Princely House of Thurn und Taxis 2: July 2008 - July 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, that depends. I'm not an expert, bout our legal portion system works like that:

It says, that if children were disinherited, they have the right to claim their legal potion. The amount depends on your blood state to the late person and the number of heirs, that have the right on a legal potion.

The legal potion is the HALF OF THE NORMAL PART OF THE HEIR.

Example: One man dies and has 100.000 € and a wive and two children. The wive would get 50.000 and the children each 25.000€ . If one child has married a women, that the father doesn't like, the father can disinherit his child. When he dies, one gets 25.000 and the other just 12.500, because it has the right to be supported. It's a german constituional law, that protects families in a special way. It is based on Roman law.
If one child has knocked the father out after an argument or stolen something, the father can disposses even the legal portion.

The legal portion and the legally/ normal part of the heir rules do only work, if the father/ mother made NO testament or made a testament and not everyone agrees.
If everyone agrees, children might disclaim on their portion, for ex. to make sure the family assets stay in one hand.

An agreement can be made by:
1) early / advance inheritance settlement -> ex. a daughter marries and gets a big dower.
2) Apanage

A trust is also a possibilty to save the family asset: Then there is a private asset of the late person and a family asset, for ex. a castle.

Families, that have trusts are: The Leiningen family, the Hanover family, the House of Oranien-Nassau.....

Do you know how it is possible to give the main family assets to one male heir? I've never understood how the German noble families have been able to do this and avoid portioning. Is it that the assets are in a trust and you can make anyone the beneficiary?

But it was a complicated affair. Her father left Glorias mother in the early 1980's and the where divorced against the will of his wife. Count Joachim married then his former secretary Ursula by whom he had an daughter Annabelle. Gloria had taken the side of her mother at the time of the divorce but it's said the reconcilled with her father later.

Last edited:
The old Spanish saying, with the rich and powerful always a little patience, seems to be as apt today as it ever was. I support the concept of monrachy, however there is something distatesful about people who derive their wealth from communities where they (legally or otherwise) avoid paying their share of the taxes like most honest people. Seems like you can be a thorough scoundrel and still be adored. Sad these peoples expensive educations didn't include probity and ethics.

Yes, they were.....In Germany we say: she is päpstlicher als der Papst.....she is more pontificial than the pope is.....:)
But may be she wants her daughter in law coming from a happy family, that knows how to make her son also a happy family... ?

Päpstlicher als der Papst... yes, definitely. :) I must admit I have my problems with her metamorphosis - "from Saulus to Paulus". Not that a person can't change, but there's something around her which isn't genuine, just my humble opinion of course. Neither I can forget her silly interview together with Cardinal Meissner, full of prejudice...

However, you may be right with your assumption and there would be nothing wrong with that if a mother wishes a girl from a happy family for her son. :flowers:

According to Bild she had a tumour between her rips that had to be removed in 2006.

Thanks a lot Saschana :flowers: Thankfully Elisabeth is fine again!

Does someone know if she or one of her siblings have a boy-/girlfriend?

Fürstin Gloria and Fürst Albert attended the summer reception of the Bavarian Landtag on Schleißheim Palace yesterday.

-> Picture

Hey ! That's not fair !!!
This is traditional Bavarian clothing ! They just show how much connected they are with their home state. I like that very much. It shows that they are down to earth, because they could have wore also designer clothing for several thousand Euro.
May be the short leather pants might confuse you, but that's just they way to wear it.
By the way, their clothing was decent, there is much more knickknack possible.

My Dirndl ( name of the dress) is very pink.

No one claims, when Abdullah wears his headscarf or Rania her caftan. Or when Silvia wears her traditional clothing.

I don't mind the dirindl. I know that it's is a regional dress and Gloria is fond of them. I actually like the green and pink color combo. It's one of my favorites. :flowers:

I'm mostly bothered by Albert. Granted the picture is small, but it looks like the lapel is brown velvet and the color of his tie is too much. And shorts that short on a man regional dress or not...

Last edited:
I'm not actually very fond of the colours of Glorias Dirndl but I like that they wore traditional bavarian clothes.
About Albert... I like those short leather pants better than the ones that goes over the knees so good on him ;) Would be interesting to see if he's wearing those... I think you call them 'Loferl' in German... There's probably no english word for them :p Anyway those things made of wool the men but over their calf.

I think the short leather pants are sexy on him. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
But that's may be because I study forestry managment and I'm a hunter. A lot of people around me wear traditional german clothing and leather pants. I got leather pants, too, but long ones.

Okay, in the full frontal the shorts don't appear to be as short as I first suspected, but you're not going to win me over on that tie color. He has quite legs btw. :blush:

Has anyone listened to the video interview on Albert's website? My comprehension of German is non-existent and I would love to know what he and Gloria are saying.

Has anyone listened to the video interview on Albert's website? My comprehension of German is non-existent and I would love to know what he and Gloria are saying.

If you mean this one... I'll give a short summary ;)

Albert says that it's always been a dream for him to become a racedriver, as a child who wasn't allowed to drive go karts but instead motorcross. It was just a hobby for him and nothing he took too serious. One day he heard about the Lupo Cup and my mum allowed me to do it (if I'm not mistaken he was still under age when he started :ermm:) and that way everything started.
They ask him if he has any special rituals before he races or if he's superstitious or if he prays. Albert says that he does pray, some Ave Marias depending on how much time he got but that is the only thing he does and he doesn't have any other rituals.

They tell that Albert is actually still a student and so doesn't have any training, he basically just goes there on the weekends and races cause he is the amateur of the team while Kox is the pro.
When he got the race clothing on he says that it is a lot of pressure and the boss said that he always should go full speed and what his boss says are clear orders and he must obey them. Otherwise it won't work.

When Gloria is sitting on the couch she is very excited and says that it is really thrilling. There is a pro in front of him (who got more experience).

The reporter says that at first Gloria was a bit sceptical but somehow Albert was always into cars from the day he was born. Albert says that "brum brum" were his first words according to his mother (don't know if it is the same in english but in German those are the words toddlers use for cars ;)) and that he was always around cars.

Gloria confirms that it wasn't something else like "baba" instead "brum brum".
The reporter tells that due to being the Prince of Thurn und Taxis carracing will probably always stays just a hobby for Albert because of his duties.

Albert tells that Gloria is visting the important races and the ones that are close to home. He likes when she is there because he is usually on the winners' rostrum like the time when they made the video.

She is pretty proud of Albert and can judges the risks of the sport better now. She says that to be honest travelling or mountain climbing is much more dangerous. And because there are more dangerous other sports she can be quite relaxed about it.

That's it... Hope it was the video you wanted :lol:

Awesome! Thank you, Saschana. I had heard that brum, brum were his first words. It's pretty much the same in English.
Adelheid, I meant to say he has nice legs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Albert has two car races this weekend. In Germany you can watch it on Kabel 1 or anybody can watch the best parts on ADAC GT Masters

Thanks for the photos!
It was great to see Princess Elisabeth and Princess Maria -Theresia making a public appearance. Furtsin Gloria's necklace is an odd choice.

Maria Theresia is my favourite of the daughters. I think someone wrote here, that she is Alberts favourite sister.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom