAXES ! from that the bank was bought and my taxes are now Xenia's mother's money !!!!! An Xenia buys some designer dresses from that money to impress Albert !!!)

I have to say, that I don't know Xenia - I have never met her. May be she is the best friend ever.

But at my university are so many girls, so many Xenias so to say, that sort of blond fashionistas, that have rich daddys and mommys and these girls just spend of their parents money and without even realizing how blessed they are.

I'm not jealous, really I'm not. My parents are not rich, but not poor either. I earn my own money and I get along quite well.

But I do work !

And I don't think that Xenia has ever worked REALLY. She been a trainee - okay - but has she ever really worked a f*cking 60 hours a week month ? Has she ever done arduous work ? I did and I do know how long and hard to work for 10 €. And I'm proud of everything that could afford.

But will Xenia ever work really ? The question is: Is she a waity Katie, that just waits, that a rich man will marry her, so she can have some children and do charity work to be not to bored of her live ?

I don't want such girls marry our german noble men. I want them to marry girls that know how to work and give their live a real sense and that have a place in the work enviroment.
Old 09-12-2010, 01:17 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAfan View Post
I completely agree with you!

Btw, since Xenia is not a noble, souldn'h her prospective marriage to Albert be considered as morganatic?
Yes I would think so too. But i gather that Gloria is not fussed about that?
Old 09-12-2010, 08:40 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAfan View Post
Btw, since Xenia is not a noble, souldn'h her prospective marriage to Albert be considered as morganatic?
There are cases in the TuT family in which a simple noblewoman was considered a morganatic wife, if I'm not mistaken. In other cases they weren't.
BTW we should know what is the rule for dinastic marriage in the family: the consent of the head of the family or the type of family of the bride? And who can change that rule?
Old 09-12-2010, 10:35 AM
Nobility

Albert is the head of the house. Gloria said in her book that he CAN marry ANYONE he likes. There are no restrictions in his fathers testimonial, that would make him loose his heir, and as the head of the house he can do anything he wants.
Old 09-12-2010, 01:32 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphine View Post
Gloria said in her book that he CAN marry ANYONE he likes
Is she very clear in saying that he can marry DINASTICALLY anyone he likes?
Just to be sure because many times royals in the media are vague about the issue, not pointing out the difference between their happyness for a wedding and the effective dinastic validity of the wedding itself.
Old 09-12-2010, 01:47 PM
Nobility

Yes, she was quite clear. The book is in an interview form and the author asked her two times....he has no restriction by any ( house) law.

But the question is: Does Gloria ( or Albert ) really want an undinastically marriage ?

I'm not quite sure about Gloria, because in her book she has several times pointed out, that she was the perfect choice for her husband BECAUSE of her status as a countess from a mediatized family.

And Maria and Elisabeth have intoduced some of her boyfriends to Gloria and non of them " princes ore counts or other nobles" have been right for her ( she said in a Bild interview). So she must have clear expectations about their childrens partners.

And I think, she sees Xenia as a "first girlfriend" for her son. You know, that sort of girlfriends, which men do " practise and have fun" with.

We all know that he's young ( too young to marry for a men in my eyes...) and there is a high probability that this relationship doesn't last - ALTHOUGH of course we don't know how big they are really in love.
Old 09-12-2010, 08:40 PM
Aristocracy

I guess time will tell. I don't want to curse Xenia for the deeds of her parents and I don't know enough about her to say she is a dilettante.
Old 09-19-2010, 03:55 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Albert of Thurn und Taxis attended the opening evening of the Oktoberfest
2010 at the Hippodrom at the Theresienwiese on September 18, 2010 in
Munich, Germany. The first lady is an editor of German magazine "Bild", the
second lady a well-known entrepreneur.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **
Old 09-19-2010, 04:12 PM
Heir Apparent

It is nice to see Prince Albert attending such fun event as the Oktoberfest. He appears to be a real gentleman.
Old 09-19-2010, 04:25 PM
Nobility

Seems like kissing her :)))))

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected
Old 09-20-2010, 12:01 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I'm a bit shocked about the shaved head, but then again it seems to be a good solution.
Old 09-21-2010, 11:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katrianna View Post
I'm sorry if I've offended you Noor. I just happen to like Gloria. We all have people we like and don't care for.
I'm sorry I didn't reply earlier, I just saw that you quoted me. You certainly didn't offend me in any way. I guess my point was that if you had studied Gloria better, you might have changed your mind about her. It happened to me with a certain Jordanian princess that I used to like before TRF. But when I became a member and started to read more about her, I was a bit shocked by her real character and attitude. Things like that happen all the time, I suppose. Cheers! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelleq View Post
May I ask, why aren't the Thurn und Taxis liked by many?
Hi. You took me wrong. When I said 'many people simply don't like them', I was talking about the Flinstone necklaces.
Old 09-23-2010, 06:26 PM
Administrator

courtesy of Saschana from the Hohenzollern thread

Fürst Albert attended an official Gotha event representing the House of Thurn und Taxis at the funeral of Fürst Friedrich Wilhelm of Hohenzollern:

->
Fürst Albert

Old 09-25-2010, 02:12 PM
Heir Apparent

While reading some previous pages of this thread I was quite surprised to find out that some women find Albert handsome or charming. If this is a charming man, then I suppose I don't know what charm means anymore. Once again, no offense meant. We're adults and can state our opinions on a message board without fear. Thanks for posting the link, Warren! At least he looked decent here.
Old 09-25-2010, 03:27 PM
Nobility

I have to regret, that I think he is attractive some way. He is quite male, he has an very impressive, masculine charisma. Anyway he looks nice and fun. And he knows how to behave - he's a gentleman.

He's not a prince charming, I know, but I don't like all these prince charmings, styled men, Brad Pitts, David Beckhams. I also don't like that peacekeeping greenies or the applepolisher or the geeks.

My boyfriend is a similar type of guy. A beefeater, a hunter, a real man, who knows how to drive a car :) or how to use a power drill. A man who can make the firewood.

But may be I'm of that opinion, because I study forestry. My man is a forest official.
Old 09-25-2010, 06:18 PM
Courtier

A pity that Albert II. don´t look like Albert I.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...1lj%C3%A1n.JPG

But Albert is pleasent. So this equate it!

Old 09-25-2010, 07:44 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoorMeansLight View Post
While reading some previous pages of this thread I was quite surprised to find out that some women find Albert handsome or charming. If this is a charming man, then I suppose I don't know what charm means anymore. Once again, no offense meant. We're adults and can state our opinions on a message board without fear. Thanks for posting the link, Warren! At least he looked decent here.
As Zsa Zsa Gabor said: "A man with a big bank account can't be ugly"

Tags
albrecht, fürstin gloria, german royalty, gloria, thurn und taxis