The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > Royal Families of Germany and Austria

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 02:51 PM
Aristocracy

I don't mind the dirindl. I know that it's is a regional dress and Gloria is fond of them. I actually like the green and pink color combo. It's one of my favorites.

I'm mostly bothered by Albert. Granted the picture is small, but it looks like the lapel is brown velvet and the color of his tie is too much. And shorts that short on a man regional dress or not...

Old 07-15-2010, 02:56 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphine View Post
Very pretty.

Old 07-15-2010, 03:23 PM
Nobility

I'm not actually very fond of the colours of Glorias Dirndl but I like that they wore traditional bavarian clothes.
About Albert... I like those short leather pants better than the ones that goes over the knees so good on him Would be interesting to see if he's wearing those... I think you call them 'Loferl' in German... There's probably no english word for them Anyway those things made of wool the men but over their calf.
Old 07-15-2010, 03:29 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphine View Post
That one's really pretty. I had one when I was a little girl, when we were on holiday in Tirol to visit relatives my sister and me were so annoying for about two weeks, my dad finally gave up and bought them
Old 07-15-2010, 04:59 PM
Nobility

I think the short leather pants are sexy on him. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
But that's may be because I study forestry managment and I'm a hunter. A lot of people around me wear traditional german clothing and leather pants. I got leather pants, too, but long ones.
Old 07-15-2010, 05:02 PM
Nobility

The prince in his full sexyness in short leather pants: enjoy !

Passauer Neue Presse mit ihren Lokalausgaben

The tie is may be one bit too colorful, but on the other hand it's a fresh summer color ( we have 35 ° C) and the dark ties are for winter.
Old 07-15-2010, 06:49 PM
Aristocracy

Okay, in the full frontal the shorts don't appear to be as short as I first suspected, but you're not going to win me over on that tie color. He has quite legs btw.

Has anyone listened to the video interview on Albert's website? My comprehension of German is non-existent and I would love to know what he and Gloria are saying.
Old 07-16-2010, 02:11 AM
Nobility

Which one ? Tell me and I'll translate.
Old 07-16-2010, 06:56 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by pallas athina View Post
Has anyone listened to the video interview on Albert's website? My comprehension of German is non-existent and I would love to know what he and Gloria are saying.
If you mean this one... I'll give a short summary

Albert says that it's always been a dream for him to become a racedriver, as a child who wasn't allowed to drive go karts but instead motorcross. It was just a hobby for him and nothing he took too serious. One day he heard about the Lupo Cup and my mum allowed me to do it (if I'm not mistaken he was still under age when he started ) and that way everything started.
They ask him if he has any special rituals before he races or if he's superstitious or if he prays. Albert says that he does pray, some Ave Marias depending on how much time he got but that is the only thing he does and he doesn't have any other rituals.

They tell that Albert is actually still a student and so doesn't have any training, he basically just goes there on the weekends and races cause he is the amateur of the team while Kox is the pro.
When he got the race clothing on he says that it is a lot of pressure and the boss said that he always should go full speed and what his boss says are clear orders and he must obey them. Otherwise it won't work.

When Gloria is sitting on the couch she is very excited and says that it is really thrilling. There is a pro in front of him (who got more experience).

The reporter says that at first Gloria was a bit sceptical but somehow Albert was always into cars from the day he was born. Albert says that "brum brum" were his first words according to his mother (don't know if it is the same in english but in German those are the words toddlers use for cars ) and that he was always around cars.

Gloria confirms that it wasn't something else like "baba" instead "brum brum".
The reporter tells that due to being the Prince of Thurn und Taxis carracing will probably always stays just a hobby for Albert because of his duties.

Albert tells that Gloria is visting the important races and the ones that are close to home. He likes when she is there because he is usually on the winners' rostrum like the time when they made the video.

She is pretty proud of Albert and can judges the risks of the sport better now. She says that to be honest travelling or mountain climbing is much more dangerous. And because there are more dangerous other sports she can be quite relaxed about it.

That's it... Hope it was the video you wanted
Old 07-16-2010, 08:15 AM
Gentry

Question

Quote:
... He has quite legs btw.
What do you mean: "He has quite legs btw.", quite what?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 07-16-2010, 12:53 PM
Aristocracy

Awesome! Thank you, Saschana. I had heard that brum, brum were his first words. It's pretty much the same in English.
Adelheid, I meant to say he has nice legs.
Old 07-17-2010, 04:48 AM
Nobility

You're welcome pallas athina

Yesterday the annual Schlossfestspiele started with the opera Nabucco by Verdi.

Gloria & Elisabeth
Gloria, Elisabeth & Maria-Theresia

Gloria is wearing a really interesting necklace Albert wasn't there.
Old 07-17-2010, 07:55 AM
Nobility

Albert has two car races this weekend. In Germany you can watch it on Kabel 1 or anybody can watch the best parts on ADAC GT Masters
Old 07-17-2010, 03:57 PM
Courtier

Article and pics from Bunte: http://www.bunte.de/royals/gloria-vo...aid_18655.html
Old 07-17-2010, 04:04 PM
Aristocracy

Interesting necklaces indeed. Too bad Albert didn't make it.
Old 07-17-2010, 04:50 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Adelheid, I meant to say he has nice legs.
OK, thank you.

Quote:
Too bad Albert didn't make it.
Why?
Old 07-17-2010, 07:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for the photos!
It was great to see Princess Elisabeth and Princess Maria -Theresia making a public appearance. Furtsin Gloria's necklace is an odd choice.
To wander on in a huge forest without thought of return. To stand upon the shore and gaze after a boat that disappears behind distant islands. To contemplate the flight of wild geese seen and lost among the clouds.
And, subtle shadows of bamboo on bamboo." Zeami Motokiyo
Old 07-17-2010, 08:44 PM
Courtier

Maria Theresia is my favourite of the daughters. I think someone wrote here, that she is Alberts favourite sister.

Old 07-17-2010, 10:52 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adelheid View Post

OK, thank you.

Why?

It's the one event every year when we usually see the whole family together.

Tags
albrecht, fürstin gloria, german royalty, gloria, thurn und taxis