The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > Royal Families of Germany and Austria

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 04:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for the photos!
Prince Albert looks ... well ... very handsome. I am amazed how tall he is.
As for the wedding, it is nice to see fellow-aristocrats marrying each other.

Old 09-04-2009, 05:14 AM
Courtier

Please find attached an article of MERIAN (a German travel magazine) featuring the Fürstin:

Regensburg: "Heute sind wir zivile Bürger - wie andere auch" - Merian - Reiseziele (Page 1)

Regensburg: "Heute sind wir zivile Bürger - wie andere auch" - Merian - Reiseziele (Page 2)

Gloria von Thurn und Taxis, Prinzessin: Regensburg - Merian - Reportagen (Picture and few information, nice outfit including pearls)

Old 09-04-2009, 05:37 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Thanks for the link, Avicenna It was a really interesting read. As she said that she doesn't agree with cold weather anymore, I realized that she's only 49. I mean I knew approximately how old she is, but when I watched some of her latest interviews I imagined that she's over 50. No offence, I found it just funny.
Old 09-04-2009, 11:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for the interview and pictures!
After reading the interview, I have to say that Furstin Gloria is quite sensible and fully aware of the hard realities. She should be lauded for doing her best to preserve a gem such as the magnificent St. Emmeram. I do not understand why the question about Prince Albert's possible future spouse was raised. I do not think that Furstin Gloria would try to influence her son's decision in terms of choosing a wife.
Old 09-05-2009, 04:06 PM
Courtier

Dear al_bina, when it comes to her son's future spouse ... I do not think either that we will have to question her. I am pretty sure Albert knows perfectly well on his own who is appropriate and who isn't
Old 09-07-2009, 11:26 AM
Heir Apparent

While I agree that Furtsin Gloria comes across as an unconventional lady, I do not like attempts to portray her as a hard-core person, who would disregard feelings of her children and make them do what she wants. As far as I can judge, she is a loving mother and will do everything to ensure happiness of Prince Albert and his sisters.
Old 10-11-2009, 04:20 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Since September the first book written by Princess Elisabeth
of Thurn und Taxis is available in Germany. Georg Ratzinger,
brother of the current Pope has written a preface to the
book "Fromm! Eine Einladung, das Katholische wieder mit allen
Sinnen zu erleben" ("Devout! An invitation to re-experience
the Catholic with all senses"). She raves of confession and
Lent, guardian angels, saints, pilgrimages to Lourdes and the
Latin mass. It's not a paper of theses , more a very personal
credo of a enthusiastic Catholic. At least she said in an interview,
she doesn't want to polarise like her mother sometimes does

Here's the book cover!
Old 10-13-2009, 03:55 PM
Heir Apparent

It is nice to know that Princess Elisabeth shares her personal view on and experience of Roman Catholicism. However, I am not sure whether she will be able to attract young people to join Roman Catholic church. Has she done any volunteer work on behalf of the Roman Catholic church?
Old 10-24-2009, 04:27 PM
Super Moderator

I share your opinion about that, Al_bina, young people won't be
much impressed or influenced by her ideas Not sure about any
volunteer work, maybe she combined some with the pilgrimages..

Fellow member Adelheid has found and kindly sent the following
article link with news about the family, asking me to give a short
summary:

Ein nacktes Model, der Papst und Fürst Albert

The text says that some provocative photos for the French magazine
„Self Service“ were made at the St. Emmeram castle. The limited edition
with those pics - that were allowed by Princess Gloria who also opened
her personal wardrobe for the models - will be sold for 180 Euro. The
normal version will cost 20 Euro and Princess Elisabeth graces that
cover.

Besides that last fact and the fact that a picture of Prince Albert
meeting the Pope is placed in the background of a naked model,
the family doesn't have much to do with the photosession, but
as to the family's religiosity, the whole thing has become a story..
Old 10-24-2009, 05:07 PM
Gentry

Thank you iceflower.
You mean prince Albert was not asked if he wants to appears with the Pope (receiving the Communion) near the nude model Hannelore on the magazine cover from Elisabeth's fabulous pal Juergen Teller (the photograph)?

This is the article link where Elisabeth mentions her “fabulous pal”:

Pizzatastic! | Finch's Quarterly Review
Old 10-24-2009, 05:39 PM
Aristocracy

At (near) 29 and 27, it's strange that they were never linked to anyone.

Either they are very discreet,
Old 10-24-2009, 08:18 PM
Courtier

Location: Trust me you've never heard of it..., United States
I was enjoying her blog and even liked that her mother commented until I noticed that it was named "The Princess Diaries" then my eyes just rolled and I can't do anything to stop them
Old 10-25-2009, 03:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSP View Post
At (near) 29 and 27, it's strange that they were never linked to anyone.

Either they are very discreet,
From what people have said here it sounds like their mother is very strict when it comes to dating etc. so maybe they haven't had many boyfriends.
Old 10-25-2009, 04:31 PM
Courtier

Gloria said in an interview not long ago (it was posted here) that she doesn't get involved in the love life of Albert (and assume his sisters). I tend to think that she raised them to be keenly aware of the sorts of people they are expected to date/marry.
Old 10-25-2009, 05:14 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adelheid View Post

Thank you iceflower.
You mean prince Albert was not asked if he wants to appears with the Pope (receiving the Communion) near the nude model Hannelore on the magazine cover from Elisabeth's fabulous pal Juergen Teller (the photograph)?
You're welcome But no, I don't think that it happened
without their permission. Arranging such a photo without asking
would have been an affront after the lavish hospitality. In the
last part of the article it was said, that the photographer met
the family for a dinner and showed them the results, he had been
nervous as to the provocativeness, but Princess Gloria called them
fantastic.
Gloria may be very religious, but she always had a like for the
provocative things in life as well
Old 10-26-2009, 08:13 AM
Nobility

[QUOTE=Stefanie;969189]On TV ( "Arte") ...she trampled around with those stocky legs and plump hips, it was IMO just horrible.

You don't have to have a perfect body to have spunk you know.
Old 10-26-2009, 02:11 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalla Meriem View Post
I was enjoying her blog and even liked that her mother commented until I noticed that it was named "The Princess Diaries" then my eyes just rolled and I can't do anything to stop them
'The Princess Diaries' (left hand side of the page in this link) by Princess Elisabeth TnT is a great read. She's a very good writer and states in the 'Responses' section at the bottom "I feel English is a language better equipped for the use of vivid imagery. It is also far less of a formal language and in that way suits my style of writing better."

Here's a paragraph set at the "summer house" located on the shore of Lake Starnberg in Bavaria, a TnT property where the family spend a few weeks each year. It gives a revealing but affectionate glimpse into Princess Gloria's personality:

At the end of the garden lies a dock, we call it the boat house. There we spend all day in the sun and swimming in the cool water. Most of all I enjoy water skiing on the lake and I have memories of doing so since the age of five. My mother spends her days sitting in the boat towing us and our friend’s on water skis. This sounds very generous on her part and it is however telling people what to do is also an uncontrollable obsession of hers hence she is a natural born teacher. She loves teaching people how to ski. This activity can go two ways. If you are talented and a quick learner, you are in luck, my mother will love you. She will shower you with flattery and encourage you. If however sport is not really your thing it becomes pretty difficult to get in her good books thereafter. She might forgive you if you pray the rosary with her every night but that’s another story. In the past she has screamed threats and insults at people (mostly her children or nephews but it has also happened to certain friends) after repeated failure to get out of the water. Lucky for us, growing up in an ongoing boot camp means that we are quite good at most sports and pretty resilient when it comes to performing under sever pressure (terror).

The second story in this piece is called "The September Issue" and includes her report of the wedding of Lord Frederick Windsor, which she attended,
Old 10-26-2009, 06:10 PM
Courtier

Yes, well I wasn't implying that I didn't enjoy her blog. I actually did like it. Although, I'm not sure if I was the bride at the wedding in Turin I'd be inviting her around for anniversary dinners after reading her thoughts on my wedding.

She does seem to have a lot of personality and I think she's rather vibrant.
Old 10-28-2009, 12:10 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalla Meriem View Post
Gloria said in an interview not long ago (it was posted here) that she doesn't get involved in the love life of Albert (and assume his sisters). I tend to think that she raised them to be keenly aware of the sorts of people they are expected to date/marry.
Yes, that is what I meant but I didn't express it correctly. I am glad to hear that she's not a meddling mother.
Old 10-28-2009, 02:46 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I've read Elisabeths blog and found it quite nice. The family seems to have an ability in writing, I always enjoyed to read Alexander von Schönburg-Glauchau's column in the german version of Vanity Fair very much.

Tags
albrecht, fürstin gloria, german royalty, gloria, thurn und taxis